Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 63 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:40 PM

HI STEPHANIE,

It lavender/blue...but pretty anyway you see it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 4:42 PM

these are the best triangle trimmers,

Home » Quilt Supplies & Quilt Tools » Fons and Porter » Fons & Porters Quilting Rulers » Fons & Porter Triangle Trimmers 1/2" & 1/4"

Fons & Porter Triangle Trimmers 1/2" & 1/4" - Click to enlargeFons & Porter Triangle Trimmers 1/2" & 1/4". A handy two piece set of tools for trimming tips off triangles for more accurate patchwork. Easy to understand directions are printed in trimmers. May be used with any size fabric triangle and feature a non-slip back that helps keep tools from slipping while using. Set includes one blue and one pink trimmer. DRITZ R7847

Bookmark and Share

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:59 PM

Katie

All the tools that Stephanie showed are great but you don't have to trim the tips of your triangles to be able to sew them on Step 2.  Just line up the edge with the tip of the triangle and the corner of the rectangle matched.   Have fun with it.  The pictures do show the tips cut because I use the triangle trimmer.   It is more important when you are matching triangles to squares than it is in this particular step of the MQ>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 7:18 PM

Stephanie - definitely purple and just beautiful!! I love your fabrics - two of my very favorites and it looks great!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 7:27 PM

Thanks EVERYONE, I did order the first two items, I didn't order the ruler with the slit in it because I couldn't find it.  I will be in Wisconsin this next weekend and my daughter is taking me to a quilting store she takes classes at.  I will look for that ruler there along with other goodies, lol.  I am very happy with my quilt so far.  I bought a specific foot (can't remember what it is called) to help me with the 1/4"  seams and I LOVE IT.  I love the Janome that my DH bought me as well.  I learned to sew when I was in grade school and use to make tons of clothes amd as an adult I mainly sewed for crafts.  I ALWAYS wanted to make a quilt but I was to busy teaching painting classes to give it a shot.  Nine years ago I decided it was bucket list time. I moved to Wyoming,  returned to college and got a degree in Radiologic Sciences.  I am now the lead Mammography Tech as a hospital.  Re-married a WONDERFUL MAN who supports me in EVERYTHING.  Took a hot air ballon ride over Lake Tahoe, Visited the "Pawsn Star's" store in Vegas.  Went to the "American Pickers" store in Iowa and made my first quilt.  I have yet to ride in a Helicopter, not that I haven't had the chance but I just had surgery and didn't want to.  My DH tried to get me to fly over the Grand Canyonbut I was on crutches and didn't want to try to get in the helpcopter.  The ONLY thing I decided to remove from my bucket list was ski doen a Mountain in Jackson Wyoming, I took ONE look at those mountains and said NO WAY.  So now after I babbled on, THANKS AGAIN for your help ladies.

Katie

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 157
Points 3,305

After this step (retangle and hst)mwill we be finished with the dark fabric?

Elizabeth

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120

Everyone's work on the MQ is very pretty. I am still working on the Dorothy project. Hope to have the dress finished by tomorrow, but then I leave for Las Vegas on Wednesday, so there is no quilting in my near future. But I will get the MQ done, just may not have it done in time for the final voting. I am loving everyone's work on it. You go, girls.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,610
Wendy replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:56 PM

Barbara:

Wendy,you must have been sewing all day lol..like thats a shame .WTG. wish I had mine done.Barbara

Barbara,

It did take me all day.

Everyone else was putting up the Halloween castle. I shut myself in the sewing room and sewed for hours. It drives me nuts to watch them put it up.  In the time that It took them to decide what they were doing out there I could have had it up. Makes me crazy!@!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:59 PM

Joni:

these are the best triangle trimmers,

Home » Quilt Supplies & Quilt Tools » Fons and Porter » Fons & Porters Quilting Rulers » Fons & Porter Triangle Trimmers 1/2" & 1/4"

Fons & Porter Triangle Trimmers 1/2" & 1/4" - Click to enlargeFons & Porter Triangle Trimmers 1/2" & 1/4". A handy two piece set of tools for trimming tips off triangles for more accurate patchwork. Easy to understand directions are printed in trimmers. May be used with any size fabric triangle and feature a non-slip back that helps keep tools from slipping while using. Set includes one blue and one pink trimmer. DRITZ R7847

Bookmark and Share

Joni

These are the same ones I use.  I love them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:02 PM

Katie

What a fantastic bucket list.  I would have had to draw the line at skiing down the mountain too.  My skiing attempts have always left me on my backside sliding down the mountain....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:04 PM

Elizabeth

The only other place I used dark fabric was a 2 1/2 inch inner border.  I cut 8 2 1/2 in strips for my border.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:13 PM

Katie ,Wow you live a very exciting life,and much braver then I am .lol  I can't even inmagine going up in a hot air baloons, I don't even really like to fly. Thanks for sharing your story with us ,and good luck with your quilting..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 465
SeaJay replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:32 PM

Stephanie - your purple is wonderful - I love it.

I spent today playing catch up in between loads of laundry and I was able to finish step 3. It does make me wonder what in the world all those 180 HST pieces are for hmmmmm....

Seajay

Wisdom comes with age but sometimes age comes alone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:33 AM

way to go stephanie, it looks like royal purple on my computer    very pretty colors    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:34 AM

i got step three finished, but the light is bad so i'll post pictures when i get home       gini

gini in north idaho

Page 63 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use