Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 26 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 65
LorraineV replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 8:47 AM

Good morning!  I am a new club member and I am excited about this new Mystery Quilt!  Yesterday I pulled 3 fabrics out of my stash and started cutting.  Can't wait to begin sewing!

Lorraine

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

And here comes Curious George. When I go to print the PDF file I only have page one of the file, not all the pages. What am I doing wrong this time???????

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Gini~

I like option 1 the best but I also like option 2 the best. I'm no help on this one.

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Pre-Batik questions. This is my fist time using batiks. I usually use 80/12 needles for piecing and 90/14 for quilting. Is there anything I should know about batiks being unique for thread or needles?

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:12 AM

LorraineV:

Good morning!  I am a new club member and I am excited about this new Mystery Quilt!  Yesterday I pulled 3 fabrics out of my stash and started cutting.  Can't wait to begin sewing!

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

welcome to the group.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Welcome Lorraine~

Good to see you jumping right in. There is a lot of excitement about this Mystery Quilt. I think before it is done, we will be on national tv! Our cheerleadning squad alone is going to need a football stadium to cheer us on. This is my first mystery quilt and I cant wait!

We'd love to see some pics of your fabric choices.

North of Boston MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:52 AM

pat, i like the second one best, too. but the first one has been in my stash an awful long time, so i think it is time to make them into a quilt.   that's why i'm leaning towards the first one.   if i don't use them soon, i'm afraid they will crumble into dust     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:55 AM

Diane Morgan:

Pre-Batik questions. This is my fist time using batiks. I usually use 80/12 needles for piecing and 90/14 for quilting. Is there anything I should know about batiks being unique for thread or needles?

Diane

I use a 90/14 needle for all my piecing even batiks.  They really aren't any different to work with than any of the other fabrics.   Just really beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:56 AM

Lorraine

Welcome to the MQ group.  We are glad you are along for the journey with us.  Be prepared for quite a ride.....have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:58 AM

Diane Morgan:
There is a lot of excitement about this Mystery Quilt. I think before it is done, we will be on national tv! Our cheerleadning squad alone is going to need a football stadium to cheer us on. This is my first mystery quilt and I cant wait!

and now, i  am picturing our cheerleading squad being hoisted, couches and all ( it sounds like they may end up with a reclining couch each)  a bushel basket of chocolate and at least that size basket of popcorn.  they're going to need seat belts so they don't fall off with all the giggling, while they are being lifted into the stadium.  this is getting big girls, you need  to practice your couch cheers.    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,615
Katie replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:00 AM

I have question about the cutting instructions.  I am new to quilting and this is only the 3rd quilt that I have made.  I noticed that in the instructions there are A LOT of HST.  I have HST paper where you sew pieces together and then cut out the triangle.  Can I do that here?  If so what size paper would I need and what would the cutting instructions then be?  THANKS for your help in this matter

Katie

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:00 AM

lorraine,  good morning and welcome, this is a crazy group, i'm glad you're joining the workers here and are not one of those gals who spend their time  couch sitting,  watching and eating popcorn while we slave at our machines.    :  )    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:01 AM

Gini

The first set of fabrics is very pretty.  If you choose to go with those I would use the "blue" one for the dark, the print for the medium , and the red for the light.  I think it will make up very pretty even though you don't actually have a true light, medium, dark but there is alot of contrast with your fabrics.

I really like the fabrics in the second set as well.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:02 AM

Diane Morgan:
And here comes Curious George. When I go to print the PDF file I only have page one of the file, not all the pages. What am I doing wrong this time???????

i only got one page, but i thought there was only one page on there, so far?  am i missing something?    

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:06 AM

kanaylor:

I have question about the cutting instructions.  I am new to quilting and this is only the 3rd quilt that I have made.  I noticed that in the instructions there are A LOT of HST.  I have HST paper where you sew pieces together and then cut out the triangle.  Can I do that here?  If so what size paper would I need and what would the cutting instructions then be?  THANKS for your help in this matter

The HSTs in this project are not put together the way most HSTs are so the papers won't work.  Just be accurate with your cutting and take a deep breathe and relax.  The pattern really isn't difficult.  For some reason most of use quilter's see the word HST in a pattern and begin to panic.  This is our second MQ using triangles.  After people did the first one they were much more comfortable working with triangles and found that they really aren't so scary.   Even though you are new to quilting I really think you will be alright.  I will lead you through each step.  

Vinton, Virginia

• Filed under:
Page 26 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use