Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Sun, May 2 2010 12:37 PM

Way cool Wendy.  How big are the blocks? Great idea

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, May 2 2010 1:32 PM

That's a nice scrappy quilt wendy.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585

WOW! I'm seeing some Gorgious pictures in here! Beautiful work, Ladies. I could so-o-o- snuggle up in those yummy creations!!

Last night i had an idea that I thought i might share. The lieklyhood of me ever getting around to this particular project is slim, but makybe some of you will like the notion...

WHAT IF (I do love that phrase) you were to take you scraps and turn them into yo-yos? In my minds eye I am seeing a perfectly darling handbag made out of scrappy yo-yos. MMMmmmm Yummy!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sun, May 2 2010 3:24 PM

I like your scrappy quilt Wendy. I have a hard time with scraps too. My brain likes order. I'm making a scrappy DJ though. It's easy since each block only has 2 fabrics.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Joanne:

You know, I could never get into doing a scrap quilt, although I do keep them all.  What's the secret?  Do you just have to be a scrap fanatic?

I have only done a few scrap quilts but I really hate dealing with scraps...they are so messy...the scrap management system really keeps them organized and ready to make a variety of quilts....so I guess the answer to your question is "no" you don't have to be a scrap fanatic to make a scrap quilt.

Ontario, Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

Wendy your quilt is lovely and such an easy way to use up scraps

Ontario, Canada

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Your quilt is great, Wendy!

Gillette, WY

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, May 3 2010 8:18 AM

Wendy and Carol!  Such stunningly beautiful quilts.  I have go to do some scrappies.  They are wonderful. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat replied on Mon, May 3 2010 8:30 AM

Can you give a little more detail as to 'scrap management'.  Mine are just thrown in a large plastic tub - just in case I need a small piece of something . I   am really out of control.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Pat:

Can you give a little more detail as to 'scrap management'.  Mine are just thrown in a large plastic tub - just in case I need a small piece of something . I   am really out of control.

There is a thread  called "A  Quilters Lumberyard" A Scrap Management System" filed in "Quiltmaking" on this site.

That thread explains the system and gives you a place to buy the one pattern that has been printed so far.  The last I knew "The Quilting Bee" in Yuma, AZ had the pattern with a 20% discount.  That pattern explains the system.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Wendy:  Love your split nine-patch using strip scraps.  Great use of light and dark.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 1,106
Jan replied on Mon, May 3 2010 11:00 AM

The scrappy quilt is really nice.  Good use of color and light and dark.  I have done a couple scrappy quilts, but like the idea of the lumberyard management system.  I give most of my small scraps to a friend who uses everything.  She has made a postage stamp quilt and another that is just odds and ends sewn togeth - sew and flip style, then cut into 7" blocks.  The quilt is heavy because of all the thread, but really colorful and interesting.

Jan from SE Iowa

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat replied on Mon, May 3 2010 2:14 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Pat

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 216
Points 2,055
Pat replied on Mon, May 3 2010 2:14 PM

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Pat

Page 4 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use