Page 3 of 172 (2570 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 2:47 PM | Locked

Patty

Sorry to hear about your trees--the deer used to eat my mother's shrubs and plants all the time in Texas.  She would complain but still loved to look at the deer.  You took some great pics and the deer are pretty, I just wished they would have let your trees alone!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:10 PM | Locked

Hi Mac,

Well sometimes, brothers and sisters have to be shared with others because they don't have puppies.  I mean what would happen if your human mom kept all your brothers and sisters to herself and didn't share with others?  She is sharing the JOY of having "you" with others.  So you have to be very proud of her because she has a BIG HEART to want to share her love of you  and the mama with others. Think of how many people she made happy and your brothers and sisters are happy.  HOW wonderful.  This is a happy ending and I love happy endings :)  I see a Hallmark movie here and you and your family can be the stars.  I see Steak in our future! HA  Could I just have a  small walk on part?  I want to make sure I get steak too!

You have Charile and Daisy to play with --how cool.  Now I must tell you I have not made friends with cats yet because they just like to walk on my fence and tease me.  Yes, and I bark at them but they won't play with me. Now, I am going to tell them I have a large friend Mac, and they better quit teasing me because he can JUMP HIGH!

I saw that big deer--Oh, they were beautiful, like in the movie Bambi.  I bet your mom was MAD when Tasha pull out those deer stakes things and they smelled bad???  I like tp get in my mom's cupboard and chew on her tuberware or plastic lids !  Yes it is so FUN!  She gets so mad when she sees me with one in my mouth with my teeth marks all over it.  CRICKET, you stop that right now.  I have ruined quite a few containers for her LOL  BUT hey I am sharpening my teeth.

You stay handsome and I wish I could play with you, Charlie and Daisy.  I know we would have a blast!

Take care, my handsome friend!

Ms. Cricket

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:12 PM | Locked

Lord don't let my DH find out you have an elk season.  In Kentucky there is a lottery just to get  a permit to buy the license to hunt an elk.  No one from this area has ever been drawn.  After the drawing the gentlemen's club sits in my kitchen and moan and groans.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:28 PM | Locked

Beautiful angels and so expressive.  My three dogs are all rescued.  So all of course are just mixed breeds.  Doesn't matter I love them all and believe me no one will ever hurt them again. I get mad when I think of what was done to the middle one and that has been almost 3 1/2 years ago.  But she was a helpless pup at the time. Anyway these are just the cutest.

Granny M

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:37 PM | Locked

Hi Charlie,

You are one handsome gentleman, you have such a pretty long coat.  Well, to be honest with you my picture was taken before I had put on a few pounds myself.  So whats a few pounds between friends!  I am trying to get my girlish figure but with this vet diet food.  I will let you know how its going.

Now back to you!  Yes, I believe you must be royalty with a name like Cavalier KIng Charles! WOW!, I mean you live in England with the Queen and you get waited on.  You really know how to live.

If my friend Mac gets this Hallmark movie going maybe they can film part of it in England, wouldn't that be cool? Maybet he will let all the furbabies on the board in it as extras like Pancho and the kitties too. Because Mac is one handsome and nice guy too.  I will have to ask him.  Then we can see you!  I tell you when I dream. I DREAM BIG!

I love the costumes your sisters will wear to your Christmas party-Charlie's angels, how darling.  Of course, you don't need a costume, you are so handsome, you are dressed up enough~  I know you will have a wonderul time and can't wait to see the pics.

Well, my new friend, until we talk again.  You  take care. Thanks ever so much for writing to me.

Hugs

XX)OOO

Ms Cricket

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:53 PM | Locked

Jay Marie,

Oh I am in LOve, they are beautiful puppies.  I just want to grab them off my computer screen and hold them forever.  Absolutely gougeous. You can't tell I am a huge dog lover.

I did have a Sheltie that passed away 19 years ago and he was a beauty.  But I must say, these babies are PURE GOLD. And I loved what you said about there disposition cuddlers--now Ms. Cricket is a cuddler.  These sound like a fantastic breed, one that I was not aware of 

If I find a picture of my Sheltie I will post it.

Thank you so much for sharing these great pics.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 3:54 PM | Locked

Jay Marie~

Oh, they are just too cute for words. Yup, my favorite dog. I love the snuggle bunny kind of fur babies. Furniture? They let us sit on their furntiture. After all, they went to the stores and bought it all. We're allowed to stay in their house so we can keep them fed and change litter boxes and play with them.

