rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 10 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 105
Lisa replied on Fri, Jun 12 2009 1:10 PM

Hi Kathy,

I am new to quilting and to this site and don't have any friends or relatives interested in quliting.  This is really a nice treat for me to have this forum available to meet other quilters.

I am from Hackettstown, NJ home of M&M's and Peanut M&M's candy.  When I am not quilting I am spending my day there earning money to buy all those great fabrics and tools for quilting.

Nice to meet you.

Lisa, Hackettstown, NJ

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Lisa,

I'm jealous.  You have the best job yet - making M&Ms.  If I worked there I'm sure they would want to weigh me on the way in and weigh me on the way out so they could tell how many M&Ms I ate.  Of course, the reason my butt is so big is because of all I have already consumed. 

Kathy Patterson, Fort Worth, Texas 

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Sandy,

Thanks for the information on the signature.  I have a habit of not reading all the information that is available.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 105
Lisa replied on Sat, Jun 13 2009 6:03 PM

Yeah, my job is not bad the smell of chocolate all day and the people there are pretty nice too!

Lisa, Hackettstown, NJ

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Sat, Jun 13 2009 6:09 PM

o.k.  kathy, how do you guys get those wonderful signatures on your posts?   gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95
Kandi replied on Sun, Jun 14 2009 3:21 PM

Kathy,

I was reading a previous thread and thought it would be nice to know where everyone is from since I have a hard time remembering from the introductory thread.  Low and behold, I went to the next thread and find you suggesting just that!!  Thanks.  I'm going to go to my profile and add mine.

I'm Kandi and I'm from Vancouver, Washington.  We are located in Southwest Washington, just across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.

Happy Quilting!

Kandi

Happy Quilting!

Kandi Graves  Vancouver, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Hey Kandi,

I've always heard that great minds think alike. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 61
Points 1,215
Joyce K. replied on Mon, Jun 15 2009 8:49 PM

Hey Kathy, you never did write about where in Ft. Worth you are. You also mentioned that you worked at TCJC. Were you a teacher, and if so, what subject did you teach? Or, did you work in the admin side of things? What are some of your favorite quilt shops in the area?

Joyce -- She who dies with the most fabric isn't sewing fast enough!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Sorry that I didn't answer Joyce.  Sometimes my mind is not home............

My mailing address is Newark, which is north of Saginaw.  Some of the legal papers on our house actually say Fort Worth.  I always tell people I'm from Fort Worth.  I don't want anyone confusing Newark, Texas with NJ.  I worked in the Payroll office at TCJC.  Our office was downtown in the May Owen Center.  I like Cabbage Rose.  After Keith and I retired, we moved to Northeast Texas, outside of Paris.  We lived there for seven years and missed Fort worth so much that we moved back about two years ago.  There is a quilt shop in Paris that is the best I have ever seen.  They have so much fabric.  If you can't find it there, you don't need.  I am still in contact with the ladies there and if I need something special, I call them.  I, also like JoAnn's. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583

Hi Lisa,

My son was transferred to NJ last year and has purchased a home in Hackettestown.  I visit frequently and was wondering where the quilt shops are around there.  I love all the parks and am now starting to gather for a portrait quilt of our son and granddaughter feeding a goose by one of the ponds intown. Looking for material to use for goose feathers.  Wow, what a small world, who knew I would read a post and "meet someone" from so close to my family.  I hope to be there (NJ) in less than 10 days for the birth of our new grandson.

Happy Quilting,

Alice, Roanoke, Virginia

Alice, Roanoke, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583

Hi Kathy,

It must have been nice ,living in Paris.  That reminds me of a FANCY NANCY book called A Boy From Paris.  The book is so cute and I like the series more than my granddaughter.  Hope Texas is not too hot now.  Virginia is rainy and muggy.  Wishing for sunny and muggy now.

Happy Quilting,

Alice, Roanoke, Virginia

Alice, Roanoke, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

Hi Alice,

Living in Paris sounds more glamous than it really is, in my opinion.  I perfer Fort Worth.  That's obvious.  I lived here, retired and move off and then moved back and happy to be here.  I told my husband, the next move I make is going to be when someone moves me into Assisted Living and then I'll only go kicking and screaming.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Jun 16 2009 4:37 PM

I hate to move I'll stay in King George Va. I love it here

Happy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,265
Carla H. replied on Tue, Jun 16 2009 8:17 PM

Kathy,

Hi, My name is Carla Hamm and I live in Houston Texas. It is nice to know where everyone is from.

Thanks for the post.

Until next time, go out and start something,

Carla Hamm

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Points 2,583

Kathy,I'm with you girl.  We just paid off the mortage and are settled in for the long haul.  A little Patio home would be nice though(he,he).  My hubby and I are getting projects done we had no time for while working.  Now our projects are crowding our projects and we still have no time. At least now we can sit and "think" about starting and how to do whatever. 

Stay healthy and happy!

Alice

Alice, Roanoke, VA

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use