Top 10 Posters

THE QUILT TOP IS DONE !!! AMEN

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 32 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,470

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.  This quilt is for my husbands Grandmother.  She is such a sweet lady and the best grandma anyone could ask for.  I'm going to give it to her for Christmas.  I will have to hide it away so I don't give to her early.

I have just started quilting and I feel like I should have been doing this all my life.  It has allowed me to meet some very wonderful ladies and make things I never thought I could make.

Keep quilting ladies you never know how or when your work will inspire someone to learn. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 964
Points 19,596

Michelle: 

That is the most stunning "Turning Twenty" quilt top that I've seen!

You've done a fantastic job!  Many pats on the back from this quarter to you!

A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Patty Mc  

Oregon & Arizona

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Michelle~

Oh, such nice eye candy. Your quilt is beautiful and your grandmother is sure to love it. What a nice, loving gift to give to someone. Now you are officially hooked and welcome to the quilt funny farm. You'll never be quite the same person again. Enjoy the creative ride.

North of Boston MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful, Michelle!

Gillette, WY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 441
Points 7,940
Sharon replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:50 PM

Yea, what they said! The stained glass pattern looks like it was a fun quilt to make!

Toledo, OH

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,857
Points 68,560
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:33 PM

All that's left to say is ditto to all other replys. How do you plan to quilt it?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 10:21 PM

Michelle - Wow.  You deserve a round of applause.  That quilt is going to be something special in your family.  What a great job.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Annette

Not Ranked
Posts 63
Points 1,470
Michelle replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:20 AM

I'm not sure how to quilt it.  Any ideas would be great !!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 335
Points 11,972

Michelle, Your quilt is truly stunning. Most "stained glass" quilts don't really achieve the look of stained glass, but yours does, very effectively. Congratulations.

Judy J.

Nambe, New Mexico

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:02 AM

Michelle DeLaGarza:

I have been working on this quilt and I finally finished the top.  I have un-sewn so many times.  I was so close to tears today.  But it is done.  It's a Turning Twenty Stained Glass Quilt.

i'm not so good at this,  an indiviual cool design in the  larger spaces. then my brains shuts down and i can't think what to do in the rest.  a nice diagonal grid would look good.   concentric circles coming out from the center or even coming out of one corner so it looks like the sun radiating out.    sorry , not much help from this corner       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:04 AM

michelle go to leah day designs, she has a website that does free quilt designs, you might browse through them    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,509
Points 417,464
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:39 PM

michelle  here is the link    gini

http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 70
Points 960
Suzette replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 12:44 PM

It is beautiful!!  I love the fabrics.  Great job

SUZETTE58

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,819
Points 43,839
Eileen replied on Sat, Sep 11 2010 10:08 PM

Michelle, your quilt is beautiful - it really does look like stained glass!  Before I ask any questions about it, I'm going to read the rest of the replies.  Thanks so much for sharing :-)

Edit: OK, so I looked & everyone loves it "-)

How big are the black strips between the blocks? I've heard of this pattern but haven't seen it so I'm curious abot the size of the strips compared to the colored sections.  It's just lovely!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Wow Michelle -  I just found the picture of your quilt top.  Like everyone else has already said ---- it is beautiful.  Can't wait to see how you quilt it. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use