Top 10 Posters

Suggestions for QCA Poll and Survey Questions?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 64 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) posted on Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for good suggestions for our members newsetter survey question and our monthly online poll.

If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the community (humorous/serious/just curious or otherwise...) let me know.

PLEASE NOTE: I am only asking for suggestions for survey questions here. To participate in the survey contests please visit the QCA Community Blog and post your answers there.

Thanks a bunch!

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 275

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,415 Posts
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 10:41 PM

Lori Hatch:

If prices for fabric go up, I may be forced to sell me husbands fly fhishing and hunting gear to buy my fabric...You don't think he will mind do you? Ha!

hi lori, welcome.   oh,   no no no, i don't want to take sam's toys away, i like him to BE away.  he can have all the poles, skis, guns, whatever he needs to keep him out of the house.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Liz K:

Do you remember the first quilt you ever saw or slept under?

Hi Liz,  I thought you'd like to know that I picked your question for this March's QCA survey. I hope it generates a lot of wonderful stories.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 10

Hi Liz,

The first quilt I every saw came from a house built in the early 1800's. I discovered a Log Cabin Quilt the was falling apart from age and use. I was able to save 3 large blocks and 4 smaller blocks. I decided to frame them in acid free backing and mat's begind glass. The finished 36"x 18" framing has hung in my house for over 23 yrs. I will treasure it for ever!

Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 30
Lynne replied on Sat, Mar 5 2011 7:11 PM

I was 6 years old and had to run out of our apartment in the '50's in San Francisco at 2am because the place next door was engulfed in flames.  Many homes in SF were built right smack against each other years ago.  I was in my flannel gown and barefoot and the very thick fog was going right thru me.  The nice lady across the street that was always baking cookies and fresh bread came to me with a nice warm quilt her grandmother had made many years before that and wrapped me and snuggled me in it, reassuring me that our place would be okay, which it was.  But having that warm quilt that smelled of bread from that day's baking out in that very damp and cold and scary night made a lasting impression.  I have been quilting seriously since I moved out on my own at 19 and never ever work on one that that memory fails to return and makes me smile.  Lynne De Boer

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Hi everyone!

Please post your replies to the survey questions here:

March's QCA Survey Contest: What is Your Earliest Memory of a Quilt?

Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use