Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,705
Points 138,670
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sat, Nov 6 2010 10:47 AM

I have two machines. My main machine is a Viking Sapphire 830 that I bought last year. I almost didn't get it because of some bad reviews. But am I glad I did! It's a wonderful machine that has performed for me flawlessly. Since I got it I've made a dozen lap quilts for family and tons of miscellaneous items such as a case for my Kindle.

My second machine is new. It's a Baby Lock Audrey. Very light and small. Perfect for carrying to classes and when we travel in our RV. It's a lovely little girl.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,213
Points 253,449
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:04 AM

fJudy , I want one of those Shapphires, but oh my they are pricey, I did try sewing on one and I thought I'd gone to heaven. Couldn't even hear it running and so smooth . I love it..I'm so jealous ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Judy T-Bellingham:
It's a Baby Lock Audrey.

Judy:

Tell me more!  LOL.  I'm thinking I need a lighter machine to pack.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Judy:

Welcome to QCA.  Please share pictures of your quilts.  We would love to see them.  And check out the Pacific NW retreat thread.  Would love to have you join us.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:17 PM

welcome judy,   i have a sapphire 870, that is used mainly for the quilting.  the only trouble i've had with it are operator error      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,705
Points 138,670

The Baby Lock Audrey is only 11 pounds. It has 58 decorative stitches. The throat isn't big enough for machine quilting but I main.ly use it while traveling or at classes where I'm piecing or machine appliqueing. I do machine quilt smaller items like place mats or some calendar squares I made. I looked at the less expensive small Brother but the Brother was heavier and the small Janome was more expensive. I didn't need anything real fancy, just as light as possible. It cost me $399.00

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,705
Points 138,670

I'm kinda new here and will post photos of my quilts and projects. I just want to be sure I do it correctly. I'm afraid I'm still a bit confused about where I post things.  Thanks for the Pacific NW tip, I'll check that out. In the meantime, I'll try to get something posted in the show and tell section if I can figure it out.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,705
Points 138,670

Gini: I know what you mean!  Thank goodness for my dealer who was so very helpful and patient with me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,705
Points 138,670

Honey, don't die and go to Heaven until you've gotten your machine and made good use of it! (grins). I drooled over the machine and went back and drooled some more until my husband finally said "Oh good grief! Buy the machine, I can't stand this anymore". He was happy when one of the first quilts I made on it was a lap quilt for him with crows on it. I'm not sure if he'll appreciate this photo.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 6:34 PM

Judy

I love the quilt and I think the pic is fabulous.  Great recommendation for your quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 8:34 PM

judy,, your quilt is doing just what it ought.  love your picture and love the quilt. crows are some of my favorite birds.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Judy, welcome. I love your quilt, DH looks very comfy.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:17 PM

I've never seen a crow on a quilt before.  I love it!!  The quilt and your husband's enjoyment of it both make me smile.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Judy~

Good advertisement of the Audrey machine and how DH appreciates it. Nice quilt! Made me laugh. Don't let DH know that he is being seen all over the world!

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,213
Points 253,449
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:36 PM

Judy, beautiful quilt,and hubby looks like he's enjoying it too much LOL..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use