Top 10 Posters

Mid-western Retreat @ Walnut Place

Page 4 of 68 (1006 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,005 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:29 PM | Locked

Barbara:
but I'll keep you open just incase things change between now and Sept. Will that be okay with you

So you don't have to give them a definite number until later????  If not, I will definitely keep trying to work things out.  I just thought you had to let the owners / hosts know by the end of December. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:26 AM | Locked

No ,not till later or closers to Sept. I think she said 4 to 6 week pre .but I'll have to go back and check my messages,I've kept them. My reason for setting a deadline is so that we can get our block exchage done ,I wanted to be able to give everyone plenty of time to work on them...so I'm gonna keep you listed for now. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:46 AM | Locked

FOr all our new member ,esp the ladies in the mid west,We are having a retreat  September 8 thru11 at Walunt Place, in Des Moines ,Iowa, The house will sleep up to 12 people ,but some are going to stay in a hotel,due to bring spouse or friend. The approx cost for this will be 103.00 for the 4 days. this is an outstanding bargin.for a retreat,We also plan to visit the home shop Of Fons and Porter in Winterset which is very close to where we will be staying.Other then that this is just gonna be 4 days of visiting with club members and quilting .We are going to do a block exchange but more on that later.If anyone is intrested in joining us ,please let me know ,to get your name on the list . We have several member going as of now and this should be really a nice relaxing 4 days.You can ckeck out the house online. thanks you ..Barbara

Walnut Place Retreat 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 102
Points 1,835
Susan Smith replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:46 AM | Locked

Barbara...is there still space to stay at the retreat??  I just found this..and was wondering who was going...Do you have an informal list of the participants.

I would love to go.....just let me know....

Susan

Susan.....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 10:27 AM | Locked

Susan, yes we still have some places open and you are more then welcome. It will be great to have you . Lets see off the top of my head  we have going,and another maybe ,Barbara

Nancy and firend           Prairie Dog and firend       Leslie ?                   Susan

Elaine                               Eileen and Spouse                              Marylin ?                   Barbara

Thea                                  C J Hines                       Marge ?                    Gini  ?

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:14 AM | Locked

barbara, i'm still a maybe.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,155
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) replied on Sat, Dec 18 2010 11:12 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Susan, yes we still have some places open

Hi Barbara,

Sorry that I did not spot your Midwest retreat plans sooner! Would you be open to my posting an invitation in our next newsletter? I don't know how many open spaces you have left, but I think a lot of QCA members woudl be delighted by the idea of a retreat. The only catch is that the newsletter will probably post right around Jan 2nd, which is past your deadline. So if you prefer that I leave it out, that's fine too. Just let me know either way!

QCA Liz S.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 6:46 AM | Locked

Liz, yes that would be fine,I did go ahead a extend the deadline,due to so many new members. Walnut Place only sleeps 12 people, so all are welcome but will have to stay in a hotel. We are not charging those that stay in hotel. for the house, they can still come everyday and sew and interact  with us. There is also a website  Where they can look  up Walnut place retreat.so they can see what a great place this is.And one of our goals is to visit the shop in Winterset. If you have any more question  please ask and I'll do my best to answer..Thanks Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,155
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:34 PM | Locked

Dear Barbara,

Thanks so much! I will send anyone interested to this discussion to ask any questions. It I weren't moving sometime this year to Virginia I'd consider coming myself! I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time!

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

QCA Liz S.:
It I weren't moving sometime this year to Virginia I'd consider coming myself!

What - does this mean that we will lose your expertise on the QCA site???? 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:37 PM | Locked

Barbara - If I can come, it would be me and someone else as I wouldn't drive that far without a "shotgun". 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,155
Liz S. (AKA QCA Liz) replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:48 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

QCA Liz S.:
It I weren't moving sometime this year to Virginia I'd consider coming myself!

What - does this mean that we will lose your expertise on the QCA site???? 

Oh gracious no! I'm not giving up my QCA fun! I'm keeping my QCA work with me...in fact I hope to have a bit more time for you all after I move. My DH just took a new job in VA, but I have to wait till our house sells before I make the move. It sould be quite a year for us, but I am excited. It will be a whole new adventure!

QCA Liz S.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:48 PM | Locked

Marge, that s fine there are some others that are bringing a guest.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:49 PM | Locked

Liz ,that's to bad we would have love to have you ,does this mean you are leaving us at QCA.? Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:51 PM | Locked

Liz, I'm happy to hear your not leaving us . We would have surely missed you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 4 of 68 (1006 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.