Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 850
lynnb Posted: Sun, Jun 7 2009 7:31 AM

How does one maintain one's inspiration?  I've been working on this quilt for months and now that I am almost finished-just a little more stitch design-I can't bring myself to go back to it.  I'm already contemplating another quilt pattern but feel guilty since I have not completed this one.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 264
Points 5,053

I'm sorry, I can't tell you how to stay inspired by one quilt.  I have several unfinished quilts.  I start one and another starts running around in my head.  I don't have any rest until I start a new one.  But, since quilting is my pleasure, I don't feel like I have to finish one if I don't want to.  Actually, I only have three unfinished at the present time.  One I plan to complete this week.  The other two may stay on the back burners for quite some time.

Kathy Patterson, Fort Worth, Texas

Kathy Patterson - Fort Worth, Texas

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 33,845

All of my quilts are for books or magazines, so I thank deadlines for getting me to finish things.

How about if you tell yourself if you work 1 hour on the quilt you then get to do x (make a block on that new quilt you're excited about maybe)? If you do that every day for y days it'll be done and you'll feel so much better!

~Jodie

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 65

I made it my goal this winter to finish projects I had started, complete kits I had purchased, and get those beauties I had pieced, but not quilted off to a quilter. In order to finish those things that had not met my expectations I would tell myself I can not work on something 'new' until the 'old' is finished. I would finish a project then work on something I was excited about. Worked quite well, I'm down to three pieced tops waiting to be quilted. I should really count up what I accomplished this winter and record it in my journal. I'm guessing it's around 20 UFP's complete with several new things thrown in.

Good Luck with the beast, I am sure when it is finished you will love it even more because of the effort it took to complete. Kathy

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use