rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea Posted: Fri, Jul 24 2009 9:07 PM

Here it is ladies and gents!

Came out pretty good and I love the rick rack - after it is sandwiched and sewed together and I wash it the rick rack will fray up on the tail... it will look so cute...lol

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Althea,

You sure have been busy lately.  You have accomplished so much.  Good for you.  I love this quilt.  You did a great job.  Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 24 2009 10:21 PM

thank you - I think I wore myself out today getting it finished... as I sure am tired tonight - i think I will veg in front of the tele and see what is on... not sure if I can sit still that long though - I have one quilt cut out in a project box and the new material that came today that is just screaming to be cut up - but I think as tired as I am that I would probably make mistakes so I think it would be a good idea for me to rest up...

Maybe continue reading that book that I started about a month ago - or look at the postcard book...

I want more energy today - but don't think that is happening at the moment - I might be in bed early tonight... not early in the morning like I have as of late...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

So cute Althea!  Do you sleep???? LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Fri, Jul 24 2009 10:36 PM

Not very much Spud... I try  - I really do try but I wake up in pain and once I am awake I have to get up - they have tried giving me sleeping pills and I sleep walk and drive and shop on them - so I would rather be awake awake if I am going to be out and about...lol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Fri, Jul 24 2009 11:45 PM

spud, not only does althea not sleep, she must have 48 hour days.  you're my hero althea.  keep on quilting.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 12:00 AM

I have to say I have heard of sleep walking and even the driving but ummm do you make it to the quilt shops when your sleep shopping????

I have found a new excuse to shop...I dont know babe I think I musta been sleep shopping at the LQS.......giggles. I wonder what the come back to that will be...guess I will have to try it and let ya know. I thinks I better plan this one out just right so I not get caught before I get out door.....lol

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 1:31 AM

I think if they had been open I might have - but no - I woke up the next morning thinking I had slept through the night - walked into the front living room to bags and bags of stuff from Wal-mart - nothing I needed - i took it all back that morning and threw the sleeping pills away - called my doctor and said what next doc...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 1:34 AM

sometimes it seems like i never sleep but I really do - from around 2 - 3 am until about 7 am - sometimes 8... lol and then sometimes I am up till the sun rises and then I go to sleep only to wake before noon...

Sleep deprivation is bad but they think it was because all those years of military service when i worked swing, afternoon, morning, mid... my body never knew when it was supposed to sleep - so it didn't -

I think now that it is very dangerous but they say it is okay... so who am I to disagree - when planes start falling from the sky because all the controllers are too exhausted.. then maybe they will re - evaluate...

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 9:34 AM

Althea--What a pretty rocking horse quilt!!  I'm working on one for the grand baby. I got the pattern from the Quilter mag. for May.  My horses aren't reversed though they go in the same direction.  Would love to post pictures but don't know how to download photo's yet. Oh well!!    Just wanted to let you know I really like it!!

Tammy--NE.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 10:02 AM

I got this pattern out of Quilter's World - I thought they looked cute going both directions... and yes it was a nother mistake - I was going to have them looking at each other on the row that has 2 rocking horses but forgot when i was sewing the rows together and sewed the 2 singles rocking horse rows first - then I looked at it and thought YEP like it this way...lol

I dreamed last night about the backing...lol... even in my sleep I am quiting... it was a painful night so guess since i lose myself when I am quilting that my subconsious thought that thinking about quilting would be the right thing to do...

Am up now and back in my chair... I'll be working on the backing or Bunny today - maybe both - I have Bunny cut out so can sit at the sewing machine and do that and when I need a break I will gather up the scraps from Rocking Horse and measure them into squares and see how I do...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 10:02 AM

I got this pattern out of Quilter's World - I thought they looked cute going both directions... and yes it was a nother mistake - I was going to have them looking at each other on the row that has 2 rocking horses but forgot when i was sewing the rows together and sewed the 2 singles rocking horse rows first - then I looked at it and thought YEP like it this way...lol

I dreamed last night about the backing...lol... even in my sleep I am quiting... it was a painful night so guess since i lose myself when I am quilting that my subconsious thought that thinking about quilting would be the right thing to do...

Am up now and back in my chair... I'll be working on the backing or Bunny today - maybe both - I have Bunny cut out so can sit at the sewing machine and do that and when I need a break I will gather up the scraps from Rocking Horse and measure them into squares and see how I do...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 10:20 AM

Althea, I love the quilt. My FIL collects rocking horses. I bet he would get a kick out of this.

I can totally relate to your issue. I was given sleeping pills and ended up sleep walking and driving on them. I must have hit something because there's a mysterious dent in my car. I just wait for my body to crash to get some sleep.

I'm not always as productive as you are but I do get a lot done. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 10:41 AM

I am in a productive streak right now - I can go for days not getting a stitch sewn - that is how I feel right now - but lately I have felt like that in the morning and in the mid afternoon that sewing machine is just screaming at me to use it... and I have so many things I want to make - so right now glad that I am feeling up to sewing...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,343
Points 241,927
Thea replied on Sat, Jul 25 2009 6:24 PM

I went outside to check on China and pulled some of the weeds out of the garden - temp was up to 105 earlier and is now down to 94 - but it felt good - I love the heat it makes my body feel so much better... but at the moment the mosquitos are just horrible - then while I was pulling those weeds I ran across the biggest ant hill - in the middle of my garden... they have to go - so going to get some grits to get rid of them... tomorrow ...

I had to drive again today so am sitting again in my chair but the sun and heat have made me feel better...

I have decided to make a pillowcase to go with Rocking Horse and I think I still will have enough material to make  squares sewn together for the backing... I will have to draw out the order of the squares...  I made some blocks out of flannel to go with a quilt I made Echo when she was born - I think I might make some of them too.

For now the sewing machine is still covered but I am getting the itch - have to put some hand cream on my hands first though and let it soak in - the dirt from the garden irritates my hands - my whole body actually - something in the dirt out here makes me itch - but it doesn't stop me from having a garden.. I digress... i washed my hands and now they are dry - so have to get some lotion and then think about dinner and after that - I think I will uncover the sewing machine and maybe either do the pillow case or start on Bunny...

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use