Page 5 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 69 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Mon, May 3 2010 9:31 PM

Joyce--thank you for the info on making a blog -- I will try to do that soon - you all are so helpful, and it is appreciated!!  That would be a fun thing to do, but takes some time ~~~~like everything, right?  We're right now at the point ready to print pictures and then clear the camera (media card) and start over.  Then I can start taking more quilt pictures and see if I can manage a blog. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 12
Points 255
Debbie replied on Sun, Sep 12 2010 9:57 PM

Carol,

You put the inspiration in scrap quilts. I have a huge stash and I want to do a bunch and donate to a mission in town for the homeless. A dear friend passed and her hubby knowing she would want me to have her material and craft supplies gave it ALL to me. Had like 10 van loads and I have two craft and sewing rooms! LOL I want to put her name "in Memory Of" on the donations as she had a heart as big as can be and she would approve. I Love the quilts you shown and would love to see in more detail if possible. Denim quilts are quite warm for the homeless. I save old jeans and I had a resale shop donate a ton of jeans so I plan to make quite a few of those and line with flannel. Some even sleep in cardboard boxes and need warmth. Sad. I may not get alot of real fancy quilts made but they will be nice and warm and colorful. Winters coming. Do plan on getting a few made for Christmas gifts as I love giving homemade gifts from the heart. I love your quilts!!

Debbie

NEOhio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sun, Sep 12 2010 10:30 PM

Debbie:
Love the quilts you shown and would love to see in more detail if possible. Denim quilts are quite warm for the homeless
  Debbie = thanks for your compliments - did you know that since this message, I did get the blog done?  Take a look at it for a lot ot scrap ideas, and if there is any one specific that you want information on, be glad to help you any way I can.  Except for things like mystery quilts, and things from QCA that I just have to do, my quilts are mostly scraps--sounds like you have an even bigger stash than me!!    Let me know if I can help you.  Carolml

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 360

For what it's worth --- Several years ago (before I had any thoughts of quilting), I somehow wound up with a whole bag of little oddball scraps that came from a friend. I think the biggest piece might have made a 10" square and the smallest about 2".  Anyway, I had the absolute best time one day just sewing them together, with no plan or care at all. My only concern was which edge would fit with which other edge. Sew enough little pieces together and you have a medium piece. Sew enough medium pieces together and ...... I'm sure you can figure out where that leads. Parts of it were strangely attractive where colors met that I would never have put together deliberately.

I wound up using the result as gift wrapping for an antique sewing machine that I gave my DH for Christmas. It was perfect 'cause I didn't have a box and wrapping paper just wasn't tough enough.

Linda (aka Wisty)

Certified fabric collector --- that means I don't HAVE to do anything with any of it! 

Wisty

Certified Fabric Collector (That means I don't HAVE to do anything with any of it!)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,920
Cindy replied on Mon, Dec 6 2010 4:43 PM

Linda,

How lovely...sort of like orphan fibers finding a home with old friends.

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 6 2010 7:14 PM

Wisty

That is a really neat idea.  Thanks for sharing.  What was the antique sewing machine?????

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 360

Nana:

Wisty

That is a really neat idea.  Thanks for sharing.  What was the antique sewing machine?????

The sewing machine was small (like a child's) but really heavy and excellent quality so we

were thinking it was probably a salesman sample.

Wisty

Certified Fabric Collector (That means I don't HAVE to do anything with any of it!)

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 45,195

I somehow missed this thread originally so I just had to go through the entire thing today. LOL! Carol, you and your friends did a wonderful work making all those quilts. I am really loving the patchy look which I never did before.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 5,312
LadyRags replied on Mon, Dec 20 2010 10:16 PM

CHECK OUT BONNIE HUNTERS WEB SITE ... QUILTVILLE.COM...... She has thousand of ideas for scrap quilts.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Points 5,312
LadyRags replied on Mon, Dec 20 2010 10:17 PM

Try Bonnie Hunters web site... quiltville.com... she has thousand of ideas on what to do with scraps.

Page 5 of 5 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use