Liz Porter toddled off to Texas~

Page 4 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 77 Replies | 24 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

Thank you for your remarks.  I so agree with you.  The PBS show just isn't the same without Liz Porter.  I have quilted for many years and I don't need to watch Mary and her bright smile telling me how to cut, pin and stitch.

To bad the ladies couldn't workout their disagreements but every other week of one or the other would be so much better than the "Fons Ladies".

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 25

Jake,

Thank you for the clarification of your mother's departure from the show.  She will be missed.  The show just isn't the same without her.  But understanding the reason for it makes it easier to accept.

I wish her and all the family best wishes and many happy ball games together.

Sincerely,

Maggie (a quilter from Arizona)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Nov 27 2011 10:41 PM

Hi Margaret(Maggie),  Where do you live in Arizona?   I am in North Phoenix.  Guess there are a lot of us here (QUILTERS not Maggies)  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,365
Points 37,225
Linda replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 5:11 AM

I'm interested in anyone from Phoenix area...especially since I'm heading there in a couple days. I'm also going to do a get together of any interested QCA members in the Phoenix area in February. Let me know if you are interested.

Linda

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 371
Points 6,725

I will  join the ranks of Liz missers, she is my inspiration for starting quilting.  Liz has a wonderful TV presence, projects confidence and knowledge in a kind, gentle and lighthearted way.  I wish she had given the viewers a more personal good bye but I do understand as I too could feel the growing tension on the show. 

As for Mary,  it has taken a little getting used to.  At first I found her just flat out annoying, then she became like an energetic puppy, cute but too much at times.  Now I simply watch the show because it remains the best quilting show available.  However, I do think that the quality of the teaching has suffered.

Liz , I wish all good things come to you as you have given so much to all of us, you are a joy. 

Jake, Thank you for sharing your voice.

Marianne, perhaps a more experienced cohost with guest appearances by Mary would be an idea to ponder.

Andrea

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
mowarsh replied on Sat, Dec 3 2011 3:21 PM

I got my son interested in quilting with the game "Quilting Time". We played the game and then I showed him I could do it with "real fabric".

He's 5 so he hasn't sewn anything yet but he loves to "organize" my quilts.

thanks

Marsha

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

I totally agree !!!get liz back!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 28 2011 7:23 PM

I just wish I could find the show on PBS. I looked all over and just can't find it. Can you help me?  I have satellite Tv, and get 3 different PBS. 

I have looked at a few of the shows with Mary and I have to agree. She is a good quilter but she lacks the experience to problem solve like Liz.  Liz also seemeb more friendly.  I do wish Liz all the best in her retirement. Lots of family time and lots of quilts for the pure pleasure of creating.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Thu, Dec 29 2011 8:49 AM

Yes I also noticed that Mary Fons is co-hosing the show now.  I do miss Liz on the show.  She was great.  Marrianne said that she wanted to spend time with her grand kids, that's why she wasn't there.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 320

You know, I loved the original Fons and Porter.  I miss Liz's calm voice and reassuring words that even a novice could make a beautiful quilt.  I am glad that Marianne is hanging in there and my advice to Mary is to "tone your volume down a bit" and cherish the lessons given by your mother.

Stella

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 4:56 PM

Angele:
I just wish I could find the show on PBS. I looked all over and just can't find it. Can you help me?  I have satellite Tv, and get 3 different PBS. 

Angele,

If you find out please let me know.  I haven't been able to get F&P on PBS for about a year.  I live in San Diego.  Maybe I should email my local PBS station and make a request...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 4:59 PM

I get Fons and Porter at 4 pm EST on Saturdays on my PBS.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Annie:

Angele:

Angele,

If you find out please let me know.  I haven't been able to get F&P on PBS for about a year.  I live in San Diego.  Maybe I should email my local PBS station and make a request...

the love of quilting is not on at this time on any PBS channels. I hope that in the spring line up the shows will return. Ready for series 1900. I too agree that Mary Fons as a co-host is not the best choice but we are just viewers and Liz needed time to be with family. Everyone has to retire sometimes.

Carylanne
deep in the heart of Texas

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 5:12 PM

I can't wait to start see in the new episodes, Thanks Carylanne for the update.  

I have to admit that I was shocked when I first saw someone else in Liz's spot, but I have to say that I have warmed up to Mary, a lot.  I look forward to her Quilty sessions every week even though they are a bit basic.  I guess I like the fact that perhaps with a younger co-host, newer and younger viewers will watch and become forever quilters too. 

And I find I learn a few new things, too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 6:40 PM

Nana:

I get Fons and Porter at 4 pm EST on Saturdays on my PBS.

Thanks Nana, I am in the central time zone, but this will give me a starting point.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 4 of 6 (78 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use