Top 10 Posters

Farm Animals and such

Page 154 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Sun, Aug 12 2012 9:43 PM | Locked

I saw this photo on Ellen Degeneres' animal pictures - she has lots of them, but the way they show for me, I can't read the descriptions - still enjoy the animal pictures!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 1:47 AM | Locked

My Darling friends Calley and Pickles!

Love the pic of you two!!

I have missed you all terribly! Ms Piggy has this password under lock down.  I shall make up my own and show her a thing or two! LOL

How are you?  It has been hotter than fire crackers here. It hit 119 degrees in Phx last week, unbelievable.  I want snow, I think!

I will be thrilled when summer is over here, I am so tired of it. 

My mom did make me a tiny pillow to go with the quilt she made for her bed this summer.  She thought I should be eternally grateful. I told her unless it was steak in my kibble for the rest of my life, forget it.

I so want to go back to Tara for another retreat. I think we must ask Mac and Autumn to host another one in the fall when the leaves are turning.  Did you know their Dad was under the weather but is getting better. I sent him a card and told him he was the best host of fur baby retreats ever!!

I hope you are having a fun summer and playing lots in your woods. 

Remember Furbabies Rule.

Ms Cricket

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 7:29 AM | Locked

Ms Cricket, at last, my beautiful curly-haired girlfriend is back online!  I can't tell you how tired I am of hanging out with the neighborhood boy dogs day after day.  They are so uncouth!  I think a fall retreat at Tara sounds glorious.  Do you think Mac & Autumn's folks will be up for it with their dad still being on the mend?  We don't hear from them as much anymore, either, since their mom went to work at a quilt shop.  How is it that our mom's quilting behaviors can interfere with our lives?  ...yours locking up the computer so she can go fabric shopping and theirs locking it up as she heads off to work.  Don't they know the world revolves around us, and that QCA is dependent on the dues we pay to have our own discussion thread.

I love how you wrote, "I want snow - I think!"  Ha, ha - I don't think you'd like it on your itty bitty paws - the snow would cover up your pretty manicure.  I don't get to play in the deep woods again until late fall - when the woods dry up and open up.  Right now they are a jungle after all our summer rain.  The deerfly are almost done, so our road walks have become more pleasant, and there's still about another month of pond swimming to enjoy.

Did you see we have some new members?  We haven't seen a picture of them yet.  Maybe one of them will be a sleek long-legged male who will want to be my forever dance partner.

~Calley

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Calley,

I am bored to tears here!  I say we escape somewhere where it's cool and and we can order tropical drinks in a paradise setting where there are handsome hunks playing volleyball! Oh, and the waves crashing against the rocks at night to lull us to sleep. I think we should go find this paradise. We shall take the red car and hit the airport if necessary. I will take her charge card. : ) 

Oh, my mom is out with Ms. Maggie lots and they are gone forever. And they don't take me at all.  And if they decide to take a quilting class forget it they are gone all day. : (   Our house looks like a quilt store. Its insane.  She is possessed with this stuff and keeps rearranging the quilt room so she can fit more in.

What my mom needs to do is pay more attention to me!  She needs to forget about this quilting and only hold me on her lap all day long and rub my tummy. 

I will have to look at our new members, I  hope they have a handsome fellow for you. You are the dancing queen, no one will ever take that title away from you though!

We do need to talk to Mac and Autumn about another retreat. Perhaps for Halloween when the leaves turn would be nice. A costume ball would be so fun, and I can come as Scarlett O'Hara. You know Scarlett is my middle name, didn't you? 

Oh, I think I shall write my  Mac and ask him if we can have another retreat at Tara, surely he would say yes!  We should start planning our costumes now just in case!

Take care my BFF, and think of where you would like to spend the rest of the summer, as we are going!

