Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,265
Carla H. Posted: Wed, Jun 3 2009 10:35 AM

Does anyone  have information on which Janome machine I should buy . I want to  be able to take it to sewing classes. I want something with plenty of stitch choices, and the ability to machine quilt simple stuff but also light to carry. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carla :)

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 100

Hi ,

I bought a Janome Gem years ago and my daughter and I love using it !

It is 11lbs with a carrying bag and has the needed stitches and strengh to sew and machine quilt . My daughter goes to college and takes it along with her to sew projects in her design classes too.

You might visit a large sewing machine shop in your area and "test drive " and lift the ones they have now.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

This looks like it might be just what you are looking for. I don't have a clue what it costs but is has some nice features and only weighs 12lbs.

Janome AQS2009

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 110

I bought the Jem Gold about 7 years ago and love it!.  Weighing about 12 pounds, it's light enough  to take to classes but is also heavy enough that it doesn't "walk" when sewing and is relatively quiet.  My machine has a built-in needle threader, thread cutter, bobin winder, quick foot conversion, extension table (accessory storage box) and free arm.  It has 12 stitches (which include buttonhole, straight and zigzag stitch patterns), and a reverse stitch lever.  It also came with extra feet (including the walking foot).  The only things I have machine quilted were smaller projects (table runners, etc.), and that was only straight quilting (channel, lines, etc.), so don't know if that would meet your need.  After my daughter saw mine, she also bought one and is very pleased with it.

I'm sure Janome has probably developed an even better version.

Linda

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,265
Carla H. replied on Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:04 AM

Jauslamtemp,

Thank you for taking time to reply.

Carla

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,265
Carla H. replied on Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:05 AM

Spudgrandma,

I will l take a look at it. Thanks

Carla

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,265
Carla H. replied on Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:06 AM

Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I will ck it out

Carla

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use