Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 218 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 216 217 218 219 220 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:33 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
I haven't seen one in the wild before then.

these  moose aren't in  the wild , they are in our yard.    i'm so sorry you fell and hurt yourself....but it sounds like a fun retreat     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 1:22 AM | Locked

Elaine,

I'm sorry about the boo boo but I'm happy you enjoyed the retreat. Looking forward to seeing your mystery quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 2:49 AM | Locked

Oh Elaine - sounds like you had a great time even though you fell.  I am glad there are no lasting repercussions from the fall.  I am so happy that your first retreat was such a success for you.  I remember the first one that I went on and have lasting memories of it for my life.  And of course, lasting friends - that is where I met Jodie for the first time.  I hope that you made some new friends and I look forward to seeing your finished quilt - I am thinking it is awesome!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 6:12 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Yes, but she's crazy FUN! I wish I were more like her

Me too CC!  I lead such a boring life, afraid to do anything, that's how I was brought up.  Wish I had Ginny in my life to show me how to live.  

Am I too old Ginny?  Could you teach this old dog new tricks?

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 6:12 AM | Locked

Good Morning all,

I'm ready for a nap. Could not sleep, have heartburn, probably from the chili and corn bread and all the goodies yesterday including Paczki (I ate 2 of them). Anyway, I got my fabric cut out for the Mystery Quilt #4 and going to get another cuppa and get some work done on the Ladies... I am so far behind and got another pattern yesterday. Hope y'all 

xoxoxo

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:01 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist

What is Paczki?????

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

Marie:

Am I too old Ginny?  Could you teach this old dog new tricks?

i'm pretty normal,  i am married to a crazy man, he gets these crazy ideas and before i know it,   i get sucked up into his vortex, and there i am doing crazy things with him.    i could send you sam for a while, i could really use a rest.  i pay his friends to take him off my hands.   i was so nuts following him around one summer, that i called his best fishing buddy and begged him to take sam for a week.  i told greg i would pay him any amount of money he wanted, if he would take sam for a week; and that he could have our first-born, if he would take sam for two weeks.

i'm pretty sure sam could teach you some new tricks. i'm positive he could.  how long do you want him and  how much is it going to cost me?    oh, and you'll need ear plugs, he never stops talking.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:25 AM | Locked

Poor Elaine, I'm sorry you boo-booed yourself. Otherwise it sounds like a terrific weekend!

Marie, don't you know anything? I've seen some of your quilts. You are a Fearless Quilter! Just because you don't ski doesn't make you timid.

Althea, It's been ages since you've posted over here. It's nice to see your smiling face!

MoomMist, I'm on my way to eat with you.  Your dinner sounds yummy. As long as you were up with the heartburn anyway, did you spend the night playing with Lizzie?

I keep having delusions about getting the binding put on the latest wallie/practice FMQ piece. Hasn't happened --yet. I have a fun idea for another goofy little piece, but it's on hold for a little while, until I get some other things taken care of.

This morning I am going to make tator bread, and while it rises I'll tackle Mt Washpile (hope to reach base-camp before nightfall) and throw some beads. I ordered a mountain of new glass, so now I don't feel like I have to hoard what I have on hand. This afternoon I'll take my master wax to the foundry and have the bronze caster grade it, critique it and decide what I need to do with it. With any luck we'll pour the mold(s?) today! He'll get a loaf of bread and some custom beads in exchange for his trouble.

Yesterday I fiddled a bit with a watercolor doodle. I decided that the required weekly FMQ practice helped me so much that I'd try doing the same thing with my drawing/painting. I suprised myself with how well the doodle came out, and now I'm thinking of ways to expand on it. Maybe someday it will be a completed painting. LOL For now it's on hold as my wrist didn't like the fine work very well and today it's complaining.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:25 AM | Locked

Poland

Singular Noun is Paczek (pohn-check)
Plural Noun is Paczki (punch-key)

Paczki (punch-key) Day is the feast of plenty before the Lenten fast begins. It is the last day of gaiety in Karnawal time, the period between Christmas and Lent. This is the time for sleigh parties called Kulig. To mark the last moments of excess before the austerity of Lenten sacrifice, Polish Roman Catholics celebrate Paczki Day.