Hugs,

Ms Cricket

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 8:29 PM | Locked

Hello everyone!  I'm so ready for another retreat, hopefully in some place cool.  The beach would be nice, cuz' it's been so hot here in Nevada.  I have been sadly neglected lately, what with that new baby.  I'm beginning to think my Mom would rather hold that crying baby than me.  I tried to get a good look at him and lick his face, but his mother got upset with me.  Gee, I just wanted to know what all the fuss was about and where all that noise was coming from.  I thought maybe a few friendly kisses would stop all that caterwauling...but the humans in the house didn't seem to agree with me.  When Mom finally gave the baby over to Dad, I immediately jumped on Mom's lap.  This baby is not going to take my place.

Miss Kaci

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 8:35 PM | Locked

Oh Kaci, sorry to hear you have competition for attention.  For some reason, it's hard to beat those squalling little red-faced humans that everyone goes goo-goo over.  And have you smelled the diapers, yet?  Ooo-eee!  Maybe you'll earn some praise if you serve as a good guardian over the little tyke. 

~Calley

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 8:46 PM | Locked

Well at least the baby doesn't live with us...he's only come over here to our house once...but Mom and Dad go over to their house mostly to see him and the other two boys.  They say they don't want them to feel left out.  Well, what about me?

Kaci

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 1:31 PM | Locked

AHA!!  Mom left the computer on so we could sneak in here while she isn't looking.  Good thing we taught Neko how to open the door for us.  Another retreat --- Ha ha --Dad didn't even know he hosted the last retreat.  When Ms Cricket wrote him a note in his get well card he had to ask Mom what she was talking about.  At least he laughed about it. 

It has been hotter that blue blazes down here in Georgia too.  Spend the days sprawled in the shade or taking dips in our pool.  We started shedding big time but it was at the same time that Mom was tied up with Dad so needless to say we have knots and wads that need attention.  :o(  Oh well, Mom will take care of it soon.  She tries to use the shedding comb on us but we both attack her at once.  :o)  Kinda hard to groom one dog when the other one keeps sticking their head under her arm.

Mac

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
She tries to use the shedding comb on us but we both attack her at once.  :o)  Kinda hard to groom one dog when the other one keeps sticking their head under her arm.

Does that mean you like the shedding comb?  Is it like a Furminator?  I never get knots, but I do get the furminator treatment once or twice a year when Mom gets tired of sweeping up my short red hair from the floor and furniture.  

We have definitely cooled off up north.  You're all invited for a dip in the neighbor's pond - a great swimming hole if I do say so myself!

~Calley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 9:22 PM | Locked

How many of my doggie friends have done this?

~Calley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 11:08 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Does that mean you like the shedding comb?  Is it like a Furminator?  I never get knots, but I do get the furminator treatment once or twice a year when Mom gets tired of sweeping up my short red hair from the floor and furniture.  

I get the furminator treatment...Mom says I need it everyday as she has never seen a fur baby that sheds as much as I do.  I don't really like it, but most of the time I put up with it.  I think that if she keeps it up, I'm going to go bald and that would not be good for a girl fur baby.

Kaci

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

How many of my doggie friends have done this?

~Calley

You are too funny.

Our mommy took pictures of us to post but she is being lazy today and not getting it done. Hopefully she will get them posted tonight. We got in trouble the other day because we were barking at 6:30 in the morning and woke our mommy up. She doesn't  sleep good anyway so she was a little upset with us. Then we went outside early.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:
Our mommy took pictures of us to post but she is being lazy today and not getting it done. Hopefully she will get them posted tonight. We got in trouble the other day because we were barking at 6:30 in the morning and woke our mommy up. She doesn't  sleep good anyway so she was a little upset with us. Then we went outside early.

Our mommy is so silly. She forgot to put our names on her post.

BG, Cookie and Rocky

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 17 2012 8:36 PM | Locked

Good to hear from you, BG, Cookie and Rocky!  You need to learn to type so that you don't have to depend on your mom to post for you.  I find if I hold a pencil in my mouth, I can tap on the letters.

~Calley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sat, Aug 18 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

Calley - Mom has a Furminator and a regular striping comb.  Furminator doesn't work on "wads" but it is great where we aren't all messed up.  I am sure that we don't help things any when we get out in the field and roll around in all the great grass that is growing since our rains.  Mom can only see the tips of our tails when we run around out there, it has gotten so tall.

Mac 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 154 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use