rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 124
Points 3,015
Scooter Posted: Wed, Sep 29 2010 8:28 PM

G'day to my fellow quilters,

There are only 4 days of my holidays left, I have been sewing around the clock. My DH has told me that my eyes look as if they are read to pop out of my head. I have been making a banner for friend who is a Freemason. It has been a lot of hand sewing and then unpicking and resewing. There is still a little machine sewing to finish off, most of the work is done.

Now what to do with the rest of the time. A little reading, a couple of rounds of golf and start to look at putting a border around the last posting the castle. My golf is a walk around the golf course, trying to hitting a little white ball. It is a good way off getting some exercise. I get a lot of value for my money as I don't seem to hit the ball straight. Zigzagging across the course, getting a lot more value for money. Then there is a bit of reading that I am wanting to catch up on. I really should be looking at the domestic chores around the house, but for some strange reason I can't seem to see them. My eyes are wide open (not). May be the DH has done them.

Since we last chatted I caught up with my cousin who lives 2½ to 3 hours drive from where I live. She is also a fellow quilter, the only other one in my family of 40 cousins. Has been quilting a lot longer than my good self, she G'day to my fellow quilters,

There are only 4 days of my holidays left and I have been sewing around the clock. My DH has told me that my eyes look as if they are read to pop out of my head. I have been making a banner for friend who is a Freemason. It has been a lot of hand sewing and then unpicking and resewing. There is still a little machine sewing to finish off, most of the work is done.

Now what to do with the rest of the time. A little reading and a couple of rounds of golf and start to look at putting a border around the last posting the castle. My golf is a walk around the golf course, trying to hitting a little white ball. It is a good way off getting some exercise. I get a lot of value for my money as I don't seem to hit the ball straight I zigzag across the course. Getting a lot more value for money. Then there is a bit of reading that I am wanting to catch up on. I really should be looking at the domestic chores around the house, but for some strange reason I can't seem to see them. My eyes are wide open (not). May be the DH has done them.

Since we last chatted I caught up with my cousin who lives 2½ to 3 hours drive from where I live. She is also a fellow quilter and the only other one in my family of 39 cousins. Being a farmers wife she has been a quilter a lot longer than my good self, and this year was lucky enough to do a workshop with Jinny Beyer while she was visiting Australia this year. Lucky girl. That is a work shop is on my wish list. I also have on my wish list to visit the US. Visit with and do some workshop while visiting.

That is what I have been up to.

Ooroo for now. That is what I have been up to.

Ooroo for now

Scooter

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:06 PM

Scooter

It sounds like you have been really busy.  Hope you post a pic of your banner.  Have fun chasing that little white ball....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 29 2010 9:21 PM

Hi Scooter. It's good to hear from you. Glad you've been keeping busy. I would love to see photos of your progress as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,599
gini replied on Wed, Sep 29 2010 11:32 PM

hi scooter, it sounds like you've been a busy girl.   i like to chase the little white ball around, too.  and just like you we go back and forth across the fairway.  someday i'll convince it, it needs to go straight    gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use