Top 10 Posters

Did you work on a quilt today? #2

Page 70 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,581 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:14 AM | Locked

mars92:

Take care Granny M- and if you need to talk about your daughter I am always here for you!

Thanks Mars,   I am a retired nurse practioner and I think that is why she won't agree for me to talk with her MD.  I think she may be in denial as to the seriousness of this.  It is driving me crazy to not know what is going on and advocate if needed. Good thing my hair is already grey or I think it would turn overnight. When I worked, I handled stress by burying myself in work,  now I bury myself in quilting.   

I just bought another 50 worth from connecting threads, I love thier fabric and thier sales.  Along with what I just bought at Hobby Lobby, my house is slowly being  consumed by fabric. 

I tried the confetti hearts yesterday, what a mess, it falls apart when you take the paper off the fusible. I try several different things and nothing had it coming out looking like a heart.  So I may just use some solid squares (also in scrap bag) and quilt the heart in, maybe with feathers, need to do more of that anyway. The string squares are coming out very pretty.   I have some work to do today before I can quilt so need to get cracking so I get my reward of sewing.

How far where you from all the flooding in AZ?

Granny M

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,270
Points 35,195
Granny M replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 7:22 AM | Locked

Great project Rhonda, really pretty.  

And yep the error message is back again.   I think we get the threads so big the server can't handle it.  It stopped last time when they started a new thread for this board

Granny M

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 8:44 AM | Locked

I have a Quik  Sew pattern.I ordered it from Nancy's Notions , but I'm sure  any place that has Quick Sew Patterns would have it.It takes about 1/2 yd fabric fabric & sew up real quick.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 8:48 AM | Locked

What a sweet little girl , love the pattern Ruth.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 9:02 AM | Locked

Ruth,

Love the hat...who is the cutie patootie model?

Cindy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 9:16 AM | Locked

Eve is one (of 7 ) grand children ,they are always helpful ! They love to sew with me & when they go home my sewing room is always a mess. But I love having them underfoot . I set them up a machine , give them a box of scraps & they have a ball. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

Ruth, I'm really bad I bought my only Gd her first sewing machine at 3 yrs, she is 5 now. I have hers Ste up with a little desk next to my sewing cabinet we have lots of fun.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 9:31 AM | Locked

My daughter is 15 now and she has had a machine since she was about 5. She has since advanced to my old machine but will "sneak" and use my good machine because "it sews so much nicer" lol. Her and my girlfriend fight about who will get my sewing machine when I die (nice huh?).

I love that hate pattern. I would love to make some of those to donate. I will see if I can get my hands the pattern. Probably not legal to share the pattern huh?

what a great to use up fabric too...and I can justify buying more fabric hehehe

Cumberland Gap, TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,602
Points 178,383
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:30 AM | Locked

RHONDA beautiful bag!  I also have a taste for the black white and red.  Someone posted a quilt in those colors months ago and I wish I could find it again.  Anyone remember?  It was stunning!  I have started collecting those colors in hopes of finding it.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,602
Points 178,383
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:39 AM | Locked

Gini, love the ring!  I also paid just a skinsh more that $5.  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,602
Points 178,383
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:40 AM | Locked

Ruth, love the hat and the model who's wearing it is pretty cute!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:43 AM | Locked

Rhonda~

For security/privacy reasons you should remove your email address from your signature area because this is an open group and anyone can have access to your email address.

I love your purse!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:45 AM | Locked

Hi Ruth~

The chemo hat is great! That would be such a good project for guilds to do, too. Thanks for sharing the pics. Your GD is adorable, too. Glad to see so many young kids sewing again.

North of Boston MA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 13,135
Rhonda Laws replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 11:14 AM | Locked

OK Diane I will thank you

Cumberland Gap, TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 1,260
Ruth replied on Sun, Jan 9 2011 12:02 PM | Locked

I wouldn't mind sharing,but copy right laws forbid copying. Go on line to Nancy's Notions  & look for hats. It's easy to find.My friend has a wig  several other styles  & she says she likes these, they are easy to wear ,even indoors.

Page 70 of 173 (2582 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use