rated by 0 users
This post has 2,569 Replies | 42 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter Posted: Mon, Nov 1 2010 4:52 PM | Locked

These are for Diane

My cousin working on the scratch pen for the chickens.  That's his 80+ year old Mom standing beside him.

Here are the chickens.

And these are the weaner calves who provide the material to scratch.

Twenty-five more chickens are on the way! 

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 125
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:08 PM | Locked

Patty~

Thanks so much. Oh, how I wish I lived out there with all the animals. They would all be pets though with me though. I can't believe his mom is 80+. Country living sure makes you hardy. I love the weaner cows. This is so cool.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541
Snowbird Quilter replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:11 PM | Locked

Diane Morgan:
I can't believe his mom is 80+.

And she worked side by side with us for three long days.  She's one tough cookie.  Besides she made us cookies!  LOL

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Mon, Nov 1 2010 5:15 PM | Locked

Snowbird Quilter:

Here are the chickens.

Nothing like fresh eggs.  We are fortunate to have a family at church who have free range chickens.   When we had our own hens, they kept disappearing thanks to the hawks and foxes.   And Diane --- they all had names.  :o)  My favorite was a little black coochin (spelling?) rooster that we named Doodles.  He "wore" feather pantaloons. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:38 AM | Locked

I do miss my chickens.  Maybe I'll start a scratch pen and once again have access to fresh eggs.  Plan on putting in a garden so may make a run to it for chickens to scratch in once the plants are up and growing.  They really are the great weeders and also eat unwanted bugs.  Garden will of course be organic.

So glad I saw this thread....more pictures please.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 9:57 PM | Locked

Hello everyone and the cows of course!  Its Ms. Cricket.  I thought you might like to see a close up of me, (see below) since my mom finally figured out how to get it on a post.  She is kinda techo challenged you know.  And just so you know THIS IS MY board TOO.  I sit on the bed and supervise her while she is on the laptop so I know ALL Of you!  And you're little puppies and Kittens too.  All of you have great friends and they can come and visit me anytime.

Now I must tell you something IMPORTANT.  My mother Has LOST IT.  She has taken the vet's advice seriously about me losing weight.  He said, to start, Ms. Cricket has to lose 4 lbs!  Oh, my !  That 's a lot for a toy poodle.  I must be-- what to you call it OBese?  Hey, that makes me cry.  He told my mom  I want Cricket on this dog food Royal Canine High Protein Calorie Control, you get it here in my office.  What?  What, I said this can't be good? I tell you I have been eating this stuff and its just ok. Its like Atkins--you need some ice cream with it, you know??

Ok and another thing, she hasn't started my POODLE quilt yet!  She has the fabric.  What's she waiting for? When's my number going to come up on her list?  You all need to tell her to get a move on, it can't be that hard to knock out a little quilt for a poodle. 

Another thing, she didn't let me go trick or treating, she said they would think I was a witch? Do I look Like a witch?  I missed out on all that candy.  I think I am abused.  A diet and now no candy for Halloween and no poodle quilt.

Sending you all lots of hugs and hugs to all my puppy and kitten friends!

Ms Cricket  XXXOOO

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:07 PM | Locked

Ms. Cricket

You are beautiful.  I think the vet must be insane.  You don't look like you need to be on a diet.  Tell your mother to give you some ice cream so that food at least taste decent.  No trick or treating is just wrong....maybe you should nip her toes for being mean to you.  You can come live at my house....we don't do diets and Pancho got to go to Trunk or Treat and help his mom hand out candy to all the little goblins.   Tell your mom if she doesn't hurry with that quilt that you are going to be adopted by someone else on QCA that will make sure you have your very own beautiful quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:09 PM | Locked

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!  I feel for you, Ms Cricket (but I can't quite reach you!)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Wed, Nov 3 2010 10:35 PM | Locked

Nana,

That is an older photo of me to be truthful, but many thanks for the compliment about the "W" word.  I am just a little rounder now :).  I think nipping her toes would kinda be fun but she really is sweet to me (truly), she sneaks yummy Costco lean hamburger meat into that Royal Canine to jazz it up! 

My pal Pancho is my kinda guy.  He's cute, smart and did I say handsome? And I bet he would share his Halloween goodies.

Thanks for your help with my poodle quilt, I will tell her all her friends at QCA expect Ms Cricket to have her poodle quilt for Christmas and we're not talking 2011 but 2010!  HAHA

Take care and I will check in again with everyone from time to time.  But remember tell your puppies and kittens to come visit me anytime.  We can raid the refrig!

Hugs!

