Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff Posted: Thu, Jun 4 2009 2:28 PM

I have no idea if this is where I should post this or not. It's kind of quilty, but has nothing to do with the actual making of a quilt!

After my rant last night, I thought I'd let you know that I received a phone call from a shipping company in Billings, MT, this morning. My sewing cabinets are suppose to arrive there today. They will deliver them Monday or Tuesday morning. I called them back to check on a couple of things: 1) were they going to bring them into the house, set them up, and take away the boxes since this is what I paid for and 2) if they couldn't be here by Tuesday morning, they would have to wait until the following week since I wouldn't be home.

Initially the lady to whom I spoke was a little snippy until she read the orders. She said yes they were to deliver, set up, and haul. I told her they would have to take them down stairs. She wanted to know how many and I said 14. I think they should be able to slide the boxes down. That's how they got the cabinets down here when they were remodeling. I do think, though, that Randy used 2 boards to slide them on. I do not want these boxes to stain the carpeting on the stairs since it's not quite a year old. She said, well, the total weight for the two is 876#. That might be hard to go down the stairs. Not my problem! (I didn't say that to her, I just thought it.) There was nothing when I placed the order that said they wouldn't go up or down stairs. Of course, there was nothing that said any company other than Top Drawer would do the delivering. When I get back from camp, I'm going to call Sewing and Craft and suggest they change their ads on the site. It really is misleading. Top Drawer obviously knows what needs to be done, but other companies don't.

Judy I

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Jul 5 2009 10:06 AM

You need to post info/pics when this wonderful room is done....I am getting excited for you. I even think probably lil late with my excitement but I just ran accross this thread.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Ronnie, I already posted the site and I think you saw it. If not, to go

http://web.me.com/judyi/JIliff/Family/Family.html

Click on "home" at the top and then "studio"

Gillette, WY

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Jul 5 2009 8:07 PM

giggles...I have seen that and umm yeah that is reason you needed to adopt me. I guess it was another blonde moment....sad to say alot of them last few days.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

We all have those blond moments, even those of us who are not blond! Mine was with a light bulb tonight. I thought I lost electricity to the sewing side of the room. I even had Glenn come down to help figure it out. I finally realized, after discovering that everything else over there worked, that the light bulb on the desk had gone out! Duh! LOL!

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Jul 5 2009 11:00 PM

Judy,

That is just too funny. I have to admit I have done same thing after I spazzed out over no electric first of course.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 2,640

That is too funny

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use