Top 10 Posters

MYSTERY QUILT COMING SOON

Page 22 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,404 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:44 AM

Stephanie:
Now, if I just had the rest of my fabric...Diane and I are both going to be mailman cheerleaders."Bring my fabric, you can do it, making a mystery quilt ,and I gotta hop to it." Rah,Rah mailman.....

Great cheer Stephanie.....I know Diane will appreciate it.  Also thanks for the compliment.  Sometimes I feel like I am confusing myself....LOL>   If you ever have a question about any of the postings please don't hesitate to ask.  I will try to make it more clear for you.  But I do think if you are really careful in your cutting the original instructions will work fine.  I just had problems with the one set of HSTs and I think my cutting was a little off.  My hands sometimes slip a little when I am cutting.

Vinton, Virginia

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,654
Points 82,429

Nana:
Now, if I just had the rest of my fabric...Diane and I are both going to be mailman cheerleaders."Bring my fabric, you can do it, making a mystery quilt ,and I gotta hop to it." Rah,Rah mailman....

DH just had to come out and unstick my fingers from the mailbox. I forgot it is a holiday and no mail delivery today. :o{

North of Boston MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:55 AM

Nana:
If you ever have a question about any of the postings please don't hesitate to ask.  I will try to make it more clear for you. 

Nana, Thank you. Your instructions were perfectly clear. It was me. I was going to print the instructions and make the notations about the changes before I started cutting and I dropped the ball. I'm not gonna fret over it. I have plenty of fabric and if my test pieces don't work out, I'll just re-cut them and use these for something else.  Nothing goes to waste in the quilting world LOL  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928
Stephanie replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:03 PM

Diane Morgan:

DH just had to come out and unstick my fingers from the mailbox. I forgot it is a holiday and no mail delivery today. :o{

Diane,

Boo Hoobie. I'm right there with you. Is your bottom pout lip out? Mine is. I just don't have another thing in the world that I could be doing besides pining over my fabric... LOL.    

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

I got my light and dark fabric cut.  Tomorrow is seniors day at Mary Maxim and I am going to go look for a better medium

Paris, Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Sandy H.:

My 14 yr old niece/godchild plans to go to Univ of FL so just recently painted her room blue and orange.  And, yes, her parents knew what colors she was planning to use!  I'm going to make this MQ for her in the FL Gator fabrics so it will be very bright.

Sandy -- Just get out your sun glasses and go for it.  My DGD picked out bright colors for hers when I did MQ2.  I would have to take breaks to rest my eyes when I worked on it.  The picture in the MQ2 media just doesn't show how bright my Wild Child quilt was. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511

Marge (AKA Dimples):
The picture in the MQ2 media just doesn't show how bright my Wild Child quilt was. 

Marge, I remember your Wild Child quilt and it came out lovely, though I admit to being a little concerned when I first saw the fabrics!  The important thing is that the young ones like their quilts.  It also helps me justify making another quilt that I don't really need!

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,403
Points 361,167
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:39 PM

AAARRRRGH! I cut my fabric wrong! I cut the light fabric yesterday and I just realised today that I cut the square half inch too short. I'll have to get more fabrics. Grrrr.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:43 PM

Kris

I am so sorry that you made a mistake on your cutting.  That is so irritating.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957

Kris:
AAARRRRGH! I cut my fabric wrong

Kris, I do that everytime I pick up my rotary cutter LOL.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,403
Points 361,167
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:01 PM

If I'd used my ruler might have corrected after the first cut but I was using my quilt cut where you set the measurement once then cut over and over at the same measurement.

Thank goodness I stopped there before I cut all the fabric. I'll save the bad cuts for another project.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,461
Points 137,928

Kris,

So sorry to hear you cut you fabric wrong. Had you ordered this purchased locally? 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,019
gini replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:30 PM

Kris:
I'll have to get more fabrics. Grrrr.

are you sure you didn't just want to go shopping for more fabric, subliminally, maybe?    :  )   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,403
Points 361,167
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:00 PM

Stephanie:
Kris,

So sorry to hear you cut you fabric wrong. Had you ordered this purchased locally? 

Stephanie,

lucky for me it's at the LQS. I'll get some more tomorrow before work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,403
Points 361,167
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:01 PM

gini:
are you sure you didn't just want to go shopping for more fabric, subliminally, maybe?    :  )   gini

Could be Gini. Doesn't take much to motivate me to go shopping.

Page 22 of 94 (1405 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use