Retro red and black fabric

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
448 Posts
Points 5,660
CJ Hines posted on Tue, Sep 14 2010 1:20 PM

I am looking for some retro red and black floral fabric--I am making an apron for a gift and found a fat quarter, but the shop didn't have any more of the fabric. The selvedge didn't have the manufacturer's name on it so I can't search that way, but if I could find something similar, it'd be OK. I have checked Thousands of Bolts (too tedious), Connecting Threads, Quilt in a Day and a few others with no luck. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,314 Posts
Points 154,598

Just a shot in the dark but I wonder what would happen if you just goggled red and black fabric?  I know that I saw a lot of great fabrics on the sites while I was doing the FabShop Hop but wouldn't be able to tell you what was where.  I know - I'm a real big help  :o(  I hope someone out here has a great idea for you and you find what you are looking for.  . 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,461 Posts
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:22 PM

CJ,

try fabsearch

Top 10 Contributor
Female
11,650 Posts
Points 135,977

CJ, I just found a new fabric site called fabricworm.com, they had alot of retro fabric, but I don't remember if there was any black and red.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
962 Posts
Points 19,541

Oops I messed up!  Ignore my Suggested by Snowbird Quilter!  I have a happy clicker finger :)

Hoffman has a fat quarter bundle with red on black and black on red.  I believe I saw it in Keepsake Quilters newsletter.  Since I'm not sure what "retro" is I'm not sure that it would work.  Anyway it's an idea.

Patty

Good Gravy!  It's Kaufman not Hoffman and it isn't floral.  I really batting a thousand this morning!  Sorry

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,809 Posts
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:59 AM

CJ, Keepsake quilting has a fabric search service, but I don't know if you have to be in their "gold club" for that or not.  I think they require a swatch that's about 1 to 1.5 inches square,  Hancock's of Paducah has tons of fabric - do you have their catalog?  I wonder if you could scan an image (or take a photograph) of the fabric & e-mail it to some of the online stores - maybe some of them could help?   Good luck :-)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
448 Posts
Points 5,660
CJ Hines replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:10 AM

Hi Marge--I did Google that before I posted the question here but have not been able to find what I'm looking for.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,354 Posts
Points 414,864
gini replied on Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:21 PM

cj, take a picture for us , it will be easier to help  gini

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
2 Posts
Points 5

you can check this link there's a collection of black and red floral fabrics  http://www.ecraftssale.com/blog/black-and-red-floral-fabrics/  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,195 Posts
Points 24,070

Have you tried ebzy.  I have had great luck finding fabric there

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
589 Posts
Points 10,200

I tried posting the links to what I found, if they show up on here I am sorry fo rthe extra post. I found some sites that have the 1930's and 1920's retro fabric, I am not sure if they have what your looking for.

hartsfabric.com

twiddletails.com

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use