Top 10 Posters

New to quilting

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 95

Welcome . Look around for your local Quilt guilds too. Many times they can be a good resource. There is also a site called Missouri Quilts that has you tube how too videos that has been very helpful

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 580
barbe replied on Thu, Oct 28 2010 2:00 PM

I am in Nebraska.  We also had lots of wind the last  couple of days. 60 mph yesterday.  No damage thank goodness.

It's funny what you can do when you put your mind to it! I always enjoyed sewing when my kids were home.  I made all the bridesmaids and flower girls dresses for my youngest daughters wedding.  I kind of got burned out, tho, as I was doing upholstery at the same time.  Guess I needed a break.  Hope I can sort of master or at least give it a good go!

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 95

I was in Omaha not to long ago and there is a wonderful Quilt Shop called Log Cabin Quiters

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Barbe~

Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are addicted already and ready to take the leap. You'll start out with table runners and then the larger quilts grab you. There is such a sense of accomplishment and I still amaze myself that by cutting up all this fabric and sewing it all back together, you make a beautiful creation. Good luck with your journey.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Sorry I forgot! My favorite place to buy online is Connecting Threads. I am extremely pleased with their fabric and I also use the Essentials thread which is real nice.

North of Boston MA

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use