rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 520
Abby Posted: Mon, Aug 23 2010 8:31 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have recently gotten into applique, I have done a few projects and feel like I'm becoming more of an intermediate with it. I am going camping in three weeks and am looking for a project to work on during the drive and when I'm just hanging out. Does anyone have any suggestions of patterns or books that have good patterns? I'm open for anything! Thank you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,055
Points 251,237
Thea replied on Mon, Aug 23 2010 8:39 PM

Abby, I recommend Beth Ferrier... go to her site www.applewd.com  She has great quilts... If you don't like her.. try McKenna Ryan... another of my favorites... I think her site is www.pineneedles.com

if not google her name...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,863
Points 382,477
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 23 2010 8:42 PM

Hello Abby,

BunnyHillDesigns has a lot of fun designs that might be up your alley. They currently have a free BOM going called "Snow Bound". The appliqué group here has been working on Tisket a Tasket from the same designer. Browse the group's forums for other great ideas. I know other members will be chiming in with even more suggestions. Have fun camping.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:38 PM

When we went camping a few months ago and I needed a take-along project,  I did this:

I made carboard templates of basic shapes in 3 sizes each  -eye shape, fan, tear, leaf,  and the heart like thingy on the blue- pink-yellow flower. I selected my fabrics and pressed, starched and cut 6" squares from each, and cut a back ground fabric. I cut a few green bias strips, tossed some washers (For small circles) a needle and thread in my sewing kit.  When we got to the cabin, I let the kids fiddle with arranging the templates  and tracing them on paper to make flower like designs and then color them while I appliqued the vines. Each child designed one flower. I saved the last one for myself.  When they were don,  all I had to do was fill in the blah spots with dots and leaves...  We didn't use all of the templates or all of the sizes, but we had that option. It was fun.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,790
Nana replied on Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:41 PM

Abby

I was going to give you the same info as Kris.  So instead I will just welcome you to the site.  Please check out the applique group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,863
Points 382,477
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:52 PM

Nice pillow Chocake.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,719
Points 419,689
gini replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:50 AM

abby welcome, there are so many great books out there.    i usually have an applique project cut out and ready to go.   i take them with me when i know i;m going to have some down time, like camping.   it is great  to try new techniques like reverse applique.    i would love to see some of your applique   gini

gini in north idaho

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use