Are the cavaliers chewers when they are pups? We had no trouble at all with Jessie, the Sheltie. She had plenty of toys to chew on and never got into any trouble. I'm pretty good about not over feeding but DH??????? He's bad. I think the cats have him convinced that they need feeding every time he is anywhere in the vicinity of the kitchen. "Dad's here....dad's here. Hurry, vittles!"and they all come running.

If we do get another dog, we'll probably go through the shelters or rescues. Would love to get a puppy though. On your next jaunt to the USA you could sneak 2 or 3 in a suitcase for us. We'll give them a real good forever home.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 4:10 PM | Locked

Here's some of our Jessie. She blessed us with 12 years of her life and we still miss her awful. She was the love of our life and left a huge hole when she died in June. We still get teary eyed talking about her. Her spirit stays in the house b/c one of the talking parrots still does the Jessie routine. The bird barks just like Jessie, then says, "No one is here Jessie. Be quiet." He also whistles and says "Come on, Jessie time to go out. Good girl." "Jessie wanna go out?"

We had to find a home for Angel, our cockatoo because of my lung disease and we miss her still. She went to the best forever home ever though. She even has her own stroller that her new mama takes her out for walks! We still have two parrots and can't give them up yet. Not until we find the perfect forever home for them. So I get scolded by my doc all the time but to us it's like abandoning our children and I can't do it.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:20 PM | Locked

Diane

I am so very, very sorry for your loss.  Jesse is a gorgeous Sheltie and you have some beautiful pics of him.  I had a male Sheltie, Luke but lost him about 19 yrs ago when I was 6 mos pregnant.  I thought I would lose my mind. I never wanted another dog again because I couldn't go through the heartbreak again.  Then 6 years later-my mother decides my SON must have a dog and buys Cricket for him.  Needless to say Grandmas rule. I tried very hard not to fall in love with Cricket, but as DR Phil would say, How's that working for you?  It's not, and I fell in love with her so long ago.

So here's one of Jesse's playmates at Rainbow Bridge..  Luke

SEE BELOW

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 5:50 PM | Locked

Marlene

Luke is beautiful.  It is so hard when we lose a fur baby.  I have never owned a sheltie but I had a collie when I was a young child that was one of my favorite pets.   Hobo was gorgeous....she was totally white except for her head which had the normal collie colors and markings.  She would sleep in the bed with me.  Made a fantastic back warmer.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 6:10 PM | Locked

DIL next door has a sheltie named Summer.  Summer is the same coloring as Jesse and Luke.  For a while Celeste had 4 shelties (3 females and one male)  and tried breeding them.  One of the females and the male were mainly black and the other female was marled.  Shelties seem to be hard to breed.  We had much better luck breeding Goldens. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 8:13 PM | Locked

Marlene~

Luke was a handsome dog. Jessie was a lady dog....you could tell just by seeing her, she was a little lady. She was a wonderful dog and she's waiting for us.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:11 PM | Locked

Nana

How did you know-I originally got Luke Because I LOVED Lassie and collies, and I couldn't get a big Collie.  So I got a small one! :) Thank you for you kind words about my Luke.   Oh my, Collies are wonderful!. Your Hobo sounds absolutely gorgeous, All white, now is that rare???  I do hope you have a pic you can share.  I love fur baby pics.  You and I have a lot in common sleeping with our babies-yes, I do and did.

I bet you have darling pics of when you where a little girl and Hobo together.  Oh, what treasured pics those would be. I did have a professional pic taken of me and Luke.  It is a beautiful pic of Luke--now me---well........ROTFLOL--styles certainly have changed!

Take care!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:21 PM | Locked

Marlene

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of Hobo.   We lost all of the old pics in the flood of 1985.  But she was a beautiful dog.  She is the only white collie I have ever seen.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:22 PM | Locked

Marge,

Shelties near DOOR!  WOW!  You live in paradise. Plus you have Mac, and Daisy  and your pappillion? ...Golden Retrivers are very very sweet babies. Is there a fur baby I don't like??? Snakes! Yes I am scared of them!  OH, my pure heaven -and you probably have a long arm.  Cricket is already packing just to be closer to all her buddies-Pancho, Mac.  Geez, I 'll never see her again. Why when she can play all day with such cool friends.

Cricket says MOm who.  She can have NEW moms! :)

Page 3 of 172 (2570 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use