Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 83 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Oct 25 2010 7:53 PM

Deb, your quilt is very pretty, great job.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:57 PM

All the finished tops look so great - Nana's pattern turned out really great in any color!  I finally got my last border sewn on after supper tonight, but no way to take a picture until tomorrow - it's so big, will have to take it outside to get it all in!!  I used every scrap of all the fabrics for the borders and  have the binding all cut, but not even a smidgeon left.  In using the extra HSTs for a border, it became not designing, just seeing what I could do with the pieces I had left - but worked out OK.    Today, the DH who has nothing to do with computers( again) wanted me to get on the internet for his project - and it took up most of my afternoon when I had planned to be sewing.  He's got his 2007 Lincoln MKX for sale, he already has a brand new truck, and decided he doesn't need both (I have my car, which I love, and refuse to trade up to the Lincoln - mine is a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer and I love it better than any car I've ever had or driven, so I'm keeping it as long as possible)  Anyway, I got his Lincoln posted on the site that sells cars for you- hope it works out OK.  Anyone ever heard of or dealt with OneStopMotors.com?  I hope to get the MQ3 quilt  picture sent to media  tomorrow, now that the car pictures are finally done!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Mon, Oct 25 2010 8:59 PM

OMG! Deb and Wendy, I can't believe your tops are done and they are beautiful!

Wendy, I'm a huge fan of fall themed fabric's and you did a wonderful job of choosing your's.

Deb, The blues look great in your room.

Kudo's to both of you for finishing so soon and posting pic's!

Marilyn,  I wish I could give you some pressing tips, but I'm running a little behind in my sns blocks.   

I may need a little more time for viewers choice myself.  Maybe by Monday for me?

Keep 'em coming girls!!!! What a great pattern!!!  So excited that this is a larger pattern. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 3:37 AM

I have 2 rows sewed, will try to get the  rest done tonight  (maybe) I think it's going to be very pretty.

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 6:15 AM

Carol:
Anyone ever heard of or dealt with OneStopMotors.com? 

Carol,

I have never personally heard of OneStopMotors.com. My brother in law has purchased several cars, trucks and snowmobiles from ebay and drives all over the US to check them out. I'm sure that anyone that loves vehicles like he does knows about all the sites. Good luck selling!

Leslie,

Sending you a cheer to finish up your rows!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Diane Morgan:
I forgot.I need a hair cut, too.

Now that would make an amusing picture!  Seriously though, you're gonna have such a great time with your new toy.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 5:01 PM

I thought I was going to be done this weekend HOWEVER: I was pinning for step 6 I noticed that I sewed squares together wrong and had to rip apart 15 squares.  I finally got that done and tonight hope to correct my errors so tomorrow I can sew my squares together and add the borders!!!

Katie

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 6:04 PM

Wendy, beautiful quilt, love the colors, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,428
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 26 2010 6:06 PM

Deb, love your quilt also.  The blues go so well with your BR walls and curtains, good job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 7:15 PM

Katie:

I thought I was going to be done this weekend HOWEVER: I was pinning for step 6 I noticed that I sewed squares together wrong and had to rip apart 15 squares.  I finally got that done and tonight hope to correct my errors so tomorrow I can sew my squares together and add the borders!!!

Oh Katie,

Have so been there. I've had some "catching up" time myself, and can so relate.... I hope to finish my sns blocks tomorrow and start piecing my rows and I may even have to go shopping to purchase more fabrics for borders. I just need more dark to outline.

Good Luck to you with your goals of finishing tomorrow and wish me luck with mine........ aahhh, this is how we learn......(not just to quilt, but for me to focus!!!!!)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:31 PM

Stephanie - I wish I had been able to talk to your BIL before we paid $499.00 to OneStopMotors - now I've found out they have a boatload of complaints with the BBB and I'm trying to cancel the whole deal before we end up like the 200plus people complaining about losing their money!!  We never signed the agreement, just sent pictures (and the money!) so hope we'll be able to cancel.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,499
Points 138,433
Stephanie replied on Thu, Oct 28 2010 3:53 AM

Carol,

So sorry to hear about this. I hope you're able to cancel and get your money back as well. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 143
Points 2,741
jodekema replied on Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:05 AM

Thank you Leslie I appreciate your kind words :)

Deb

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 1,245
Brenda H replied on Thu, Oct 28 2010 11:45 AM

I just finished completing my blocks.  After I went for my sewing weekend, I decided to try to sell some table toppers and bags at a small craft fair with a friend, so I spent 2 weeks getting things ready.  Then I spent a week working in the yard, trimming a lot of bushes and trees that needed taking care of.  I finally got back to my quilt last week and did steps 2-5 in about 6 days.  I held out and didn't peek at step 6 until just a few minutes ago.  I love the way the quilt is going to go together and hope to finish putting the blocks together this weekend.  I have the HSTs, too, plus some stips of the light that I cut wrong to start with.  I'll have to see what I can do with those in the boarder.

Nana, thanks for moderating and your quilt looks beautiful.  Hope to have a picture by next week.

Brenda H

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 880

This message board has sure been quiet, there must be a lot of sewing machines running full speed.    

I finished my quilt top this evening, I used all of my HST in the border - took forever to sew them all back together again - used them in the middle border because I didn't want all those seams in my way when I put the binding on.  I am very pleased with the finished product, I will try to get a picture on when you have the viewers choice.    Pat

Page 83 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use