rated by 0 users
This post has 69 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 4:29 PM

Carol:
I see this discussion started months ago, but I have just found it.
  Thanks for reviving an old discussion, Carol.  I hadn't seen this one.  (...and it was fun to see Spud's name again)

Could you post pictures of your technique?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 5:52 PM

Carol

Really neat scrap ideas.  I would love to see pictures.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 325
Points 5,577
Joanne replied on Sun, Mar 28 2010 6:06 PM

I agree about the pictures, sounds very Intriguing.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

I think I read this thread along time ago.  I knew I'd read something about dryer sheets.  Can't remember if it was this or not.

Fun thread and it was nice to reread Spud's comments.

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Mon, Apr 26 2010 10:23 PM

Now that we're all through with the MQ#2, and I finally got the pictures sent, I will now try to get back to this discussion and send a picture of some of my scrap quilts.   Actually, this is my view while I'm at the computer - but there are several examples here.  On the right is the denim with dryer sheet hearts appliqued; center bottom is small mile a minute blocks, set nine by nine within black sashings; on the left is MAM blks set with scrap columns of calico and denim.  The dark one over top is another mystery - Burrgoyne Surrounded is the pattern, I think, and left of that is Pat's Boxes.   The ones hanging to the far left, you can't see well enough but  nine patch on bottom,  a workshop Challenge quilt on top, garden stars and a scrap bars on back wall.   Don't know if that helps anyone, but there we are!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 46,089
Helen Bell replied on Mon, Apr 26 2010 11:37 PM

Spudgrandma:

Tawnya,

Isn't this site wonderful for learning new things. While I had done something similar years and years ago, this discussion has put the idea in my head to try another very scrappy quilt. I'm going to have to go and get me another plastic container to start a new scrap collection. LOL

ahhh...I got all excited to see that Spud was back but sadly it was just an old post that was revived...hmmm does anyone talk with Spud on a personal level?? do they know how she is doing?

Ontario, Canada

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 448
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:36 AM

Do you have a quilters guild in town that you can donate them to? Sometimes the guilds have special projects to make baby quilts for preemies or quilts for homeless shelters, those kinds of things.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,809
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:17 AM

Carol, your scrappy quilts are beautiful! I'm in awe of all your lovely pieces. Thanks so much for sharing!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Carol--

Wow, what a collection of scrap quilts!  I'd love to see them in more detail. Any chance you could post individual photos in a virtual quilt show blog?

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:55 AM

Carol

Your scrap quilts are beautiful.  What an awesome collection.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:41 AM

carol, that a great collection of scrap quilts.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,243
Points 239,807
Thea replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 1:46 PM

Carol - awesome use of your scraps - I really need to start doing something with mine - I did take a scrap therapy class 2 years ago at one of  my LQS shops and learned how to control the massive amounts...teehee... and I do have several patterns to use them up in... one of these days when I am so full of energy that I am unable to stop sewing - I will start sewing them up - and I hope that day is real soon...teehee...my DS wants tons of quilts he has said so I have a home for all of them - just need energy to make them...

I am in need of a quilting buddy here in town to spur me on too...lol

I love your quilts - and would love to see individual pictures of them so I can oooh and ahh over each one... thank you for the tease though - I am smiling and smiling now!  I so want this body of mine to behave today and let me sew sew sew... wonder if I could sew on 2 or 3 at the same time - clone myself - like Multiplicity...teehee...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
Carol Your quilts are great. It is amazing how these scraps breed isn't it. I have to make something with mine when I finally get round to catching up with myself.

Hampshire, England

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Carol, Your quilts are beautiful. Why do a stack of quilts make me want to cuddle under them like  a pile of raked leaves wants me to jump in? This picture would be nice to frame for your sewing area. A lot of hard work and talent.

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 985
Points 17,309
Kathy D replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:42 PM

Carol - your collection of scrap quilts is spectacular.  Great work.

Kathy

Calgary, Alberta

"Friendship is like a rose...opening one petal at a time only as it unfolds...day by day does it reveal its true beauty"

Page 2 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use