Top 10 Posters

Farm Animals and such

Page 170 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 6:43 PM | Locked

Here is one for ya, I got a call today from my DD. She told me that her DBF and her are the proud parents of a hedgehog. She posted pics on FB. And it is cute but now I am a grandma to a hedgehog? Oh her name is Laiela (I am sure I spelled that wrong) It shound like layla. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 6:57 PM | Locked

Kaci has a stuffed hedge hog toy, but I've never really seen a live hedge hog.  The toy hedge hog sure is cute though.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

Karla, how sweet.  Love the dogs.

We have a 2nd one coming to join our family. That will make two Corgi mixes but the new one comes all the way from Puerto Rico where she was found starving and dehydrated and terrified. Just a 7 month old pup.  She was flown here and is at the local rescue organization right now. We'll get her once she's finished her various medical treatments  We've named her Sophie. Sophie and Corki have met twice and got along great. But I suspect Corki will be a bit jealous at first over all the attention Sophie will be getting.

More details and photos when we pick her up next week. She has quite the story to tell.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 361,017
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

Karla:
This is Bailey,,,she's a little smaller than me.

Kaci,

Bailey is really cute (for a dog). You two look like you get along really well. 

Orca.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,394
Points 361,017
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:40 PM | Locked

Julienne:
She told me that her DBF and her are the proud parents of a hedgehog. She posted pics on FB. And it is cute but now I am a grandma to a hedgehog?

Wow. I've never heard of a hedgehog as a pet. Very interesting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:17 PM | Locked

Karla:
Mom says running around with her might help me lose weight, since I need to lose about 8 lbs.

Now Kaci, no sneaking extra food into Bailey's dish to fatten her up so you can outrun her.  Ha, ha, that's what I'd do!  Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if we added another dog to the family.  I've never had to share my mom and dad with anyone except the cat who sleeps 18-20 hours a day.  Good luck breaking in your new sister.  Keep us updated.

~Calley

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:06 AM | Locked

My darling Furbabies,

It is with great sadness that I must tell you that our beloved Ms. Cricket has gone to Rainbow Bridge.  She started breathing heavily at home so I rushed her to the vet about 2 wks ago.  Her passing came very quickly as she went into heart failure.  The vet tried to save her and got a heart beat back once but her heart kept crashing as the vet called it. I know you all share in my loss and sadness.

Ms. Cricket loved all of you dearly and loved to organize "furbaby retreats"!  She made so many friends on QCA and talked about you all.  She loved to "steal" my red car and pick everyone up for the retreats. I can just hear her say, "Get in and hang on, we gotta a lot of stops to make and a short time to get there."   

But I must tell you Ms. Cricket went out in her usual style---flying through the air.  Two days before she passed away; she performed the most amazing trick of all she leaped into my  king size sleigh bed while I was sleeping.  This may not sound so special, but the sleigh bed is huge and is 3 feet from the floor!!  Remember Ms. Cricket is just a little girl!  She snuggled against me and slept.  I think that was her way of saying good-bye.

Here is a pic of Ms. Cricket with Gini and I when she and Sam came to visit us a few years ago. Obviously we were in the midst of laughing!  The quilt in the picture is Ms. Cricket's and is made from the Poodle fabric sent by Marge, Mac, and Autumn from Georgia!

I thank all of you for being Ms. Cricket's friend, she will be your angel now and watch over you all.

Many hugs,

Marlene

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,004
gini replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:24 AM | Locked

I am so sorry to hear about ms. Cricket.  She was a vey special girl.  Sending hugs your way.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 3:55 AM | Locked

So sorry for your loss Marlene. We love them like they are our children and it's so painful to let them go. Hugs and prayers coming your way. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:34 AM | Locked

Mars, I'm so so sorry to hear about the loss of your pup.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

Marlene,  you had a very special bond with Miss Cricket.   Taking walks through your neighborhood in your capes and all.  And yes, she did really have a way with the red car of yours, getting all the furbabies together for their retreats.  Many, many fond memories are there for all to remember.  I know she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge to continue your great times together.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

Marlene, sorry to hear of the loss of Miss Cricket.  I enjoyed reading her messages  and will remember her antics for a long time.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

I'm so sorry for your loss, Marlene. I lost Annabelle very suddenly on Black Friday and lost Sissy, a 16 year old we adopted from the shelter this year. We only had her a few months but she did more to heal my heart than anything else. Her passing was sad but I knew she was old and the ladies at the Smoky retreat were great with her. I still miss them both so much and Mimi seems a but lost without her sisters.

May your heart heal soon, Marlene. They take a piece of our hearts with them when they go. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

Ms Marlene

It breaks my heart to hear that Ms Cricket has went to the Rainbow Bridge.  I loved her dearly and will miss her so very much.   Mom and I will think of her often and send you big hugs.

Pancho

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Oh, Marlene, I feel your pain. Our Corki loved her ride with Ms Cricket in her red car. How much we love our furbabies and how hard it is to loose them.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 170 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 168 169 170 171 172 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use