Varied just this time...

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
19 Posts
Points 550
bryanne posted on Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:01 PM

This post might seem a bit odd and I hope doesn't get too long. 1st I know someone here will be able to help me. I am seeking a "simple" (for my best interest) pattern (s) for a bag for an individual to use on a walker. As my sister progresses with alzheimers she is in need of assist with more life endeavors. This bag would hopefully have pocket (s) for cell phone, eye glasses, small wallet, room to carry a book or two, mail and a sweater/shawl. Shaunna lives in a facility where she must go from her apartment to a lunch room, chapel etc. From her apartment she needs to acess hallways and an elevator. It really is manageable except for the transporting of her "stuff". Any help from you folks would be gratefully accepted.

2nd I'm trying to make these quilted purses but am unable to figure out how to turn right side out with lining. The directions are explicit that the handle is sewed on prior to the flip i.e. one side of the handle on one side of the purse and the other end on the other side. Hopefully I've outlined clearly enough that you can help.

3rd Because I complained I want to share the good news. I FINALLY got and am all squared away with my Joann VIP discount card and am delighted beyond belief. I think my husband is too :)

4th May anyone use the classifieds? I thought I read somewhere you had to have posted a certain amount of times before you could. Time being what it is I confess I mostly post when I need or want. Oh that looks so mean written out doesn't it?

5th A post such as this - should I have and in the future have made 5 different posts for my inquiries? I get so nervous sometimes and don't post for I'm worried I may be in the wrong place etc.

Thanks a lot guys n gals for helping trim my sails and set my sights. Looking forward to learning some stuff!

Fondly bryanne

"Let me live in the house by the side of the road and be a friend to man."

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,721 Posts
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:13 PM

Bryanne

Try this website for the walker bag....http://sewing.about.com/od/healthbeautyitems/ss/walkerbag.htm      Really neat pattern and it is free.

I would have to see a pic of the bag you are trying to make to be able to give help on turning your lining.

Great news on your Joann's card.

As far as I know anyone can use the classifieds.

It is ok to post several things in one post.  Don't worry about being in the wrong place none of us care where you post.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Welcome Bryanne,

Please jump in anywhere. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and you will learn a lot.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

bryanne:
Thanks a lot guys n gals for helping trim my sails and set my sights.

Oh, it sounds like we've got another sailor.  Have you met Helly yet, Bryanne?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,429 Posts
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:56 PM

bryanne, one of the things i love most about this site:   there are no enforcers here.   you can post your queries  in however many posts you want.  it's all good   

i'm happy you got the joann's card squared away, i'm not much of a purse maker nor have i made a pouch for a walker ,  we have a classified?,   wish i could have been more help.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
605 Posts
Points 12,675

Bryanne

Welcome.  I felt the same way as you.  I just read posts for weeks before I wrote anything because I felt like I would be interrupting a conversation amongst a group of long time friends of which I was an outsider.  Well, it doesn't take long to realize that the girls here are warm, helpful, funny and dealing with situations just like your own.  Good luck on your projects and you just reminded me that my Joann's card expired in August, I renewed it on line and haven't seen it.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,429 Posts
Points 416,079
gini replied on Thu, Oct 14 2010 10:37 AM

Prairie Dog:
 I just read posts for weeks before I wrote anything because I felt like I would be interrupting a conversation amongst a group of long time friends of which I was an outsider.

one of the things i love about this site, is there are no outsiders, every one is welcomed to participate.  and have you ever seen a nicer bunch of folks?    no bad appples here.  a few round ones maybe  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

gini:

Prairie Dog:
 I just read posts for weeks before I wrote anything because I felt like I would be interrupting a conversation amongst a group of long time friends of which I was an outsider.

one of the things i love about this site, is there are no outsiders, every one is welcomed to participate.  and have you ever seen a nicer bunch of folks?    no bad appples here.  a few round ones maybe  gini

Prairie Dog and Gini~

I felt very shy about first posting b/c I had thought the same thing that everyone was friends among themselves for a long time but now I feel like I am part of the family and QCA has become so important to me. I feel like I have so many friends now and things in common with so many. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly. I've been online for many years and none of the other groups or associations I have belonged to comes close to QCA. It's like open arms for everyone and you soon become part of everyone's lives.

I haven't even found a worm in an apple. They are all good apples!  Bright red, round and delicious.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Where are the classifieds?

North of Boston MA

Not Ranked
Female
19 Posts
Points 550
bryanne replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 12:01 PM

Anyone here recall an old tune "Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooly"? (sp?) My Dad used to play that tune on the piano when I was a teen ager and in the dog house. I'm Tom Dooly today, sorry about causing any confusion. I had asked a question about classified ad section. . I read about them on another site I very much enjoy frequenting. Here is the url http://www.quiltingboard.com/. But now that I think about it golly would it not be neat to have our own classified guide section here? Most likely this has been discussed and explained away prior to my joining but a nice thought none the less. I'm LOVING this dreary rainy day! bryanne

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,721 Posts
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 12:04 PM

Bryanne

I don't have a specific classified section but people do post items they either have for sale or just want to give away.  We have a forum thread called UFO Exchange where people put patterns and fabrics that they would like to give away.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
19 Posts
Points 550
bryanne replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 12:11 PM

Oh too much. I saw UFO once somewhere here and thought it was folks interested in UFO specific fabrics/quilting. I am literal. Nana I'll go look also but in the name of time are you able to "beam me up" to that section of the site? Thanks bryanne

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,721 Posts
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:30 PM

Bryanne

The thread is titled the Great UFO Giveaway.  I bumped it to the top so you should be able to find it in forums.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Bryanna,

Just jump in and start posting, it will becomes 2nd nature in a bit.  As gini said there are no enforcers here and no quilt police either, just join in and enjoy!!!!!  We are happy you are here!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,881 Posts
Points 367,002
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 7:04 PM

We used to have a market place for people to sell things. After the forums were consolidated I thought it went to "Community Marketplace"  under "Community Fun" in the left hand column but when I click it I just get regular forum discussions.

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use