Top 10 Posters

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

Page 9 of 21 (307 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 306 Replies | 30 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Jeanette:

Hi  from SE Alaska- I am brand new to this site and thought I'd join this thread.... I have a Bernina 150QE and a very old Kenmore (back when they were made of metal).  I also have a Baby Husqvarna, a Singer Featherweight, an old Singer treadle and an even older Singer with the bullet-shaped bobbin case.  I recently mortgaged my retirement and bought a Tin Lizzie18 longarm machine.  I thought I had gone way over the edge, but in reading this thread I realize I am in great company! 

How exciting, how are you liking your new toy?  I just bought a Nolting Fun Quilter and cannot wait to give it a spin. I hear you on the going over the edge, I'm wondering if I should have spent all that money, but what is done is done so I guess I will do my best to enjoy!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 295

Hello,

I am also new to the site. I have a Viking Designer Se Limited Edition ( a anniversary gift from my hubby) It was a floor model.  Most of the issues are with the user =) I had a White quilt star. which was my very first machine. ( i have only been sewing about a year, quilting a few months). I am happy with the machine so far. However it does need to go back to the dealer for the 8 way stitches and buttonhole thingy a bobber not working right? ( which i honestly have no clue on when i would actually use these stitches but lol guess for the money it better work right)

Maggie

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 11:21 AM

Maggie

It absolutely better work right.   You never know when you may decide to use some of those stitches.  Come check out the crazy quilt group.  Several of us are doing crazy quilts and I am using my decorative stitches instead of the hand embroidery.   I haven't worked on it much lately because of other projects but it is alot of fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 2:45 PM

welcome maggie.   most of the time, when i can't get stitches to work right, it is operator error.  i can't tell you how many times i drug my machine in, telling the dealer the dang thing didn't work, only to find out it was me.      it took a while, but it hardly ever stumps me anymore.   i think my machine was just messing with me to see if i was paying attention.        gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Welcome Maggie~

What a nice anniversary present. Have you had lessons at the dealers to help you get to know your machine? That always seems to help and then things aren't so intimidating. I'm still learning things on my machine or see something and I didn't know it could do that! And I've about memorized the manual. The sewing machines today are amazing in what they can do.

You'll learn a lot here, too with all the nice, friendly, helpful people.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana:

Come check out the crazy quilt group.  Several of us are doing crazy quilts and I am using my decorative stitches instead of the hand embroidery.   I haven't worked on it much lately because of other projects but it is alot of fun.

Oh, no! There is a crazy quilt group? I've never looked into that. I've only done one crazy quilt.....it's in the UFO pile and I did the whole thing with decorative stitches. It's a real nice quilt. I'm going to have to go check this out. I fear more projects coming down the road. Oh, no! How did I miss this one?

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

I can't find the Crazy Quilt Group.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 6:45 PM

Diane

Try here....

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 6:46 PM

It worked....I can hardly believe I did it.....I worked....YEAH>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

See? That wasn't that hard. How come the Crazy Quilt group isn't on the home page? I searched for it, too and I couldn't find it. Thanks and I just joined. I'll look at it tomorrow. Right now is CMA time!!!! Country Music Awards. This is my favorite show of the whole year. I'm like a little kid sitting in front of the tv watching this. Toodles for tonight!

North of Boston MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:26 AM

Hi Lynda and welcome.   I am in Kentucky, but I have a granddaughter living in Porterville, CA.   Several of us here are self taught (with help from Fons & Porter and Eleanor Burns)  Just pick a pattern and jump right in.  quilts are pretty forgiving and kids will love them because you made them just for them.  Don't forget to post your pictures.  Ask any question and someone in here will have an answer.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:30 AM

Spudgrandma,  Have you forgotten, guilt trips are not allowed here. You deserve that machine and I for one can not wait to see what you do with it.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Thu, Nov 11 2010 9:33 AM

Welcome Maggie,  And you bet your machine should be working right.  And you will be surprised that as you use it you'll find a time you want those stitches.

Granny M

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 9:15 AM

Well I got to pick up my birthday/anniversary present yesterday.  Here is her picture, I think I will name her Honey as she is sweet.   I have a Janome already so there was not much of a learning curve as most of the features are the same.  Honey has a thread cutter and a knee bar to lift the presser foot which is nice, and fabulous feet. The pic here is a crib quilt and as you can see there is lots of room.  I spent some time this morning setting her up and doing some fmq practice and it is lovely.  I will be spending the rest of the weekend playing LOL, maybe even getting this crib quilt ufo finished..

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 13 2010 9:36 AM

Marilyn

Your Honey is awesome.  Have fun playing.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 9 of 21 (307 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use