Top 10 Posters

Design Wall

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
68 Posts
Points 3,105
kmrchr posted on Mon, Oct 11 2010 6:50 PM

Do you use a design wall? What kind and size?

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
9,059 Posts
Points 170,827

I have the Fons and Porter design wall - 60"x72"

I do use it for playing around with block arrangements, and just recently I used it for spray basting my quilt sandwich.  No more sore knees.

A bigger design wall might be handy, but this one fits my one available wall nicely.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

I have a very make shift design wall and I use it all the time.  I have an area on my dining room wall where my son and hubby took out a window between rooms and put the drywall up.  I started taping and plastering it but did not get it quite done.  I hung some batting over it and use that as my design wall, but lately I have been trying to figure out a DW that can be taken down and put away when we have something going on.  I've come up with a couple of ideas but have not quite communicated them to my hubby.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

BTW, Hi and welcome to QCA

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
70 Posts
Points 960

I made mine.  I went to AC Moore craft store and bought a piece of foam core.  You find it in the framing department.  I covered it with a vinyl tablecloth.  Wrong side out.  It is not real big but big enough to get an idea of how you want things.

Suzette

SUZETTE58

Top 500 Contributor
Female
143 Posts
Points 2,741

Kim,

welcome to qca ! I do like using a design wall I have the fons & porter one that hangs on the wall I like it.

I think I bought it through connecting threads

Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Hi Kim~

I made mine also. I don't have any available walls becasue there are so many windows. I bought two pieces of foam core which are 40"high x 30" wide and covered them individually with flannel fabric. I can lean them against a cabinet when I'm working on something small or stand them side by side or one on top of the other for larger quilts. They are easy to store behind a desk or cabinet and pulled out when needed. It works for me.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,543 Posts
Points 416,999
gini replied on Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:35 PM

kim, i have one about the size of a queen quilt and i wish i had more space for putting up blocks    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use