Top 10 Posters

Farm Animals and such

Page 13 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Tue, Dec 7 2010 9:31 PM | Locked

Miss Calley,

Is that you in the SNOW??.  Sugar, did anyone tell you NOT to out go in the snow, its too COLD?  I am YOUR BFF NOW, and I insist that you hop a plane this minute and get out of THAT snow and come to Arizona for the winter.  We have NO SNOW.  Forget those boyfriends, we will get you new ones. I cannot have my new BF freezing too death.  I have a doggie door--we only go outside WHEN WE feel like it.  

THis is a blanket invite to ALL FUR BABIES IF YOU have SNOW--get out NOW-come to Ms. Cricket's house for the winter.  You do not have to tolerate the cold white stuff. Kiss your mamas good-bye for the winter-you will see them in the spring. 

Ms Cricket  (its not snowing here)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 6:15 AM | Locked

Ms Cricket....  Have you EVER played in the snow?  You really must ry it once in your life.  Have your Mom take you up on Mount Lemon or around the Grand Canyon.  I know they have snow there sometimes.   It is sooooo much fun.  I love to roll in it.  We don't get it very often down here in Georgia so I need to take advantage of it when it does fall.  Autumn and I love to chase around in it like crazy doggies and help Jaimie make snowmen.  She is not amused when I take bites out of her snowmen.   Calley just needs to get herself a nice warm coat so she can enjoy herself up there in the frozen North country.  I told her to put one on her Christmas list so Santa would know that she needs one. 

Mac

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:13 AM | Locked

Ms. Calley the Vizsla here,

I DO have a nice winter jacket made by my mom.  I modeled it in an earlier picture if you scroll back a ways.  It's blaze orange so that the hunters in the woods don't mistake me for a small deer. Mac is right; playing in the snow can be great fun!  Once the temp goes below zero, though, I prefer to hang out in front of the fireplace.

Have you ever heard that your owners will start looking like you after a while?  Has that happened to any of you?  I haven't noticed it at my house yet.

Here's a cute poem that expresses my feelings about all my new furry friends at QCA...

A friend is someone we turn to when our spirits need a lift.

A friend is someone we treasure for their friendship is a gift.

A friend is someone who fills our lives with beauty, joy, and grace,

And makes the world we live in a better and happier place.

There is a miracle called friendship that dwells in the heart.

We do not know when it happens or when it gets its start.

You know the special lift that a friendship always brings,
 so spread your friendship far and wide and let the joy begin.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:16 AM | Locked

Sweet poem Calley.  You are very talented in that you can read poetry. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:21 AM | Locked

Oh, better than that, I can read my owners' minds!  I can tell when they're going to leave me home alone.  I can tell when they're going to feed me dinner.  I can even tell when they want me to join them on the sofa for a nap.  They don't have to say a word!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 10:33 AM | Locked

Calley

These are so sweet.  Thanks for sharing with all of us and our Moms.

Pancho

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 8:00 PM | Locked

I got this shot this morning.  Sheep and  a Harrier jet landing at the Marine base just a few blocks from where I live. 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,842
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:03 PM | Locked

Cool photo Patty Mc.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:09 PM | Locked

I'm having a hard time getting the greens and pinks together. I have tons of green not so much pink. I have a few strips ready to be pieced. I have lots of strings for the foundation piecing. I think I can do this step first while I "find" some pink and the LQS.

Kris, just the opposite for me, I usually don't deal much with green,  but I had plenty  because a friend gave me lots of her scraps, and she loves green.  I had plenty of pinks, 'cause I added in more than just pink - included oranges, peaches, etc, whatever - I really like all colors mixed.  In projects like this, I'm always short of the lights, though.  I'm almost done with the scrap blocks, may have to get a few lights from my friend at the LQS! Thursday is my day to visit her anyway, before my TOPS meeting.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Dec 8 2010 9:26 PM | Locked

Marge and Nana = I don't have one of the quilts left to take a photo - they went to charity donations.  You make them similar to the way you piece crazy quilts - start with a five sided piece in the center, and add round and round until you have the size you want your square to be.  I like to keep them no bigger than about 10 inches, cause I like smaller pieces, gets to be big clompy globs if pieces are too big!! On the Chronicle quilts, they used a single page of newspaper to start, and used bigger pieces, just to get some warm covers made quickly.  Can't you get the old HG TV Simply Quilts on line anymore?  I thought you could, maybe not.  It was program # 520. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596
Snowbird Quilter replied on Fri, Dec 10 2010 5:39 PM | Locked

Kris:

Cool photo Patty Mc.

Thanks Kris.  I kinda miss my sheep, except lambing in the freezing weather.  Don't miss that!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Fri, Dec 10 2010 8:38 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

I kinda miss my sheep, except lambing in the freezing weather.  Don't miss that!

Patty Mc~

Did you abandon your sheep when you headed south? They gonna be one hungry herd of sheeplets when you return!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:03 AM | Locked

My Darling Mac,

You know I love you to pieces, but Ms. Cricket hates the cold, hates it.  I hate to even go outside to tingle if its cold.  I am a princess-you remember my mom how she was a fairy princess when she was a little girl- well sugar- the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. LOL.  I sleep on my mom's bed at night.  Yes, I do. She has tried to put me in my little bed and I cry.  yes, I do that so well, she gives in and put me in bed with her.   Now snowmen sound real fun --to eat like ice cream.   You better not make Jaime mad I don't want you to get in trouble.

I want to send you a Christmas card.  Do you have a doggie address I can sent it to?  Ask your mom.

Now poor Ms. Callie looks like she is freezing in all that snow.  I tell you that girl is coming to Az and we are going to sunbathe by the pool.  I love to do that. 

Now be sweet and give Autumn a hug for me.  Don't forget you are my sweet Mac and I want to send you a Christmas card because you are my BF.

Love and Hugs

Ms Cricket

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:10 AM | Locked

Ms. Calley

You are so smart-writing poetry my BF.  I love your poem.  Now about that snow.  Calley honey -you need to get here before Santa does, so get to the airport before the crowds.  I don't want you to get caught in a storm.  Get all the fur babies and bring them with you --the kittys too.  I do not care what their mamas say--just call them by name like Santa calls the reindeer and they'll come.  Have them leave a note-hate the cold weather and snow =be back in the spring. love your fur baby.

Ok--call me when you land, i"ll bring all the cars, we'll need them.

Love

Ms Cricket

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 11 2010 12:27 AM | Locked

Ms Cricket,

The thought of warm sunshine does warm my soul, but I just saw my mom place an order for an elk antler chew for me for Christmas (don't tell her I saw!).  I'm very excited because when I was over at my friend's Woofie's house, her cousin Bella, a labradoodle puppy, was chewing on one of these, and it looked so good but she wouldn't share with me.  So now I'll have one of my own to try!  Well, actually, Mom ordered two, so Ms. Cricket, since you are now sharing boyfriends, I'd be happy to share a chew with you if you wanted to come to Minnesota.

So you can see that I can't take off for Arizona until Santa delivers these chews.  Mom says I have to be patient because she can't get away to go to Arizona until January a year from now.  She still has to go to work everyday, and I have to be waiting at the back door with my dad to greet her when she gets home.  She might cry if I wasn't there each day.

Thank you for the warm invitation. 

Calley the Vizsla

• | Post Points: 35
Page 13 of 172 (2570 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use