rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,859
gini Posted: Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:29 AM

diane's quote. "I'm finding that I am drawn to BOM's"

i find that i collect BOM's and have several in a drawer awaiting my attention.   am i the only one that collects them?  and lets them languish in a drawer?   curiosity getting the better of me here.    and, could these be considered UFOs, they are all cut out?     gini

gini in north idaho

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:43 AM

Gini

I don't usually buy BOMs but I do think that they would be considered UFOs.  Especially since they are all cut out and ready to be sewn.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Gini~

I have two sitting in a bin....had to have them and haven't touched them. In my UFO pile I do have a sort of BOM ready to be quilted. I had a one month block and really liked it so I made the whole quilt out of that one block. It's all sandwiched and ready to quilt.

I don't consider it a UFO til I actually start working on it. If it's all pre-cut and sitting there it's in to-do mode. I have tons of quilt kits that many are cut but they are in to-do bins. That's like having the fabric in the stash waiting to be used but it's not a UFO yet til I use it.

My UFO's are the tops I finish and then don't sandwich and quilt right away. I'm too busy working on the other tops or starting something new again. If I put something aside and not work on it for a while then that becomes a UFO in my head, too.

I really like the BOM's. I think this will be another addiction for me. 

How many BOM's do you have???????

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,859
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:06 AM

Diane Morgan:
How many BOM's do you have???????

i'm at the studio, i'll go count them, however, i might not post the number,   it is probably going to be too embarrassing   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:21 PM

Gini,

I am definitely a BOM collector and I will not say how may I have tucked away. *sheepish grin*

I do not consider these UFOs because, like Diane, I don't count them unless I've started working on them. Some of them I have not even opened to see what's inside.

Nana,

I beg to differ with you, the BOMs I have are not cut out and ready for sewing. I still have to cut the pieces and prepare the appliqué shapes etc. I only have one that is precut. Therefore not UFOs.

I'm a lost cause because I have a couple that I'm waiting from the shops for an answer as to whether or not I can have a full kit.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,987
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:49 PM

I usually do my Blocks when I get them... if I have to wait too long or am immersed in something else - well then they do become UFOs and right now I only have 1 of them - an Oklahoma quilt BOM that I started a few years ago and then got too sick to do anything and so it is in a bin waiting for me to get back to it...

I do collect kits though ... and I have a few of those awaiting my attention... and nope don't think of them as UFOs...they are in their package but I still have to be pressed and cut out - so they aren't a UFO...lol

I have one BOM that is all done and sandwiched to the backing and not quilted...argh it is a UFO...

I like to do Baltimore or applique quilts in the BOM style so not all that hard stuff at one time... one block a month is good!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:13 PM

I like to look at the BOM but wonder if they rate the skills required to do them.I like what I see but don't know if I would be committed to do 1 each month.I like to finish the tops right away.Can't say that happens with the binding though .Many UFO's that just require binding.I now have 2more excuses not to bind .I'm wrapped up in shop hop and reading all your messages.I don't know where else a person can have so much fun and never get out of the chair.

Darlene (2many horses)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,838
Points 366,217
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:59 PM

Darlene:
I'm wrapped up in shop hop and reading all your messages.I don't know where else a person can have so much fun and never get out of the chair.

So true Darlene. I couldn't have said it any better.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use