Top 10 Posters

Suggestions for QCA Poll and Survey Questions?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 64 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) posted on Tue, Nov 30 2010 10:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for good suggestions for our members newsetter survey question and our monthly online poll.

If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the community (humorous/serious/just curious or otherwise...) let me know.

PLEASE NOTE: I am only asking for suggestions for survey questions here. To participate in the survey contests please visit the QCA Community Blog and post your answers there.

Thanks a bunch!

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 275

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,582 Posts
Points 48,240

Sharon, boo hiss to the shop owner more interested in money than meeting your needs. Excellent question!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
264 Posts
Points 2,260
Libby replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 11:02 AM

My question is: How did you become involved in quilting? Slowly over time or jumped in the deep end without thought?

Libby

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Sharon~

Great question. It is so intimidating when buying a machine...especially a beginner. And it sure doesn't help having an unscrupulous dealer out to make a buck instead of a happy repeat customer. That hurts them in the end though.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

When you start a new quilt, what is the reason you are making it? Are you making it for someone, to sell, keep for yourself or because you just love it and had to make it?

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,402 Posts
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:39 AM

great question Diane. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Ooh! You all have some great suggestions here! I'm starting with Kris' question in the polls...inquiling minds (especially mine!) want to know. You can all expect that I'll get to the rest of your questions in the coming months. THANK YOU for all the great ideas!

QCA Liz S.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
25,331 Posts
Points 373,352
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 7 2010 2:44 AM

You're welcome Liz. Thanks for using my question.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Quilt Maverick:

How about:

Do you have a designated sewing room? or sewing space?  I have to use my kitchen table or a corner of the living room, it would be nice to know I am not alone.  

Hi Maverick! I was curious about this one too! Here are the poll results on the sewing space question from back in April: April Poll - How big is your sewing space?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Diane Morgan:

When you start a new quilt, what is the reason you are making it? Are you making it for someone, to sell, keep for yourself or because you just love it and had to make it?

Hi Diane! Here's the latest on that question from last month's survey. I just posted the responses here in our Community Blog. It would be nice to hear from more people on this one! 

November Survey - I Had to Make It!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

Sharon:

My question would be, "What functions are a must have on a sewing machine for the absolute beginner?"

Hi Sharon, This is a very good question since I am thinking about what features to consider in my next machine and I still consider myself a beginning quilter. Back last May I asked a similar question on how to shop for a good sewing machine. I'll work on posting those responses in the Community Blog in the next week or so for you. I got LOTS of replies, so people are passionate about the topic!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
594 Posts
Points 24,165

MNnancy:

Okay, back to Liz's request...

How about "How many dogs and/or cats do you have, and do they help you quilt?"

Thanks MN Nancy...I just posted your survey question here: January's QCA Survey Contest - Do Your Pets Help You Quilt?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
626 Posts
Points 13,135
Suggested by Rhonda Laws

Here's what I want to know...

What drew you to the quilting world? Watching a family member? The love of fabric? A TV show? The desire to create? The desire to leave something beautiful behind?

and

Are quilt guild still the going thing? or have internet groups replaced them? Are the members of quilt guilds older or younger? I am having a difficult time finding a quilt guild where they are not make only traditional quilts and only older (I just don't fit in because they don't care for my methods).

Cumberland Gap, TN

Top 200 Contributor
Female
365 Posts
Points 4,075
Answered (Not Verified) Liz K replied on Tue, Jan 18 2011 6:15 PM
Suggested by Liz K

Do you keep most of your quilts or do you given them away?

How many hours a week on average do you quilt?

Do you have a favorite quilting style?

Do you prefer hand or machine quilting?

Do you remember the first quilt you ever saw or slept under?

Who is your quilting inspiration?  Mine is my grandmother who taught me to sew and quilt.

Page 3 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use