need some advice about diamonds

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Female
22 Posts
Points 690
Samantha Webber posted on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:35 PM

Does anyone have any tips on sewing diamonds together to a big diamond... I am havin trouble getting my seams to match on them, because i cant match the seams when sewing.. AAARRRGGG. Please help.

Samantha

Enid, Ok

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,110 Posts
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 9:01 PM

samantha, you sew the little diamonds together in rows and sew the rows together.    your rows will be the diagonal of the diamond.   does that make sense to you?    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
5,033 Posts
Points 108,610

My only experience with diamonds was is making lonestar quilts. I strip piece them and cut them as units.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
22 Posts
Points 690

gini:

samantha, you sew the little diamonds together in rows and sew the rows together.    your rows will be the diagonal of the diamond.   does that make sense to you?    gini

Right. I sewed 3 strips together and cut them at the diagonal. Then I have 2 other sets of these. Now I ahve to take the 3 sets of (3) diamonds and make one big diamond. But my problem is that when I go to sew them I cant match the seams, becasue it off sets the diamonds... I can do it. It just takes a lot of time, and guessing on if i have them in the right position, because of the 1/4 in. seam.

Samantha

Enid, Ok

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,110 Posts
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:23 PM

samantha, i match seams and pin every intersection.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,110 Posts
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:26 PM

it is also easy to get wobbly seams when you are strip piecing.  so i slow down and carefully seam the strips together so they are even.   then when you cut them, use one of the seams to line up your diagonal cuts.     gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use