Trouble with eaten edges

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40

I use what my favorite shop owner calls "sew on, sew off" pieces, as has been described as landing strips or scraps.  For these strips I have another quilt that requires a lot of small pieces to be sewn together, and keep these pieces by the machine, hence, no wasted thread, no wasted time.  Before I know it, I have an additional quilt top done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jun 18 2009 6:45 PM

Zees..., Awesome idea. If I'd just do one quarter inch seam on these instead of reusing them, I coud actually cut them into pieces for a scrappy quilt. I think you should send this tip into Fons & Porter. I really feel like you could cash in on this one.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Bonnie Hunter uses, and has used, the idea of the leader/ender pieces for years; and she uses pieces that will eventually become a quilt. I think she cuts lots of squares various sizes, and then while she's pieceing whatever quilt, she's also starting on a scrappy one. I'm pretty sure she explains more about this at her site. Here's the address

http://quiltville.com/

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40

Thanks so much for letting me know Bonnie has it in her book.  I just bought it this last week.  Bonnie was in our local shop just about a month ago.  She was visiting her mother over Mother's Day---neat ladies--both of them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Sun, Jun 21 2009 6:31 PM

Judy, Thanks for the info. Will go to the quilt site to see about this. What a unique idea. Kind of killing two birds with one stone--so to speak!!

Tammy--NE.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

I totally agree; Bonnie is a neat lady. I've know her since we met at a get-together in Salt Lake City when we both belonged to an online called Inter-Quilt, I think. It's a number of years ago.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use