Top 10 Posters

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

Page 7 of 21 (307 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 306 Replies | 30 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

elgato15:

One question-can my Janome 6600 be adapted to be put on a quilting frame?  I know I'm running ahead of myself since I about to start my first quilt!!!

You can never be too prepared LOL.  I just ordered the Horizon 7700 by Janome.  I have and am keeping my 9700 for embroidery and regular sewing but the Horizon has an 11 inch throat and I played with it yesterday at the store.  I have saved enough for half and DH said he would pay the other half as my birthday/anniversary present which is coming up shortly so I called them up and ordered it.  They say it will be in by the end of the week so now I have to rearrange my sewing room to fit it in.

Paris, Ontario

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Nov 7 2010 6:49 AM

Marilyn

That is an awesome gift.  Good for you.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Marilyn, you will love the 7700. Make sure you check out the group we have set up for it.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

thanks Leslie, I didn't know there was a group.  great.

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Marilyn~

Congrats on your new baby! It sounds like it is a real good machine. I used to have the 9700, too. Happy birthday and anniversary coming up.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Ambercat:

I have a Janome MC11000! I love it!

I looked at that one when I bought my 6600.  It was more than I was prepared to spend.  How deep is the throat on that one?  If I remember correctly, that one has emboidery capabilities - right?   I went back this summer and added a Janome 350E to my machine family so I could learn how to do embroidery. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Snowbird Quilter:
a Brother that is so much like the Espire that it could be the same machine.

That is probably becasue Brother makes Babylock just like Janome makes Elna. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Wismom:
a small Babylock that does 4 inch embroidery as well as regular sewing.

Wismom:  Which small Babylock did you purchase?  I was thinking about getting one that just did embroidery, but talked myself out of it because I didn't think I would use it enough.  As I get older, it seems my Espire had gained weight and I find it a heavy dude to pack to our weekly quilting sessions.  LOL  Maybe your small embroidery machine would be a better choice!

Oh and welcome to QCA!  I don't think I've seen your shining face before!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 962
Points 19,541

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Snowbird Quilter:
a Brother that is so much like the Espire that it could be the same machine.

That is probably becasue Brother makes Babylock just like Janome makes Elna. 

You are absolutely on the mark, Marge!  The Brother had more stitches so it might be the new Symphony!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

elgato15:

One question-can my Janome 6600 be adapted to be put on a quilting frame?  I know I'm running ahead of myself since I about to start my first quilt!!!

Your 6600 would fit on some of the frames and that is what I originally thought of doing but decided that I did not want to be taking it off and on and also it is electronic and there is more potential for problems. Having said that, there are those who are using the 6600 on a frame. I decided to bite the bullet and I bought a BrotherPQ 1500 (I paid around $700 new) to put on the frame and have not regretted my decision. Good luck with your new venture, there is so much to learn but it is fun.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Marilyn B:

I just ordered the Horizon 7700 by Janome.

Congrats on your new toy, all that room will be wonderful and from what I hear it is a great machine.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,266
Points 35,160
Granny M replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:34 AM

You guys are so lucky, and to think all these years I thought one was just allowed one sewing machine,.  You all are so eye opening.

Granny M

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Tue, Nov 9 2010 10:53 AM

marilyn, i'll expect to see pictures of your new baby.   congrats

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Hey, me too. It took me 50 years to realize that guys buy all kinds of toys that do not produce much :O and my machine made every thing from baby clothes to home decor... We are lucky, aren't we?

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Are the Babylock Symphony and the Janome 7700 basically the same machines? They are quilting machines and not embroidery, right? What are the price ranges on them? My dealer won;t give prices over the phone....and I'm one of  her repeat customers. Stupid.  I guess she figures she does better if she gets your live body in the store and she'll get the sale. Hah! So I haven't gone in there lately....I'm not so stupid. Better for my wallet, too.

Patty~ I bought the Brother CS6000i for a light weight machine to take ti classes. It's a nice not a lot of frills sewing machine. It's a quilter and has the extension table. I like it and it sews good. I've never had any problems with the Brother machines. I bought it from All Brands online.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 7 of 21 (307 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use