Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 385
mcprice@moscow.com Posted: Fri, Oct 15 2010 6:49 PM

Nana,

Were your ears buzzing earlier today?   Don't worry, it was just me making Step 5.

I had tried to figure how things were going to be the other day.  Wow, this is the best

mystery I have done in years.  (I'm 82,).  The block is just beautiful and have a couple done.  I know how I will spend my weekend!!!  :-)

Carol, in Moscow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 8:01 PM

Carol

How very sweet.  I am so glad that you are enjoying the MQ>  Please post pics when it is finished.   Are you from Moscow in Russia?  Or somewhere.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 385

Hi Nana.....I am from Moscow, ID......been here 12 yrs....we have moved all over the country....but most times were spent in New Mexico....am a Yankee from New England, but loved the s/west....miss it.   We had a big guild in Albuquerque, I was on the Board for a long time, great teachers over the years, and would you believe.......I failed sewing in 7th grade (I hated it!!)  :-)

This mystery quilt is so enjoyable.  I will ask my son to help me post the whole quilt top, have to have dear person quilt for me on large quilts.  I make smaller one for kids all the time...I did not use a very light fabric, but one that shows up in my Medium....I know I will like it no matter what!!  I  have been a widow for 7 yrs. now, so have more time than those delightful correspondents I have found here.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 8:19 PM

Carol

I could not think of anywhere with a city named Moscow.  I have been on disability for 8 yrs and took up quilting after I had to quit work.  It has become my passion as well as my therapy.  I quilt my own quilts either on the frame with my midarm or on my DSM.  I have really gotten to like doing the quilt as you go in sections.  It seems to take longer to get the quilt finished but when that last stitch goes in then it is ready for binding.

I hope you will drop in and chat with us.  Everyone here loves to talk to everybody.  We love meeting people and learning about their quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Carol and welcome to QCA.  I'm also from Idaho, way south of you.  I'm sure glad you are enjoying your MQ, it is great to know that if you get stuck there is an answer only a post away. 

BTW,  if you don't want your email out there for the world to see you can change your name that shows up here on the forum   Click on My Profile at the top of the page and it will take you to your profile then click on Edit Profile and type the name you want to use in the Name box and it should show that name when you post.  The email will still be the one you sign in with. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:35 PM

M.Carol:

Carol, in Moscow

Welcome Carol - from another Carol - hope you'll enjoy this site as much as I do!!  You're M.Carol and I'm Carol M - they may get us all mixed up on here, but no matter, we all love to quilt and talk too>have fun with it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Sat, Oct 16 2010 11:46 PM

welcome m.carol, i live up north of you in sandpoint     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 17 2010 8:07 AM

Welcome to the site M. Carol, so glad you are enjoying the mystery quilt.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 1,300
Willie L replied on Sun, Oct 17 2010 10:20 AM

Welcome M.Carol.We sound a lot alike.I barely made it through Home Ec.Does anyone remember those aprons we made?The teacher told me I would never be able to sew anything.Imiagine her surprise a few years ago when I met her at our County Fair and took her to see my First place ribbon quilt.But I think we all had other things on our mind at that age.

I am also a widow for 5 years.WE were married 48 years.Quilting has saved my life and my sanity.

Hope you enjoy it on here.

GA Quilter

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use