Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 27 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:08 AM

hi kanaylor, i'm glad you're joining us. the mystery quilts are pretty easy.  i asked nana if i could put some half square triangle together to size them and she said they weren't going together,  so the mystery thickens, but i think you won't be abler to use the papers.  since you are new to quilting, you might want to cut them a little bigger, like nana suggested, and cut them down  afterwards.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:10 AM

thanks nana,   i think i'll go with the first set, since you think it'll work     gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:11 AM

gini:

thanks nana,   i think i'll go with the first set, since you think it'll work     gini

Gini

I think it will turn out very pretty because of the contrast in color and print.  Very pretty collection of fabric.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:25 AM

Diane Morgan:

And here comes Curious George. When I go to print the PDF file I only have page one of the file, not all the pages. What am I doing wrong this time???????

Diane

There is only one page of the PDF file.  The only thing that should be there is fabric requirements and cutting instructions.   Each Friday when new steps are posted there will be a pdf for each step that can be printed off.

Vinton, Virginia

• Filed under:
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:09 AM

Gini

Thanks for your help......the plot thickens, lol...going to purchase my material today and start tomorrow

Katie

Katie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Gini~

It's just numb nuts me again. When I printed the instructions before the pdf file I made the font larger so it would be easier to read and I ended up with 3 pages. So I was looking for 3 pages again.....but it's all on the one page. Never mind........I'll crawl back in my dummy hole now.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:25 PM

Gini

I uploaded your fabric pic to the group media file.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 1,245
Brenda H replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:27 PM

I like the colors in option 1, but I think you need something a little lighter.  Did you try to put your med for op 2 with op 1 and remove the dark?  It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like that may go with your print.

Brenda

Brenda H

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:30 PM

thanks nana, i was going to do that when i got home, but you beat me to it.  i just realized that my pictures on physically on the home computer.  i tried to get them on this computer and it took me a little while to figure out why i couldn't find them       gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 843
Points 18,935
Cindy replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 5:23 PM

Hello,

I'm back!  Just got back from Nassau this afternoon (we had a wonderful time) and anxious to get started.  I do think I'll take tomorrow off to get rested before I start though.  I only have over 600 messages to work my way through. 

Cindy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 6:20 PM

Cindy

I am glad that you had a nice trip.  You will have to tell us all about it when you get a chance.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,830
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:03 PM

Hi Katie,

Glad to see you joining in on the Myster Quilt. I think you will find it's a lot of fun.

We have a separate group dedicated to answering specific questions about the Mystery Quilt project. I think some of the recent posts there answer exactly your question about cutting HSTs.

To join the MQ Group (which is separate from this general forum) just click here:

Mystery Quilt #3

Good luck!

QCA Liz S.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,830
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 7:08 PM

Diane Morgan:

Gini~

It's just numb nuts me again. When I printed the instructions before the pdf file I made the font larger so it would be easier to read and I ended up with 3 pages. So I was looking for 3 pages again.....but it's all on the one page. Never mind........I'll crawl back in my dummy hole now.

Dear Diane, You totally made me LOL!! I thought to myself you must be looking for instructions for the WHOLE quilt in that first PDF. Glad to know you can take a bit of suspense and wait till next week for more.  :-)

QCA Liz S.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Hi Liz~

I just get so excited that I read so quick and do things so quick that nothing has time to register in my head! It's a creative whirling out of control blob sitting on my shoulders but I'm used to it. Thanks for writing to me......I'm extremely flattered. You're a QCA staaaaaaaaaar.

I can't wait for the Mystery Quilt but I'm waiting for next week. This is worse than being a little kid and waiting for Santa to come and to see what's under the tree on Christmas morning. Plus, I'm waiting for fabric to be delivered, too and I keep listening for the mailman up on the roof. Haven't heard him yet. lol

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:04 PM

hi cindy, welcome back from nassau, get your rest, there is plenty of time to catch up   gini      

gini in north idaho

Page 27 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use