Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 65
Janice Posted: Sat, Nov 20 2010 11:23 AM

Hi!  I'm new to the Quilter's Club.  I've been quilting for many years and still love it!  I'm at the point now where I'd like to get a longarm quilting machine.  I recently played around with a Pfaff at a nearby quilt store and it was wonderful to use!  My concern is - when I need to have my machine repaired, where do I go?  Does anyone out there have any experience using a Pfaff machine for quilting?  Tx, Jan

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 20 2010 2:41 PM

I don't own a Pfaff, but  there are several ladies on here that do. But I would like to welcome you to the site.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,102
Points 410,819
gini replied on Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:28 PM

welcome janice.  they usually come to your house to set them up and you have to take a class on how to use and maintain them.     some companies come to your house to service them     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 20 2010 9:41 PM

Jan

Most Pfaff dealerships have repairman that they send their machines to....some even have in store service.  Check with your dealer about service options in your area.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:10 AM

Hi Janice,

welcome to the group.

I have two Pfaffs and I love them both. From recent experience I would say if you get a Pfaff only take it to an authorised Pfaff dealer for routine maintenance and service. Since I moved I no longer live near a Pfaff shop so I took my beloved Creative 2170 to a different shop. They messed up my machine and I thought I would lose it (the machine not my mind) after taking it to one person after another who said the machine was fine when I knew differently. As a last ditch effort I called a Pfaff dealer and was told they can fix my problem. They're further away but it's worth the drive to me to have my machine taken care of properly.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use