Page 3 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 69 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 790
Points 20,040
Carol replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:28 PM

Eileen, Joyce, Nana, Gini, Althea, Jay-marie, Diane M, and Kathy D et all:  Thank you for your comments.  I have no idea how to start a blog ~~I can send a picture now and again, though if I spend too much time at this site, there won't be many quilts made, will there?  I,m not sure just how many quilts I have had machine quilted, but I do know this one is the first one done by a LAQ for me, and I liked it, so that got me started so I could get some of the years of tops quilted the last few years. Thanks again, I surely enjoy this site!! Carol L

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,849
Points 366,407
Kris replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:37 PM

Very nice Carol.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:39 PM

A beautiful location for a beautiful quilt.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,517
Points 47,270

Carol your quilts are wonderful! Makes me want to start digging out the scraps. LOL, they will hae to wait for the many projects in line ahead of them.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,424
Points 415,964
gini replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:49 PM

carol, that's a great quilt and a perfect spot for it.    and, yes you can lose all track of time here and have  little time left for quilting.   pacing  yourself is important     : )         gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Carol--

Setting up a blog isn't too different from regular posting and inserting pictures.  Just go to "My Profile" and click on "My Blog".  Then on the left sidebar, scroll down to "Blog Management" and click.  Again on the left, you'll see the option to "Write a New Post".  Once you click on that you'll be able to write and insert just as you do in a forum post.  When you're finished, scroll down and choose whichever save option you want.  You can return to "Blog Management" to edit and add to your current post or create a new one at any time.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 30 2010 6:37 AM

Carol

Your quilt is beautiful.  And I love the log walls....gorgeous.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

I have started using the "scrap management system" and I am surprised at how I can turn my scraps, that I would have thrown away, into pieces that can turn into a quilt...like the tail ends of borders, I have turned them into 2x2 and 2x4 and even a 2x6...that was on one border...pretty cool system...ladies you should consider this method..it only takes a minute to cut that little piece of fabric into a usable piece...and you will always have a quilt already cut and ready to go at any time ...thanks Snowbird!!

Ontario, Canada

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089

oh and BTW Carol your quilt is lovely...and I always love wood in a house

Ontario, Canada

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 4,380
Gale replied on Fri, Apr 30 2010 7:14 PM

There's a new blog about ways to use up stash here.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Helen Bell:
"scrap management system"

You are so welcome Helly:  However,  Cheryl Coffman and Patty Bowers who designed and received the "Trade Mark" and "Copyright" deserve the credit.  I'm just so hooked on the system that I want everyone to know about it.

Any scraps smaller than a fat quarter can be cut up into the "Lumberyard" dimensions and saved.  It's easy then to see how they can be used in nearly any pattern that you like.  As an example, the center of Jodie's Block of the Month can easily be made with 2 x 4's.  It would take 216 of the them, to make the center of that quilt.  That is if I recall properly and each block is 12".  I hope to try that out of my "Fairy Frost" scraps.

REMEMBER WITH THE LUMBERYARD SYSTEM TO ADD AN 1/2" TO THE LUMBERYARD DIMENSION!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Carol:  Love your quilts.  Way to put your scraps to great use. Love your home and that hanging quilt.  Close up picture Please?  (beg,beg,beg)

I need to put my scraps where my machine is and stop yapping about it!!!  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, May 2 2010 11:25 AM

Carol, your quilt is stunning on that wall, the colors are really nice. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, May 2 2010 11:27 AM

You know, I could never get into doing a scrap quilt, although I do keep them all.  What's the secret?  Do you just have to be a scrap fanatic?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, May 2 2010 11:52 AM

I have A hard time with scrappy personaly so I give all my scraps to my friend Donna. She makes beautiful scrappy quilts.  Last year we did a block swap for 6 months and made a light and dark split nine patch scrappy quilt. everyones looked so different because of the way we arranged the blocks. here is mine.

this year we are doing a scrappy string quilt.

• | Post Points: 95
Page 3 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use