JoANNS

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 690
Biglucyfan Posted: Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:36 PM

So I went to JoAnn's today and showed my QCA temporary membership paper and told them that I just joined about a week ago and that I am waiting for my card and do you know what they said?  They told me that I could not use the paper receipt that I had to have the actual card.  Is this true?  I thought I could use the temporary membership to show that I was a member of QCA.   Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks and have a happy Labor Day

Debbie

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,863
Points 382,477
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:20 PM

Boy I guess it depends on which Jo-Ann's you go to. In VA I frequented two different stores. One accepted the VIP card without any proof of organisation while the other had to see the QCA card. At he store I go to now in NH the manager signed the back of the card and that's all I need now. I don't have to show my QCA card since he verified my affiliation the first time.

Having said all that I don't see why they wouldn't honour a temporary membership card. Everything they need to know is on it. I wish they would all get on the same page so we don't have these issues so often.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

Debbie -- Did you have the JoAnn's card?  You have to apply for it too and you will get a card in the mail that says your a JoAnn VIP.   There is a link to get it on the left hand side of the screen here. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,650
Points 140,823

Kris:
I wish they would all get on the same page so we don't have these issues so often.

Me too. I have had cashiers take my card no matter how many coupons I had and some that won't take it if I use one coupon.

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 690

I did apply for the Joann's card, but from what I understand I could just print out the temporary card and they will take that, I guess I will wait to get my welcome kit and card from Joanns. 

Thank you all for replying to my post.  I just love this website.

Debbie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,845
Points 181,443
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:30 PM

Debbie, I went to the JoAnn's near me with a 1" square temporary membership card where the girl at the register had to squint to see what was written on it and she honored the 10%.  Now you ask me why it was only 1" square,  well it came that way when I printed it out and no matter what I tried to adjust it, it came out that same size time after time.  Must've used up ten sheets of paper when I decided, oh well, if I can read it anyone else would be able to read it.  I made out like a bandit using a 40% on one item, a 20% on my entire purchase and 10% again on my entire purchase using my temperary membership card.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:31 PM

WTG Marie.  Don't you just love coupons.....

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 690

Marie that is awesome.  Luckly today when I went they had the extra 10% coupon for labor day so that helped out.

Now my next step is to figure out how to make a signature like alot of you gals have.  LOL

Debbie

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,650
Points 140,823

Marie:
I made out like a bandit using a 40% on one item, a 20% on my entire purchase and 10% again on my entire purchase using my temperary membership card.

See that's what I'm talking about. Mine here wouldn't take my membership card because of the 10 percent coupon. I explained to her that it's now a coupon, it's a vip card and she wouldn't even try. And I have had others that do with no problem.

Glad it worked out for you Marie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,055
Points 251,237
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:35 AM

biglucyfan:

Now my next step is to figure out how to make a signature like alot of you gals have.  LOL

Debbie, if you go to the top and search Fancy Signatures it will take you to a tutorial of how to make them...easy peasy...

oh heck - here it is from a post I did last year...

first I built my signature at a site called - My Live Signature - web addy...http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_1.php

you go there and it is free... free...

step one is pick the name you want and put it in the box - hit enter...

step two  - select your font - there are lots...

step three - select size

step four - select color

step five - select slope

finished - your signature is ready...

go to do you want to use this signature...

go to generate BB code

click on generate a code for my handwritten signature

highlight the code and either click on copy - or control C

now go back to QCA

click on the Edit tab

when you go in there you go to site options..

go down till you reach Signature

now click the paste key or control V

go down and click save...

you have a fancy signature... you will not see it till you do a posting in the forums section is...

welcome to QCA by the way...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:47 AM

thea, could you tag this?  it seems like it has steps that aren't in the tutorial   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,055
Points 251,237
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:49 AM

tagged...teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:51 AM

thanks thea.      gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674

Hi Debbie and welcome to QCA.  I know you will enjoy it here and I look forward to getting to know you.

Here is a post that has links to the live sig and some other discussion about the signatures that may be helpful.  Again, welcome.

Spudgrandma:

When you get to the page where it ask if you want HTML or BB code select BB code:
Next page - click on Generate a code for my handwritten signature..
Scroll down to generated BB code and copy the code..

Here is a post that tells how to make you signature:

Kathy Patterson:

Sandy,

Here is the information from the original post.
Go to this link:
http://www.mylivesignature.com/mls_wizard1_1.php
and follow the signature wizard instructions.
Once you get what you want, then choose 'want to use this signature'
then choose the 'generate BB code', then 'generate code for my hand written signature'.

When the code is created, highlight it and copy it to the signature spot in your profile.

When you get to the page where it ask if you want HTML or BB code select BB code
Next page - click on Generate a code for my handwritten signature..
Scroll down to generated BB code and copy the code..

Then:
Click on My Profile
Click on the Site Options tab

Scroll down to the signature box

Paste the code in the signature box
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and save and hopefully you will have a fancy new signature.

Thread Link: Fancy

Signatue

Link to My Live Signatue

Be sure to save it when you add it to your profile.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use