Page 3 of 68 (1006 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,005 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,061
Points 170,737
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 28 2010 9:43 PM | Locked

Oh, I didn't know Nana was out.  I'm hoping to make it to all three of those quilting destinations.  DH will travel with me to both coasts.  My BFF will do this Iowa retreat with me.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 6:01 AM | Locked

Marge, sorry to hear Nana, can't make it , but I do understand ,WE hope you will be able to come ,Bring your friend  We'll get it all figured out...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 1:32 PM | Locked

Nancy

I would have loved to do all three but finances just don't allow that much travel.  Maybe they will have another midwest retreat next year.  Hope you all have a great time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,061
Points 170,737
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:25 PM | Locked

Nana, if I had to come from as far away as you, I couldn't afford three trips either.  Luckily for me, the Iowa trip will just be long day's drive, and my friend offered the use of her little Prius that gets 50 mpg.

I'm a little irritated at my husband who was charged with finding us some reasonable air fares for the East Coast trip.  He talked about some good deals earlier this fall, but he didn't lock us in, and now he's saying we'll have to wait until after the holidays to see if the rates drop again.  So I still don't know for sure what dates we'll be traveling for that trip.  Did you lock in yet?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,826
Points 43,869
Eileen replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 9:26 PM | Locked

Barbara, I'm retty sure DH and I will be there (stay in a hotel) - trying to find things for him to do while I sew :-)

I like the idea of a block exchange but would also like to work on my own projects while there.  I would also like to contribute to the cost of the place even though I won't stay there overnight.  Perhaps we can think of ways for those of us not staying to contribute so costs are spread out more?

Quick lunches are a great idea, as many of us will want to spend more time sewing or visiting fabric shops, etc.  Maybe a slow cooker meal would make a lunch or dinner easy? I have two slow cookers & could bring at least one if people would like something like chili or stew or a similar dish?

Thanks for all the organizing you've been doing! This will be fun :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:59 PM | Locked

Nancy

No I haven't locked in yet.  I have to wait until after the first of the year when I get some tax money back.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 30 2010 12:18 AM | Locked

Eileen. I think the majority of  us all, is to work on our own projects, which is fine with me. As far as the cost I figured since those of you who are staying at a hotel will have enough cost so I will leave that up to you. I still think 103.00  for 4 days is still a bargin. If hubby gets bored will make him the gopher..lol ,think he'll like that ? Just kidden ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,476
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:33 PM | Locked

Eileen:
Maybe a slow cooker meal

The slow cooker meal sounds like a good idea. I have a crock pot I could bring. Oh, I have an idea!! You need something for your hubby to do to keep him from getting bored? Can he cook? He could be our chef. What do you think??

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 1:24 AM | Locked

Diane

I agree with you-I have also been following along and for us stay at homers-its gonna be tough. We will have to think of some fun things for US to do also.  Do you have skype--?  Its free and you can download it and now you can talk to someone on the computer LIVE and see them--is that cool or what, and you can show them your latest creation or a technique or some paintings, drawings etc ....  We can think of something to have fun also.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 1:09 PM | Locked

Marlene

I do have skype.  I signed up for it when my DD and SIL were living in Omaha so that we could talk and actually see each other.  I haven't used it since they moved back to town.  It is funny how we forget about having these things....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,590
Points 392,222
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 1:32 PM | Locked

I use Skype to talk to my parents. They have a telephone number with an area code from the US so it's a cheaper all if I need to use the phone.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 2:06 PM | Locked

Nana & Kris

You have Skype too--HOW Cool.  So I forget how to add people to my list-  is it by email addresses?    My techie wizard friend set it up for me.  He is coming for Christmas.  He lives in San Francisco. Oh Nana, just think now Pancho and Ms Cricket can talk to each other on Skype. Oh be still Ms. Cricket's heart.  She will just die seeing her BF !!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,590
Points 392,222
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 2 2010 3:56 PM | Locked

Marlene,

you search for the person by name or addy then add him/her to your contacts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 1:44 PM | Locked

Well ladies, it doesn't look like I will be able to join you.  First off, my friend won't be avaliable to ride shotgun.  Also, it looks like the kids will be leaving for Brazil on the 9th ot 10th.  Oh well.  I can join you vicariously with pictures and posted accounts. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,959
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 4:17 PM | Locked

Marge, Well I'm sorry to hear you can't join us ,but I'll keep you open just incase things change between now and Sept. Will that be okay with you ?

I'm also gonna go ahead a leave enrollment open for awhile longer in case any of the new midwestern gals would like to join us .there 's really no hurry anyway .,,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 3 of 68 (1006 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.