What's your favorite notion?

Page 4 of 6 (88 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Me too Judy, I love my stilletto and I would be lost without it. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Jul 12 2009 5:21 PM

I was afraid to buy one cause it looked liek something I would never use.....plus I like those multi-tasking tools. But then again giggles never know what I may do......there might be a sale and ya know you have to buy something if it is on sale.........giggles

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 260
glenda replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 10:54 AM

the peg board otherwise i could never find all  the other gadgets i cant sew without lol add in there a exacto knife for taking out embroidery gone bad lol as i like to embroider on my quilts when i am making them for family and grandbabies, adds a little personality and the kids love to show them off and tell their friends that their nana made it for them special

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 11:15 AM

The one item I use every day is my serger.  I bought a dentist kit that had a light with it and that is one of the other things I use. 

I love large eye needles, lots of fat quarters. and all the different magazines with patterns.

Spudgrandma:

What is the one thing you sew with you don't think you could live without (excluding the big things like machine etc)  I bought a stiletto a few years back and I just don't think I can function without it anymore. I use it for guiding fabric, picking out oops, taking the last little bit of the bobbin, and many many more.  It is just my favorite toy you could function without but I just don't want to.... LOL

from Minnesota

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Peggy,

I'm intrigued with your dentist kit, what is it?  I was also suprised that you use your serger every day.  I love my serger and have owned one for 20+ years but even when I made all the kids T-shirts and such I don't think I used it every day.

T Lynn - SW Idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 3,135
Peggy replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 7:41 PM

I was looking for something that I could use in place of a stiletto.  While shopping at Cub Foods, in the toothpaste isle I found  a little kit which included the tilted mirror and a blue and white pick attachments with different sizes of the tips.  I use the mirror to help line up the needles on the back of my serger and sewing machine.  The little tips, I use similar to the stiletto or better know as an extra hand while sewing and not sewing into my fingers,  Done that a number of times.

I saw a program I think it was on Create Tv or public television showing how to make quilts with a serger.  It included tote bags and other items.  I got hooked. 

from Minnesota

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

I've never seen a dentist set, I will have to look, the mirror would be great for the serger.  I'm not sure about piecing quilts on the serger???? LOL

T Lynn - SW Idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Tue, Jul 14 2009 11:48 PM

The idea of the lil mirror is good...My dentist gives those with each of kids check ups....Guess I found a use for the extra ones......Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Thu, Jul 16 2009 1:08 AM

Favorite tool...hmmm... so many tools that I use for each and every quilt  --

rotary cutter - mat - good rulers - stiletto - seam ripper - good light from Ott... good stabilizer -

hmmm ... how do I pick just one -

I love my gingher cutting mat  - it is nice and thick

then I have the Ott rotary cutter with the retractable blade - has a lock on it to keep it open or closed - with my hands this makes it easy to lock it open and not have to hold that button... and easy to close and lock

Good rulers with the sand paper dots so that they don't slip - clear lines...

my stiletto to hold the pieces in place as i am sewing... don't get my fingers near that needle

My Ott light - old bi-focal eyes can see so well with it

Stabilizers/freezer paper - when I am doing applique by machine - or doing embroidery...

Great material... that doesn't fray...

But I guess most of all - I want quality thread that doesn't break and blends into my quilt.

God bless,

Althea

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,068
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 22 2009 11:22 PM

It is really hard for me to choose. I feel blessed to have all of the tools. I would have to say  good quality thread as well. I have become almost as addicted to thread as I have to fabric. If I could I'd just order a whole display of it and have it ready to go.     

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,266
Points 135,068
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 22 2009 11:51 PM

Lynne, Ditto on the notions addict. It's almost as much fun to try new products as it is to buy fabric.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Thu, Jul 23 2009 1:34 AM

I have to say thanks for telling me about the stilleto...I have found out it is a great lil tool. I now wonder why I didnt get one before....I love it...thanks again

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 75

I've always wanted one of those antique thread cabinets for my sewing room...but that's not going to happen! Besides, most of the thread I buy now is that bigger spool of cotton!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,059
gini replied on Thu, Jul 23 2009 8:42 AM

we were at cabellas' yesterday, and i got a couple of fishing tackle boxes for my applique threads. it's goiong to work great   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

The stilleto is a great tool Rhonnie, another one is the hemostat, it is great for grabbing the bobbin thread when it comes up really short. I like being able to reach under without worrying about sewing my finger LOL

Page 4 of 6 (88 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use