On this day the traditional deep fried pastries (something like jelly doughnuts) are enjoyed throughout the world's Polonias. This joyous activity precedes the Gorzkie Zale (lamentation services) of Lent in Polonian churches. In Poland, Paczki Day takes place the Thursday before Ash Wednesday, called Tlusty Czwartek (Fat Thursday). Long lines form in front of the bakeries in Polonia, and millions of Paczki are sold.

In United States Polonia, Paczki Day takes place the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, traditionally called Fat Tuesday in Carnival. Polish American bakeries also supply Paczki in the hundreds of thousands that day. Often in American Polonia, Paczki Day is celebrated with polka dances. In Roman Catholic grammar schools throughout American Polonia, children enjoy Paczki at school on that day."

i think i've found my new favorite food.   these sound so good.      gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 9:52 AM | Locked

I married a polish amn and he never told me about this!! I may have to harm him...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 10:07 AM | Locked

Well that is pretty much what it is. I'm not Polish but live in an area where there are lots and not to stereo type, they really know their way around Yeast Breads and other yummies!!!!!! Most people just call them Jelly Donuts but they are a heavier dough than most and at one of our super markets, they had all different kinds of jelly fillings, Raspberry, Blueberry, Custard, Lemon and a couple of others. Then they covered them with grandulated sugar... there is one left and I'm seriously thinking about having it for my lunch but I'll have to eat it before DH get back.... He said they weren't as good as what his "Polish Grandmother" made. Now I know, I am going to get it with a fresh cup of coffee. No, I can only go and play with Lizzie when the heater is lit and so, DH usually heats up the room in the morning and I go out for about an hour without the oxygen because of the gas fireplace. Sooonnn though the weather will be warmer and I'm hoping to get off the oxygen by Easter. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 10:09 AM | Locked

Gini

These really sound yummy. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 10:14 AM | Locked

gini:
i'm pretty sure sam could teach you some new tricks. i'm positive he could.  how long do you want him and  how much is it going to cost me?    oh, and you'll need ear plugs, he never stops talking.

Now hold on here a minute!  Not sure I should do this?  Jack and I were married for 50 years and if he said 25 words a day that would be a stretch.  Also he was a homebody therefore I was.  Let me think about this and get back to you.  As for cost to you?  Hmm I seem to remember Sam cooks, that would be enough for me.  But wait, if he's going to teach me new tricks we won't be home much so that's out.  Boy this is a tough decision, maybe another appliqued block would do it?  Yup that would do it!  BTW have you spoken to Sam about this plan?  If he agrees then I'll go out looking for a padded full bodied suit for protection against the elements, let me know.  Don't want to land in the ICU cause it won't be pretty!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 11:20 AM | Locked

Marie:

Don't want to land in the ICU cause it won't be pretty!

Nope this ain't pretty lol! But I don't remember seeing anyone in ICU .... are there really people there beside the ones on the gurnies (SP)

Well, I've been playing. I have also been watching Quilt It the Longarm Quilting show here on QCA and have been using a white board to practice making feathers, but perhaps I found a better way or at least another way. I have a Wacom Bamboo Tablet and PSP and Photoshop Elements, so I decided to try it out. This is the best feather so far and I was pretty proud of it as most of them look like junk until I found my own flow, so instead of going right to left and down and up, I started at the bottom left to right and what do you think???? is it looking like a quilted feather? I know it is rough but much improved from what I was doing.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 9 2011 11:22 AM | Locked

Ms MoomMist

Looks good to me.  I start at the bottom and go left to right too.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 218 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 216 217 218 219 220 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use