Top 10 Posters

What are you up to today! #2

Page 217 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 215 216 217 218 219 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,829 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:56 AM | Locked

The first time my DH took me skiing, he and his friend took me up a hill I shouldn't have been on.  I skied it, apparently just fine, but I was so rattled, I went and sat on the chalet deck and shook.  Then I went and did it again.  No guts no glory!!  I haven't skied in years, not since we opend our first business and life came to an end. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 12:00 PM | Locked

Granny M:

Ms MoomMist:
Now hereeeesssssss Lizzie

And don't it make my blue eyes, green.  I am really happy for you, wish it was at my house.  Let those of us still drooling know how hard/easy it is to learn.

Granny M

Its runs really easy and other than I thought it is much lighter than I expected, so I wouldn't have any problems using it. I was a bit worried with the COPD but seems like I can run her just fine. Now I just need to practice my feathers because it works like a pencil and I can doodle away the day lol. I have an old cheater top that I'm practicing on so it is just the muslin backing on this nautical fabric that I can use on the deck on cool Spring and Autumn evenings...

Thanks for all your nice comments.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 1:52 PM | Locked

Gini, I don't know which would scare me more, the momma moose or the ski hill! You amaze me!

MoomMist, I'm glad you are loving your machine already. it sounds like a dream come true.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 4:48 PM | Locked

Gini - you can do my skiing for me.  My sister tried it once and told me that she didn't like the "out of control" feeling she got.  I think she meant the feeling you get when you slip on ice.  I think I will limit my snowtime activities to walks and making snowmen.  Gorgeous pictures though.  I like you moose guests.  I can mever get pictures of our deer around here.  As soon as you open a door, they are gone. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 4:49 PM | Locked

MoomMist - I am waiting to see a picture of Lizzie all set up and raring to go.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,383
Points 360,887
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:05 PM | Locked

Gini,

thanks for the great photos. Love the moose.

I'm with Nana. I'm not trying to ski down any steep slopes.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:22 PM | Locked

gini:

this is how i keep my buddy happy, when i would rather be quilting.   see that big post in the middle.  that is a winch post.   the hill below ( on the right)  it is so steep, they have to hook a winch on the groomer and winch it up the hill. it's referred to as a winch cat.  when you are standing on this slope, sideways on skis,  you can reach out and touch the side hill.   i hate the steeps, but there i was,  skiing down that stinker, all the time thinking "if you fall, you die", over and over.  it was so much fun i skiied it twice.  my heart gets it's exercise from beating so hard due to "scared to death".    so much for being a prudent skiier. 

Gini you are one crazy broad!  Seriously, what were you thinking besides "if you fall, you die"?????  And you did it twice!  You are certifiable!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,889
gini replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:22 PM | Locked

vivian,  my husband lives to ski.   the only days he missed last year were the days we were driving between ski areas.   he so wanted me to enjoy it too. 

my first ski trip, i was 6 months pregnant, and i was so terrified i would hurt the baby, that i slid from tree to tree at the side of the hill,  letting go of one branch as i caught another.  it was a rope tow, we had lace- up leather boots, wood skis, levis and a rat fink coat.  does anyone remember those?  it was raining and my clothes had soaked up enough rain that i weighed 500 lbs., at least it felt like it.  the boots hurt, the skis wouldn't turn. i was soaked to the skin and frozen.  it was not a good experience.     i put off learning to ski, until they invented 1) warm water proof clothes.   2) comfy buckle boots.   3) skis that turned.   4) chair lifts for every run.  to this day i hate anything that i can't sit down on and relax.    i am still mostly a fair-weather skiier.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,889
gini replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:24 PM | Locked

Marie:
 You are certifiable!  

so i've been told.  twice now  :  )  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:25 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
  I think I will limit my snowtime activities to walks and making snowmen

Marge I don't even do walks anymore.  My kids make a chair with their hands and carry me to the car.  LOL  I'm beginning to see why Gini has so much fun, she's crazy!  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 9:07 PM | Locked

Yes, but she's crazy FUN! I wish I were more like her.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:11 PM | Locked

Loved the moose pictures, gini. While we were in Sweden we wanted to see a moose so badly, and finally on the way to the airport in Gothenburg we saw one in the woods. I haven't seen one in the wild before then.

Well, I will report on my weekend retreat. It was at Prairie Fire Lodge near Maple Hill, KS. It is a beautiful setting. A creek runs right out back of the lodge. It is a true lodge, standing 3 stories tall. But it only has 4 sleeping rooms, so some of us had to sleep in the conference building. Of course, I had to start my weekend out with a bang. On going up to the conference building Friday night after we were through sewing for the night, I had my hands full of luggage, etc, and it was dark, and we had to walk beside the pool to get to the building. We didn't have a flashlight, so we could see, but not too well. There was an anchor that holds the pool cover on sticking up out of the concrete, and of course I had to trip over it, falling flat on my face. I hit my nose, and my chin and mouth, and landed on my left hand, where just 10 days ago I had surgery to release De Quevains tendinitis. For a minute I thought I was dead!! But I managed to get up an access myself and my injuries and reallized I would live to see another day. No lasting damage was done to my left wrist, but I still have a huge bruise on my chin. I went Monday to see my orthopedic to get my stitches out and he thinks I am a walking accident.

But back to the retreat. We ate until we couldn't eat any more, we sewed well into the night. Our mystery quilt pattern was one of Debbie Caffrey's, Quilter's Quandry. It is a star quilt. I hope I can finish it soon. It has a kagillion pieces to it. And a lot of edges on the bias, so I call it Quilter's Nightmare!! We had drawings for door prizes, and drawings for gift certificates from the quilt shop putting on the retreat. We all had a great time. That is the first organized retreat like this that I have attended. The quilt shop owner's daughters cooked the food for us. And we all brought treats to share. I think I may plan to go again next year.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:15 PM | Locked

Oh Elaine, poor you, but glad to hear you had a great time.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,698
Points 436,370
Nana replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:22 PM | Locked

Elaine

The retreat sounds awesome.  The fall however sounds horrible.  Glad there weren't any lasting injuries.  Hope you post pics of your quilt soon.  Sounds really neat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,470
Points 24,110
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:26 PM | Locked

Nana, I am sorry to say that I got halfway to the retreat and remembered that I left my camera on the charger. I will try to get pics from one of the other ladies if I can. Sorry about that. It was a beautiful place.

Page 217 of 256 (3830 items) « First ... < Previous 215 216 217 218 219 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use