Top 10 Posters

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

Page 8 of 21 (307 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 306 Replies | 30 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 365
Wismom replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:16 PM

Thank you. Actually they now call it the Sophia 2. Better than the one I have from 3 years ago as the new one now has a USB port. My version has only the writable card, which is ok. It is definitely lighter than my other 2. You need to eat your wheaties in order to haul those around! My version also has a thread cartridge that you load the thread with. I see the new version does not have the cartridge but a normal thread holder which is nice. The cartridge thing can be a pain at times.

I think babylock has a holiday special on it right now if that helps you?

The Quilters Choice Pro I bought was with the idea it would be used on a quilting frame I bought previously from Handi Quilter. It's been a year since I bought the machine and 2 since I bought the frame. Now I only need to get it out from under our bed, out of the box and put the two together! lol

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 959
Points 19,496

Wismom:
Actually they now call it the Sophia 2.

Thanks Wismom.  I'll look into it.   And yes they do have a  holiday special!

Good Luck getting the Quilter Choice Pro and the HQ frame married.

Pictures too if you can!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 170

Hi  from SE Alaska- I am brand new to this site and thought I'd join this thread.... I have a Bernina 150QE and a very old Kenmore (back when they were made of metal).  I also have a Baby Husqvarna, a Singer Featherweight, an old Singer treadle and an even older Singer with the bullet-shaped bobbin case.  I recently mortgaged my retirement and bought a Tin Lizzie18 longarm machine.  I thought I had gone way over the edge, but in reading this thread I realize I am in great company! 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:19 PM

Jeanette

Welcome to the forums.  Hope you will chat with us frequently.  You definitely haven't went over the edge because neither have I and I have 2 old Singers, a Singer Treadle, a Kenmore, a Vogue that belonged to my MIL, and a Bernina 435 and a Kenquilt midarm.  I would love to get a Tin Lizzie.  I have looked at the Ansley a couple of times and absolutely love it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,106
Points 410,839
gini replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 6:54 PM

welcome jeanette,    yes, you are in good company here       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Wismom~

You ahve a long arm under your bed? You'd better be careful or we might have to come to your house for a midnight raid. Helly has a Quilters Pro Choice on her LA, I think. I can't remember which LA she has. Let us know how it works out. We're all trying to figure out how we can get a LA and you have it under the bed. Now where did you say you were from??????????

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Jeanette~
Welcome to QCA. And no, you haven't gone over the edge. We all know about "the stash" but there is also an illness called "the machines". It seems like 99.99999999% of us collect machines like we do fabric, thread, notions, patterns, UFO's..... lots of multiple machiners here.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 4:40 AM

Welcme Jeanette and Wismom, I'm sure you will love it here.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,137
Points 40,875
Marilyn B replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 5:27 AM

Diane, I have no idea whether the Babylock and Janome are the same but I just ordered the Janome 7700 and with the table it came to $3000+taxes and he threw in about $150 in threads.  I too am a repeat customer and he did give me the price over the phone.  That also includes all the lessons I need on it one on one.  No it does not do embroidery but that is why I am keeping my Janome 9700.  Hope that helps you some.  Oh ya this price is in Canada so it may be cheaper in the States.

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 7:19 AM

Welcome Jeanette, A tin lizzie oh my.  You guys have left me in the dust.  All these years I thought you were only suppose have one machine at a time. I wonder where I got that idea, maybe my husband? He likes to buy guns but not sewing machines. 

You will have a lot of fun on this site.    Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 7:23 AM

Diane

I recently looked at the Janome 7700 at a LQS and they had it priced around $2500.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,265
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Wed, Nov 10 2010 7:27 AM

Diane, I hope she is close to me so I can beat you to it.  Already boxed and ready to go I could be in and out in the twinkling of an eye.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Ms MoomMist:

Hey, me too. It took me 50 years to realize that guys buy all kinds of toys that do not produce much :O and my machine made every thing from baby clothes to home decor... We are lucky, aren't we?

xoxoxo

Amen to that, I always just had one machine at at time until I bought my first serger. Since then we don't tell how many there are LOL???

Hi and welcome to QCA (pretty sure I have not welcomed you prior to this LOL)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

joylyn95125@yahoo.com:

I'm new to all of you,   Hi I'm Lynda  California.  Haven't done a whole quilt yet but I will or I will be laughed out of town.  I have so much fab. according to my friends, but I ended up with RA before I finished my first one.  Well almost ready now just have to get the partner in my room and away I go hopefuly with all of you seasoned ones, because I may need a lot of tips.  My Grand-daughter really want one so I will.  I do have the Viking designer got 2ed hand. thought I would like to embordery to but I only have the 3D software and now I know that the (Vista) could be my problem, thanks I will look into that as it never worked for me.  Oh well I wanted to quilt anyways, but if anyone knows for sure let me know.

Hi Lynda from CA and welcome to QCA from Spudgrandma from Idaho....I went from sewing for the kids to quilting and my first quilts were not the best but they really turned out okay.  I have improved with time and practice but my grandbabies loved their quilts from grandma even when they were not quilt show quality.  There are not quilt police here so jump right in and go for it and then be sure to post pictures so we can all oooh and ahhhh.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Wismom:
The Quilters Choice Pro I bought was with the idea it would be used on a quilting frame I bought previously from Handi Quilter. It's been a year since I bought the machine and 2 since I bought the frame. Now I only need to get it out from under our bed, out of the box and put the two together! lol
Yep definitely time to get it out, they don't do quilts from under the bed LOL  I was so afraid of my frame and machine when I first got it but the ladies here are so encouraging and they got me through my fears, you can do it and we are all here to help nudge you along :)

Page 8 of 21 (307 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use