rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 3:46 PM | Locked

mars92:
I have some peanut butter treats I will share with you and Autumn and Chance.

My dad Chance doesn't live with us.  He lives in a small town near here with his two legged Mom and Dad.  Mom took me to visit once when I was about a year old.  He was more interested in my Mom Autumn than me.  I'm pretty sure he liked to play the field because his Mom took us in to see a bunch of his other kids.  Shoot, they were kinda boring --- they couldn't even run and play with me yet.   "Octo- mom" has nothing on my Mom Autumn!!!  She had 9 kids - twice! with no fertility drugs or nothin'.  I have ten sisters and seven brothers.  We get to see my siister Sunny sometimes when her Mom, Miss Dot brings here to visit.  I like Miss Dot.... she deep fries us a big turkey every Thanksgiving when she comes over.   Yum!  I'm glad Mom and Dad share with us.  My two legged brothers Big David and Todd like her brownies too but we don't get to have those.  Who ever decided that Chocolate was only for people??  I'd take up quilting if it would get me chocolate. 

Big David is pretty cool.  He comes and walks with Mom whenever he isn't out in his big white truck or if Mom and Dad are gone, he takes care of us.  Little David plays his guitar for us.  All in all we have pretty good people here.  They really like us fur babies --- there are a LOT of us between the two households and we all get along (even though som eof us are CATS).  Are you an only fur child?   

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Fri, Nov 5 2010 8:15 PM | Locked

Mac

Wow!  You certainly have a lot of brothers and sisters.  I am an only fur child and spoiled rotten--key word here spoiled!  I have a rather small family --only a mom, dad and brother well he is in college now. It must be fun to have all those fur brothers and sisters to play with---what a blast.  Your house sounds like the show Eight is Enough and so fun.  I think we could play forever.  I love to play.  I have lots of toys.  Do you like toys? 

Turkey --I love turkey, we have smoked turkey at Thanksgiving and friends bake one.  I love to smell the smoke in the backyard.  I tell my mom, let me have a taste test.

I have a friend that is a Great Pyreenees, I can't spell it.  He is Huge.  He is all white.  He looks like a small pony.  But he is nice, I don't get to see him much becuz he lives far from us.  His name is Pye.  The first time I met him I thought I was going to faint becuz he's so big I thought he would hurt me. But he's a big sweetie pie.  That's what I call him!

Guess what we are doing tomorrow?  Putting up our Christmas tree!  Yes, this family is Christmas crazy.  As soon as Halloween flys by, out comes the tree. They better get me lots of presents.  I want new toys.

Well I have to go help mom make sugar cookies cut outs for tomorrow and we get to frost them for tomorrow.  Trust me Ms. Cricket is going sneak a few cookies if she has to help decorate a tree instead of sleep.

Take care Mac-sending you lots of hugs.

XXXOOOO

Ms Cricket

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 10:26 AM | Locked

These two culprits snuck into my yard -- well the gate was wide open -- and killed three of my new Black Pines.   This was just hours before the snow. 

How did the hunters miss this one! 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 11:25 AM | Locked

Patty

Beautiful deer.  Sorry about the trees though.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:09 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana: 

Trees are so hard to grow here.  I just put in nine new ones a year ago in the spring.  So next spring I will go back to my old rule.  Replace the dead and damaged ones and add that many more.  I do get ahead with that plan!

The darned things are pretty aren't they?

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 12:53 PM | Locked

mars92:
It must be fun to have all those fur brothers and sisters to play with

Well, they SOLD my full brothers and sisters.  But that's OK because we know they ALL went to homes that love them.  They even send us Christmas cards.  I don't know if you can call the rest of the fur children around here my brothers and sisters but they are fun to play with anyhow.  Sir Charles of Good Times (Charlie for short) is my favorite.  He's a Pappillion.  And the newest Kid, Daisy the bassett is fun too.  Not so sure about all the cats.  They get all upset when I want to play with then.  Just because I weigh 86 pounds doesn't mean I'd sit on them. 

