rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 1:06 PM

Leslie :

Nana, You Marge and Poncho, all look great. I have always wanted to visit CW, But can't ever get dear Hubbie to agree to visit anywhere but the kitchen to see whats to eat lol.

Leslie

Maybe you need to entice him to visit CW for all the great food that is offered in the area.  All ethnicities as well as really good seafood and specialty offerings of colonial foods.  Lewis and I can eat ourselves to death there just trying all the different foods.   Really yummy.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,338
Points 249,962
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 1:30 PM

I would like to visit Williamsburgh again - went there as a girl with my 7th grade class and again took Jay there shortly after we were married - but I love places like that... Jamestown is another one... I am glad you had fun Nana... and glad Pancho got to go too!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Nana:

Spud I recieved your hug...wish I could send you one back.  I also got a really pretty bag...I love it.

Oh, I'm so glad you got the hug.  I wish I could have been there to deliver it myself.  I had a hard time keeping my lips sealed about the bag.  They are beautiful and I love mine.  Did you post a picture and I missed it? 

I love your pictures of the trip and I'm so happy you are having a great time and that you and Marge had such a wonderful visit.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:31 PM

Spud

I wish you could have delivered it in person as well.  Marge tells me she knows your real name but was sworn to secrecy....LOL>   I hope to be able to deliver pesonal hugs in Washington at the retreat.  Here is a pic of the bag Marge gave me.  I love it.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 402
Points 7,370
Valerie replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:44 PM

williamsburg is always fun.

Valerie

Woodbridge VA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Love your bag Nana, Marge does a beautiful job and she is so generous!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Kris:

Nana,

Maybe we all need to move into a new QCA community. Think they'll build one?

Oh, wouldn't it be neat to have a QCA commune? With so many people who know so many different things we could be totally self sufficient. I'm ready.....tell me where to go and we'll be there. We need electricity though so we can use our sewing machines.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Massachusetts has two colonial areas like Williamsburg. Plymouth Plantation where Christopher Columbus landed in 1692 on the Mayflower. The rock is there that he first stepped on and the Mayflower is there. There is a whole historical re-enactment with the dress and environment of the Pilgrim's experience. Haven't been there since high school.

We also have Sturbridge Village which is the same thing. We have all this colonial history and we take it for granted. Maybe DH and I need to take a tourist trip and enjoy some of the things in our back yard!

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Marge and Nana~

Marge, your bag is beautiful. You do such nice work.

nana~ love your new bag!  Has Pancho checked out this one yet?

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 5:51 PM

Diane Morgan:
nana~ love your new bag!  Has Pancho checked out this one yet?

He sure has Diane.  He went into the bag immediately to check out the fit.   Perfect of course.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,590
Points 392,187
Kris replied on Sun, Oct 10 2010 7:13 PM

Great bag Nana. Love the colour. Marge did a wonderful job with it.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 70
Points 960
Suzette replied on Mon, Oct 11 2010 4:35 AM

Thanks so much for the pictures.  My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary next year by going to Williamsburg.  I have this quilt shop in my notebook as a side trip.

Suzette

SUZETTE58

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 11 2010 8:00 AM

Suzette:

Thanks so much for the pictures.  My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary next year by going to Williamsburg.  I have this quilt shop in my notebook as a side trip.

Suzette

Suzette

I know that you are going to love it.  It is such a beautiful area. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Hey "Sis" - I'm home!  I am glad that Dave and I decided to check out a day early and head for home.  I wasn't much help to poor Dave and he did the lion's share of the driving where usually it is the other way around.  I am feeling a bit better this morning. 

Dave downloaded the pictures to this computer and then decided to "clean things up a bit" .  Somehow he managed to earase EVERY picture off the computer.  Now he will have to reload them ALL back on.  He still had the Virginia pictures on the little stick thinkgey so he did put those back on already. 

Here is a pic of Dave and me that a gal took for us on the Blue Ridge Pkwy.  A beautiful drive but be prepared for a lot of "twistey turney"

This is the glass blower at Jamestown.  I bought DIL a cobalt blue vase that they made here.

This is the reproduction of the BIGGEST ship that the settlers at Jamestown came over on.  I think Helly's boat is bigger.  :o) 

These fellows are working on the archeological dig at the site of the original Jamestown Fort. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

This was taken at Yorktown.,  This guy was really good explaining the different guns and cannon balls and such.  they actually fired that cannon - minus the cannon ball.  We had gone to Jamestown on Tues. and then Yorktown on Weds.  We ate on the River Walk at Yorktown and browsed the little shops.  Thurs and Fri we explored Williamsburg. 

this fellow is making a boot --- if I heard right, you could actually have him make you a pair. 

They did a short drama at the Govenor's house about three Shawnee warriors that were guests of the Govenor right around the time the Revolution started. 

This one is for Diane..... I figured she would like the horseys. 

This is at the milliner / tailor shop.  Glad I have a sewing machine :o) 

And the blacksmith. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 2 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.