Page 1 of 68 (1006 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,005 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:48 AM | Locked

Ladies attending the mid west retreat . I have book the Walnut Place Retreat for Sept 8 thru Sept 11.2011 . the deposit has been made and the cost per person will be $102.72. for the four days. Those of you who are staying in hotels will have no charge for day visits, but with spliting the cost between all of us ,should make it around $82.00 per person for the four days .I hope all will agree that this is really a reasonable deal.

I hope you all will be happy with our choice ,We will be about 30 mins from Winterset ,and close to other shops in the area to do what we like ,buy fabric lol.

I will be getting  back with Nicole ,who runs the Walnut Place ,for directions on how to get around Des Moines when the time gets closer. SO everyone start working on your ideas of what we want to accomplish while we are there. I'm really looking foward to our visit in September. Enrollment is open until the end of February 2011

Thank You

Barbara

To contact us:

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 12 2010 9:44 AM | Locked

Since I have not heard back for anyone yet ,I am assuming that this date and place is okay with everyone. If I need to change any thing please let me know .Thank you Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 8:19 AM | Locked

Ladies, I just recieved this message from Nicole ,about some of the perks for our retreat. Barbara

To:
"Barbara Rickman" <
Barbara,
I wasn’t sure if I had mentioned this before but if there are people coming from out of the area, you might want to let them know about Historic Valley Junction.  It is our downtown area full of all types of shops (including the Quilt Block).  www.valleyjunction.com  On the Thursday night that you are here, there will be a Farmers Market from 4 – 8 pm with live music as well.  It is only 5 walking blocks from the house but there is also plenty of parking.

Also, if some of the ladies are interested in shopping there, the Foundation office has shopper’s discount cards available.  If you let me know how many are in your group, I’ll grab a discount card for everyone.
Smile
Nicole

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 1:24 PM | Locked

Barbara, wonderful!  I'm fully committed - it will be me and one guest and we'll be staying at the retreat center.  Do you want us to send some money?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 3:19 PM | Locked

Barbara:
should make it around $82.00 per person for the four days
Barbara:
the cost per person will be $102.72. for the four days.

So Barbara - if you stay at the retreat house, you would add these two costs together???  I am still debating whether I can come up but don't count me out as yet. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 14 2010 7:47 PM | Locked

Hmmm, I read it differently, and I thought the cost to those staying at the house divided by 12 would be $103, but if we split it between all participants it would go down to $82. 

If that's the case, I don't mind paying the $103 without charging the day guests.  Their hotel costs will be more than our fee, so we don't want to make it so costly that they opt out of coming.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 6:32 AM | Locked

Nancy ,I think your right, I don't mind the 103.0 either. that way the gals staying at the hotel ,just have to deal with thier hotel fee. thats sounds good . No we don't have to have any money until we get there and then we pay nicole . I have  made a reservation ,like you do for a hotel. with my credit card but I'm not charged unless we don't show up ..I think the cost for a four day stay is very good ,and I'm looking foward to going...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 6:38 AM | Locked

Marge, The cost is $103.00 for four days .I had orginally thought if we split that cost with everyone it would be around $82.00 ,but since some of the gals want to saty in a hotel  we are not gonna charge them for the day visits to the retreat.With 12 of us staying at the retreat we don't have to.  So the final cast per person to saty at the Walnut Place is  $103.00 total for four days.Barbara I do hope you will come it will be so nice to meet you .Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 10:06 PM | Locked

Barbara:
The cost is $103.00 for four days

Barbara, the $103 is fine with me. I plan to stay at the Walnut Place. So save me a bed!! I can't wait to meet everyone. It is going to be so fun. This past weekend I put my big girl panties on and drove to Oklahoma City all by myself from Topeka, so I am all geared up to make the trip to Des Moines. That was my first long solo trip since my husband died. It wasn't as bad as I had feared.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Mon, Nov 15 2010 11:01 PM | Locked

I have been reading about the planned retreat and that you asked for some ideas for the retreat.  I have a suggestion.  Look on the internet.  I was digging around in there one day and found some wonderful ideas.  One site I visited was SD Quilters Guild.  When you get in there  click on Quilt Guilds on the left side then go down to Programs suggestions and also another  one I clicked on was Games.  I was really surprised at all the suggested fun things.  I had to go in and out of this a couple times to find it but it might give you some good ideas.  Hope this helps. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 16 2010 5:28 AM | Locked

Thanks Pearl, I will check it out .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:57 AM | Locked

Ok I get it now.  I agree that spliting the cost between the ones staying at the house itself is a good idea to keep it reasonable for the ones staying at hotels. 

What are the plans for meals?  I am assuming (and I know that could get me into trouble) that meals are not included in the $103.  Are the plans to cook at the house and share the costs / eat out / or combination?   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:10 AM | Locked

Marge ,thath is a good question , and at this time I just figured we would do both. But you are the first person to ask this so .quess will throw the question out to everyone. there is a complete  kitchen at this house .

Okay Ladies a good question was asked . How do we want to work out meals? I think a combination of both would be okay , so think it over and let me know ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:15 AM | Locked

Elanie, Glad youmade it, I had the same thing  approximently 10 years ago when I lost my hubby, but after I took the first step it was fun. I have since remarried and now go with DH most places ,he will not want to come to this one  LOL  ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, Nov 17 2010 1:26 PM | Locked

Regarding meals on our retreat, I know from experience that we do not want to spend all our time in the kitchen cooking. We had a retreat at a place in Manhattan once and that is what we wound up doing. We took turns cooking meals for 3 days, and it practically consumed us. So what we usually do at our occassional retreats at a local motel is bring snacky stuff and cold cuts for sandwiches and eat out one meal a day. But of course the hotel furnishes a continental breakfast, so we would have to do something about that meal, too. So maybe cook breakfast, eat sandwiches for lunch, and eat out for dinner. Or if we shop, maybe eat out for lunch when we shop. I'm open for anything. My main objective is to have this be a fun and relaxing trip and get to know all you wonderful people, and I know that whatever we do, that will be the way it will be.

Page 1 of 68 (1006 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use