rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

mars92:

Roxanne

Welcome!  I am a newbie also, but I have found these ladies totally addicting, they are really nice but then they are so funny--you will be ROTHLOL.  So be prepared to quilt and  get addicted to this site!  I was shy! NO MORE! :)

Marlene~

You'll be revealing things to us before you know it that your family doesn't even know about. Lol Shy? Here? That won't last long.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 24,165

Judy Iliff:

Whatever happened to our Quiltoholics meetings? Thea?

Here's the link to the Fabric Hoarder's discussion for any of you who think you need therapy! Fabric Hoarders Beware ! Maybe this needs to be resurrected!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 325

I reduced my stash a few years ago by 2/3rds. Donated most of my stash, sold some, and in the end I felt very good about it.  I am trying to finish all my previously started projects (PSP's?) before I jump to something else.  I have too many completed tops right now.  So I might help to keep that 106 yard average down.  Just buying fatbacks these days.  UGH, do those count then as triple yards?  We may be in trouble. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 340
Molly replied on Fri, Dec 3 2010 9:36 AM

The only answer I can come up with at the moment is that they keeping making beautiful fabric.  Just when I tell myself I'm not buying anymore fabric "on speculation," I see something I just have to own and then, of course, something to go with it.  So much fabric, so little time.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225

I've done it, and more than once, and not just with fabric.  I've done the same thing with patterns, gadgets, quilt books and magazines -  I've bought duplicates of all these things!

Somewhere out there is a starving therapist, who used to be a quilter, who could be making millions of $ - if only our husbands could find her!   If any of you know her/him, DON'T TELL MY HUSBAND!  I love my crazy obsessions.  LOL!

The Quiet Quilter

www.belvidere.net/quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:10 AM

Laura

Welcome to the site.  I absolutely love your little "sign".  It is so perfect and so true.  Quilting has definitely helped me maintain what little bit of sanity I have left....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 4 2010 7:12 AM

Hello Laura,

I love your sign and I've skimmed through your blog. You're a very busy woman.

I'm really jealous of you nice NEW, BIG sewing room. May I live there? I think I can find a place to sleep.  The old one wasn't too shabby.

Your quilts are fantastic. Ladies she's working on a Grandmother's Flower Garden.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563

Welcome Laura,

I checked out your blog as well. Neat to see the transformation to the sewing room. It's so cheerful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 4 2010 9:51 AM

Laura

Your quilting studio is amazing....I want one...LOL>   I love your quilts.  They are all beautiful.  The Grandmothers Flower Garden is amazing.  That is one design that I have always loved but am not into doing alot of hand work. 

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 225

Grandmother's Flower Garden has always been a favorite of mine, but I want to do it in a more modern setting, not the straight rows, more like scattered flowers as you would see in a garden.  I tell my friends (two of which are drooling and leaving not-so subtle hints that they want it) that it's on the 5 year plan cause it will take me that long to finish it!  I'm hand piecing the whole thing, but I'll probably machine quilt it, or it will end up on the 20 yr plan!  I love batiks in it though!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 2:00 PM

Laura,

I started a GFG this year and for the life of me I cant find the pieces. I wasn't too far along so that's OK I guess. I'm hand piecing with Inklingo as I don't care for English paper piecing.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:16 PM

hi laura, i have a couple hundred flowers made or more, i can't remember.   i need to get going on that quilt again.      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 8:19 PM

have you seen the book, quilts from grandmother's flower garden,   the GFG motif is used in interesting ways    gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 50

But Sweetie, you know as well as I do that when you've gone home you'll find just the perfect project for that line of fabric you loved but passed up and when you get back to the quilt shop, there won't be any of that fabric left and then what will you do? You don't want to be on E-bay buying that fabric! So, buy what you like and I pray that God will let all my fellow quilters live till they've used up their stash.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 28 2010 5:20 PM

Hi Quiltbunny, welcome to the club. You are so right, If I see it and like it I buy it, bad for my pocket book lol.

[Ava, Missouri

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use