Did you see the pictures that Snowbird posted???  Wow - those were some nice deer.  We get to see deer around here too but don't get to chase them.  Mom has trouble like Snowbird does with them eating her trees.  She put these funny things in the ground that were supposed to keep the deer away for the baby trees but Tasha thought they were dog toys and pulled a bunch of them out.  Then Mom got this spray that is supposed to work.  PEE YEW!  It certainly keeps me away from them! 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 7:02 AM | Locked

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 7:19 AM | Locked

Hi Ms Cricket

I am the handsome but modest gentleman above. My name is Charlie and I am a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. My Mum says I think I am King Charles himself and take the royalty thing a bit to seriously but with 2 humans to wait on me hand and foot and my 2 sisters to look after me how can she be in any doubt. I enjoy eating a lot too and sleeping comes a pretty close second but like you I love my Mum a lot too although I love when my Dad comes home from work so I am not the only male around as even the cat is a girl and I am outnumbered 4to 1 till Dad gets home.

I think you are very beautiful and would love to hear about you from my Mom. I have been told I have to lose weight too as I have put on a bit of weigjt since the picture above a year ago. I am going to a Cavlier rescue Christmas party in December so I will get Mum to post pictures of all of us in fancy dress.  As I am Charlie my sisters are going as Charlies angels  and I don't think I need a costume as I am the one and only Charlie (we won't tell him it is a really common name for this breed) and therefore need no costume. I would take you as my guest Ms. Crcket but it is such a long way for you to come my Mum says you would not be happy to be away from home for so long. We can be online friends however I hope and it was lovely to see your picture as you are so beautiful.

Love from Charlie x

Hampshire, England

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,145
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:20 AM | Locked

Snowbird,  Love the pictures, deer season starts here on Nov 13 and my DH is chomping at the bit.  I showed him your pictures and he said he is heading your way.  Not to worry, I tackled at the door, and told my dogs to sit on him.   Beautiful country.

Granny M

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 10:24 AM | Locked

Granny M:
deer season starts here on Nov 13 and my DH is chomping at the bit. 

Deer season is over here, drat!!!  Your DH would be most welcome, with rifle in hand.  It's Elk season now.  Hope they don't find this place.  Thanks for the compliment.  This country has to grow on you, unless you were born here.  Then it's easy to find the beauty!

Charlie:  Would you and your sisters like to live with me?  You would be welcome to a hind leg of deer anytime!

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,515
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 10:29 AM | Locked

Charlie

You are a beauty.  You and your sisters could come to my house to play with Pancho anytime you like.   He loves meeting new friends.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 10:36 AM | Locked

~
Oh, Jay Marie~

This is such a tease! Since we lost our Sheltie this year we keep going back and forth about dog, no dog. The Cavalier's are my all time favorite and yours are beautiful. If God dropped a Cavalier at my back door I would just have to keep it! If we do decide on another dog it will be a Cav or a Sheltie. Thanks for showing us Charlie....now we need close ups of the angels.

North of Boston MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 12:41 PM | Locked

Nana I bet Charlie Lucy and Chelsea would love to come play with Pancho they love other animals even cats.

Diane I can't praise Cavaliers enough they are such a wonderful breed and great companions and are wonderful with children and other animals. They do need lots of cuddles though and hate not being allowed on the furniture beside you. They are very clever and if you look on you tube you can see some of the tricks they get up to. They are great at agility too and they will sit and puzzle out problems. Chelsea and Charlie love to watch TV. Tthey all have such diferent personality but their main thing is gentleness and love. They are very greedy little pooches and with those big brown eyes it is very difficult not to give them lots of treats but you sound very sensible that way unlike me and now Charlie has to diet as like you say it is very bad for them.

I wish you were here as I have close links with the rescue society and I know they have lots of them at the moment needing forever homes due to the financial climate but you could try for a rescue. I know that like me you have health problems and they are so lovely to snuggle up on the couch with a quilt and a good book. Shelties and lovely dogs too but I just love my Cavaliers.

Hampshire, England

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 1:48 PM | Locked

Snowbird you live in a beautiful area and how wonderful to have the deer so close. We are surrounded by trees where I live and I only see the tail ends of our deer as they run away.

Here are the angels Chelsea in the Blenheim (red and white) and the other is Lucy the Tri color is Lucy my baby and the most innocent creature I have ever come across  in my life. She is so trusting and  I am so glad we were lucky enough  to have her and love her.

Hampshire, England

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720
jay-marie replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 2:17 PM | Locked

I forgot to say the puss is Cleo who is 15 now and blind and we have had her since birth. Lucy is her favorite and the only one who can share her food as she would have the head off of any other animal who tried. I think it is because she is the only one who will stand up to her as she can be very grumpy.

Diane I thought you should see what cute puppies they are.

Hampshire, England

Page 2 of 172 (2570 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use