Top 10 Posters

Label

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
27 Posts
Points 690
Biglucyfan posted on Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:22 AM

Can any of you wonderful quilters give a newbie instructions on how to add a label and where to get one.  I just made my very first quilt and I am so excited.  It is a John Deere and Farm Animal quilt.  I made it for a very dear friend who is having her first grandchild and they live on a farm so what better theme to do a child's room in.  LOL

Thank you for any advice you can give me.  I am not sure if there is maybe a video that could help me or not.

Debbie

From Annapolis Maryland

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,536 Posts
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:04 AM

debbie, i was in annapolis once in my life about 20 years ago and there was a wonderful little quilt shop there.   i have no idea where it was in you city.  we were four women from seattle and we had the book on quilt shops around the usa.  it was sunday and they were closed. we were so disappointed,  we heard a saw out back so we went around the back to peek  and the owner's husband was making new shelves.  we told him how disappointed we were and he hollered at his wife and  told us to go on in (through the back door).   she opened her shop for us and we had a great time  and an "exclusive" shopping experience.   one savvy shop owner.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,536 Posts
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:05 AM

Cottonseed Glory
4 Annapolis St.
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone: (410) 263-3897
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 10am-5pm. Sundays 1pm-4pm (Sept.- Mid-May only)
Email: pat@cottonseedglory.com or use "Contact Us" button

Come visit Annapolis' premier quilt shop, the largest shop in the Maryland/Delaware/Virginia area, featuring more than 6,000 bolts of beautiful 100% cotton fabric. We offer the best quilting notions, books, and patterns, including our own Cottonseed Glory pattern line.

Cottonseed Glory has exciting classes for all levels year-round. You can also get expert assistance from our friendly and knowledgeable staff. Cottonseed Glory is an authorized Bernina dealer with competitive pricing and reliable service available. Come see the portable, affordable Handi Quilter Sixteen and the new computerized pro-stitcher. The HQ Sixteen gives quilters every advantage of a long arm quilting system at a small fraction of the price. Come in for a demonstration and a hands-on experience. We will match any reasonable offer - but no one can match our dedication to customer service and continuing support. We also offer FREE in-home setup and delivery, along with free classes to help you learn to use your new quilting machine.

We are located just one mile from Historic Downtown Annapolis on a tree-shaded street lined with interesting boutiques and restaurants. There is free parking in our own parking lot. Please come visit us to see everything we have to offer! You won't believe the size of our store or the number of fabrics we have available--it's a selection you won't be able to match!

i found it online, i wonder if it has the same owner   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,654 Posts
Points 82,429

Kris:

Debbie,

you can label a quilt in so many different ways.

Use an orphan block (one that didn't make it into the quilt) and write on it with archival ink. You can make a machine embroidered label. I've also embroidered directly on the quilt itself, front or back. 

For me it's like quilting. The quilt determines what I do with it. I hardly ever label the same way twice.

Whatever you do have fun with it.

This is such a good topic.....tags, ladies!

Kris~You did it again. I really like the orphan block idea. I always have one or two kicking around and that would be perfect. Each one would be different and I can see doing different things with it to go along with the quilt.

Do Sharpie pens work o.k.?

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,536 Posts
Points 417,914
gini replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:32 AM

diane thanks for the reminder,   to add a tag to your post, a tag lets us find old posts on that subject,   go to the bottom of your reply and click on "edit tags"  then add your tag, ie. in this post it would be label, then click on save    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,736 Posts
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:53 AM

Diane Morgan:
Do Sharpie pens work o.k.?

Diane

Sharpies aren't your best option.  The ink runs really badly and I don't think they are archival quality.   The pigma pens work best.

Vinton, Virginia

• Filed under:
Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use