Ms. Cricket

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 4:25 PM | Locked

Hi Cricket.  Don't tell Mom that I snuck in  here and am playing on the computer.  How do you feel about red heads.  My doggie Mom, Autumn is more of a strawberry blond but I take after my Daddy, Chance and have a beautiful copper coat.  Of course, Right now I have this blad spot where the vet shaved my back but he's an OK guy.  he was just trying to see if I needed surgery on my back.  I saw your picture and I think you are one HOT little number.  Any time you want to come on down here and visit me and my Mom Autumn in Georgia, you are welcomed.  We have a REALLY big dog house so we could fit your cute little body in here with us.  You can even swim in our pool.  That's me in Mom's avatar cooling off after a walk.  Our two legged Mom gives us peanut butter doggie cookies.  Do you like peanut butter? 

Mac

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 550
bryanne replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 4:36 PM | Locked

Hi guys the PC finally after some 10 plus years lay down wiggled legs up in the air and said nooooo more! After shopping silly etc the husband and I purchased last night now we can run faster and jump higher. What a luxury. Anyway welcome to all new members and on the topic of animals...We have 7 yes 7 hounds here on the premises. 2 Dobermans that remain from 20 odd years of raising said and 5 Miniature Schnauzers who remain after 5 years of raising said. Needless to say I've oodles of help in all I do. Sometimes too much help. Glad to be back to my "observing". Take care bryanne

"Let me live in the house by the side of the road and be a friend to man."

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 550
bryanne replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 4:40 PM | Locked

Oh I forgot, just wanted to make mention about extra pounds on hounds. MS are especially prone to obeseity (sp?) so I pay strict attention. The extra pounds on a hound aren't so worrisome during the prime of life, the pay off comes most especially when an animal enters and is in their elder years. The less wear and tear they have had i.e. extra baggage the better their bodies manage in their golden years. Just an FYI bryanne

"Let me live in the house by the side of the road and be a friend to man."

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429
Diane Morgan replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 5:22 PM | Locked

Hi Ms.Cricket~

This is Callie, the Morgan Princess tortoiseshell cat. I do all the writing b/c the other 3 cats are pretty stupid and don't know how to type. I know how to quilt, read books, paint mailboxes, and use the computer. I even help my human mom to feed the fish. I am a very smart cat and I am entitled to the high esteem that I hold myself.

Now, you didn't miss much for Halloween and you shouldn't be eating chocolate anyway, It is very bad for you. About your obesity. Don't you want to look your best for any handsome studly poodles that might see you? Now that you have come out of the closet and posting online, you'll find plenty of friends and a love connection might develop. So eat your diet food and get on the treadmill and build up those abs. Get those sexy curves back. We'll be hearing your grandkids before we know it!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 10:31 PM | Locked

Hi Mac,

Oh, but you sure know how to sweet talk a girl!  You are one handsome fellow and don't worry about  your hair it will grow back.  Copper coats are to dye for, I think they are beautiful.  Strawberry blonds are nice also.  You have a pool, very cool.  We have a pool too -- with a diving board-- but I am scared of it cuz that's the deep end.  I wouldn't be scared with you :) 

Your mom sounds very nice, peanut butter YUM, I love it.  I have some peanut butter treats I will share with you and Autumn and Chance.

Yes, I would love to visit you sometime.  You can visit me here in Arizona when it gets cold in Georgia.

Sending you some Cricket hugs and kisses.

XXXXOOOOOO

I will make you my friend and we can talk private so your mom and mine won't know.  I am getting to know all about this board.  I lay on the bed and watch my mom on her laptop.  You know more though because you have been on longer.

OK take care and hope you will be my friend.

Hugs

Ms Cricket

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,771
Points 50,500
mars92 replied on Thu, Nov 4 2010 11:01 PM | Locked

Hi Ms. Callie,

A Princess cat, WOW!  I am in the company of royalty.  I shall call you Princess Callie.  I supervise quilting because basically I like to sleep in my bed while my mom quilts.  If she makes a mistake, she gets mad at herself, and either says, can you live with it, if not, take it out, or if so, let it live.  HAHAHA  I love it when she says that it's so funny let it live...like the quilt is alive. 

You are the smartest cat ever...feeding fish, reading, using the computer. etc.  Maybe you can teach the other cats sometime.

Yes, alas, I know about the evils of chocolate but you can still dream.  I am trying to get back to my puppy weight so I don't have to go on the Dr. Phil show and hear him ask me, "How's that working for you."  Really, what do you mean how's its working for me, IT's NOT, you silly , I 'm STILL 4 lbs overweight!

I will friend you so we can chat ourselves wo moms knowing :)

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 172 (2570 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use